autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 169 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: DK News

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DK News

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksilver5882 View Post
    Congratulations!!! The Genesis Coupe is such a gorgeous vehicle! Reminds me of the G35 coupe but with more power. Enjoy DK News
    Yes indeed! They are nice looking cars all around.
    (Although the power statement only holds true for the 3.8, not the 2.0.)

Congrats Monica!

Very cool upgrade there girl.

You'll love that added power, what.... twice as much as the Mini? And of course the room, ride, and boogie factor ain't all bad either. And even though it's a LOT heavier (1000 lbs), it actually stops a LOT quicker. OTOH the gas mileage you're going to have to get used to. But honestly that's the only downside. Ehhhh maybe the insurance but who's counting.... other than your insurance agent that is.

I was reading a while back though (on the 2013 models.... and I'd suppose since then it's the same) is that while they are built around "premium unleaded" that the knock sensors will adjust and "de-tune" the engine and let you run it on regular, downgrading the HP/TQ figures to 260/260 (from 274/275). I know my G35 isn't happy AT ALL with anything less than mid-grade (although I run premium in it). Takes a total re-set of the ECU and letting it relearn from scratch to keep it from knocking.

Will be nice to see your first total detail thread!
    And wow.... it's gonna' be a totally different trip to "The Dragon" next time around!

Post Thanks / Like

Insurance isn't bad at all on these cars, I pay $400.00 / 6 months.
    I get 20 city / 27 highway out of my 3.8 and I "DRIVE IT HARD"

No knocking or " detuning " it's gasoline direct injection. I ran premium a few tanks and have been running regular for two years, no change in gas mileage and no noticeable change in performance so why bother paying for premium. That this car can run on regular is a MAJOR plus.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Just guessing here but with an intake, tune and cat-back that car should go up to 325 hp and GREAT torque gains! I'm sure Monica has done her research and has a plan of attack....TIME ATTACK!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post

Congrats Monica!

Very cool upgrade there girl.

You'll love that added power, what.... twice as much as the Mini? And of course the room, ride, and boogie factor ain't all bad either. And even though it's a LOT heavier (1000 lbs), it actually stops a LOT quicker. OTOH the gas mileage you're going to have to get used to. But honestly that's the only downside. Ehhhh maybe the insurance but who's counting.... other than your insurance agent that is.

I was reading a while back though (on the 2013 models.... and I'd suppose since then it's the same) is that while they are built around "premium unleaded" that the knock sensors will adjust and "de-tune" the engine and let you run it on regular, downgrading the HP/TQ figures to 260/260 (from 274/275). I know my G35 isn't happy AT ALL with anything less than mid-grade (although I run premium in it). Takes a total re-set of the ECU and letting it relearn from scratch to keep it from knocking.

Will be nice to see your first total detail thread!
    And wow.... it's gonna' be a totally different trip to "The Dragon" next time around!
    Actually my MINI had 210hp at the wheels...
    The Coupe is about 800lbs heavier. Has MUCH better brakes (I can't believe how big these things are). And I probably won't see much of a difference in mileage TBH. And insurance is only going up $141 per 6 months

I will definitely post up about products I will be using on it!

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post

No knocking or " detuning " it's gasoline direct injection. I ran premium a few tanks and have been running regular for two years, no change in gas mileage and no noticeable change in performance so why bother paying for premium. That this car can run on regular is a MAJOR plus.
    I only use Shell gas, so I'm not even sure what octane I'll use. I'm used to only using 93.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Just guessing here but with an intake, tune and cat-back that car should go up to 325 hp and GREAT torque gains! I'm sure Monica has done her research and has a plan of attack....TIME ATTACK!

LOL- everyone is so into me modding! I'm kinda looking forward to just driving the new car
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy your new ride, once the mod bug hits your done

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    The Coupe is about 800lbs heavier. Has MUCH better brakes (I can't believe how big these things are). And I probably won't see much of a difference in mileage TBH. And insurance is only going up $141 per 6 months

I only use Shell gas, so I'm not even sure what octane I'll use. I'm used to only using 93.

LOL- everyone is so into me modding! I'm kinda looking forward to just driving the new car
    Right but I think its because we know your a "car guy" and I mean that with the utmost respect, you know what I mean Monica

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post

Actually the ECU will detect your octane and adjust not only to it, but your driving style as well. Upon a "fresh" reset it'll be more aggressive right from the start. Only after it "learns" your driving style does it give both the performance and mileage that best suits your style and fuel being used. If it's reset to factory specs, and you run regular it'll knock, (at least until it adjusts to the lower power and octane settings). Just as if you put premium in and it's been running on regular it'll not give you those extra ponies right away (and be a waste of gas until it's been reset).

I know my G35 has done this for years. In fact, if you swap to higher octane gas, (or lower for that matter) the fastest way to get optimal performance is to reset the ECU, either by disconnecting the battery or the gas pedal method (which I use). I suspect the Genesis has a very similar method.

G35 ECU Reset

1) Turn ignition to on only, (don't start) wait 3 seconds
    2) Push fully and release the gas pedal 5 times within 5 seconds
    3) Wait 7 secs, fully push gas pedal and hold for 10 seconds until the CES light starts to blink
    4) Release gas pedal (you are in diagnostic test mode 2)
    5) Press and hold gas pedal for more than 10 seconds. Release pedal.
    6) The CES light will continue to blink
    7) Turn ignition off. Restart car.

This is direct from J.D. Power:

1.) Hyundai sells the 2013 Genesis Coupe as a 2.0T model and as a 3.8 model. The Genesis Coupe 2.0T is equipped with a turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine that gains new twin-scroll turbocharger and a larger intercooler for 2013. Horsepower and torque increase substantially, generating 274 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 275 lb.-ft. at 2,000 rpm, operating on premium fuel. The engine's anti-knock sensors are designed to automatically adjust ignition timing and engine mapping to allow the engine to run perfectly on regular fuel in exchange for downgrades in power to 260 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque. Hyundai claims the Genesis Coupe 2.0T achieves a 146-mph top speed while returning 21-mpg city/30-mpg highway with the standard 6-speed manual gearbox, which offers improved shift feel and clutch operation for 2013. With the new 8-speed automatic transmission, developed in-house by Hyundai, fuel economy ratings are 20-mpg city/31-mpg highway.

2.) The Genesis Coupe 3.8 is equipped with a 3.8-liter V-6 engine, now equipped with direct fuel injection for 2013. Horsepower increases by 42 ponies this year, to 348 horsepower at 6,400 rpm, and torque is up 29 lb.-ft. to 295 at 5,100 rpm when burning premium unleaded fuel. On regular unleaded, horsepower drops to 344 while torque measures 292 lb.-ft. The V-6 engine is paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox or the new 8-speed automatic transmission, and fuel economy improves to 18-mpg city/27-mpg highway with the manual and 18-mpg city/28-mpg highway with the automatic. Hyundai says the Genesis Coupe 3.8 accelerates to 60 mph in less than 5.5 seconds on the way to a top speed of 149 mph.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you girl!

Just driving it is reward enough!!!!!

One thing that my G has is 4 wheel steer. Most don't, but BOY is it fun! I did the Stillen CAI and called it a day. Seemed reasonable enough at the time.

That was back then, and I really didn't want to rag on it while it was new, (it's a 2006 with 33,700 miles on it now). So now I'm really Jonesing for a Motordyne spacer/thermal upgrade as well as his Shockwave exhaust system.

Post Thanks / Like

Just checking in on the forum and saw this on the front page. Congrats on your new ride!! Black huh??.... You're a glutton for punishment. Seriously though...I know you'll have that thing looking awesome in short time.

Post Thanks / Like

TADA!

2014 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec.

Caspian Black! EEK!

Yeah buddy!

And filthy from the pouring rain today!!!!!!

congrats on the new ride, absolutely beautiful! please let us know how you like it when you have more seat time...

Page 7 of 169 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast