autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: DK News

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DK News

Was asked yesterday if I would detail a coworker's truck for them...

It's a 2016 Z71.

I am hesitant for several reasons...

1. It's a BLACK truck, so lots of time.

2. Said coworker does NOT keep his vehicles nice, and he will only use swirl-o-matics to wash his vehicles. The only reason he's even asking me to detail it is because he just got it and wants a good layer of protection on it sometime before winter.

3. He is NOT a spender... read between the lines and that means he's cheap. So I am fairly certain the price I give him will not go over well.

That being the case, I think if I quote him a fair price and he doesn't like it then I am off the hook. I refuse to short myself just because someone doesn't understand our value as detailers.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2. Likes Bruno Soares, Jim w liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Was asked yesterday if I would detail a coworker's truck for them...

It's a 2016 Z71.

I am hesitant for several reasons...

1. It's a BLACK truck, so lots of time.

2. Said coworker does NOT keep his vehicles nice, and he will only use swirl-o-matics to wash his vehicles. The only reason he's even asking me to detail it is because he just got it and wants a good layer of protection on it sometime before winter.

3. He is NOT a spender... read between the lines and that means he's cheap. So I am fairly certain the price I give him will not go over well.

That being the case, I think if I quote him a fair price and he doesn't like it then I am off the hook. I refuse to short myself just because someone doesn't understand our value as detailers.
    Good for you, and you shouldn't. People don't know the level of effort, time, attention to detail, physical pain, and expense of products that goes into this. When you work on a car for 8 - 12 hours, there is not much one can barter for or expect a discount. The amount of effort has to equate to your hourly rate + incidentals. Business is business...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Good for you, and you shouldn't. People don't know the level of effort, time, attention to detail, physical pain, and expense of products that goes into this. When you work on a car for 8 - 12 hours, there is not much one can barter for or expect a discount. The amount of effort has to equate to your hourly rate + incidentals. Business is business...
    I could be jumping the gun on this but we will see once I quote him.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Well not great news...

June had 2 seizures yesterday. This is at the end of the timeframe they gave us for her life expectancy since the last ones.

She is currently at the vet... she stayed overnight so they could give her fluids and monitor her.
    Assuming she is stabile for 24+ hours, she will come home on a 2nd seizure med.

Sadly if this one doesn't work we know that time is here to make the call...

Post Thanks / Like

Well not great news...

June had 2 seizures yesterday. This is at the end of the timeframe they gave us for her life expectancy since the last ones.

She is currently at the vet... she stayed overnight so they could give her fluids and monitor her.
    Assuming she is stabile for 24+ hours, she will come home on a 2nd seizure med.

Sadly if this one doesn't work we know that time is here to make the call...

Monica, I'm so sorry to hear this. Our thoughts are with you and June. We're pulling for her in hopes that the new meds will help. We (grey onwers) love our greys... and we do everything for them. I'm really hoping the new meds do the trick and June is chasing squirrels in the back yard in no time. Keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Monica, I'm so sorry to hear this. Our thoughts are with you and June. We're pulling for her in hopes that the new meds will help. We (grey owners) love our greys... and we do everything for them. I'm really hoping the new meds do the trick and June is chasing squirrels in the back yard in no time. Keep us posted.
    Sadly the new med will only be buying us some more time with her. The tumor isn't going away, we already know this.
    But hopefully we can give her more great days of chasing some squirrels and being spoiled rotten before we have to say good-bye.
    Thx for the kind words

Post Thanks / Like

Monica, bad news.... so sorry to hear!

9. Thanks DetailKitty thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly the new med will only be buying us some more time with her. The tumor isn't going away, we already know this.
    But hopefully we can give her more great days of chasing some squirrels and being spoiled rotten before we have to say good-bye.
    Thx for the kind words
    Praying for you guys. We have been through the exact same thing.

You struggle with trying to keep her alive with everything in your power, but second guess yourself if it is indeed the right thing to do.

Either way, making "the call" is the absolute WORST part of pet ownership.

But, good pet owners (You, Monica) know when the time is right.

Hang in there, girl. We are here for you.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

11. Thanks DetailKitty thanked for this post
    Likes DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thx Paul... a lot of dog and pet owners on here so I know you all understand.

Making that decision never gets easy. Sadly I’ve had to do it several times in my life.

We will know when it’s time.

Good news is she’s home now. Hopefully she settles in and gets less wobbly. Last time it took her a week before she was completely stable.

Fingers crossed she does well on this new med and is around for a while longer.

Post Thanks / Like

Thx Paul... a lot of dog and pet owners on here so I know you all understand.

Making that decision never gets easy. Sadly I’ve had to do it several times in my life.

We will know when it’s time.

Good news is she’s home now. Hopefully she settles in and gets less wobbly. Last time it took her a week before she was completely stable.

Fingers crossed she does well on this new med and is around for a while longer.
    Fingers are crossed..................
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 141 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4191131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151 ... LastLast