autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Garage Mods for Efficiency

Quote Originally Posted by MattieDSC View Post
    Do you have any issue with the foam cannon and the lower power pressure washer? I've been wanting to get that little pressure washer but I've heard it can't power a foam cannon well. Any input would be appreciated.
    The PSI of the pressure washer, I was told, has little to do with how much foam you are able to get out of the MTM Hydro cannon. Rather, it has to do with GPM (gallons per minute).
    This unit I believe is a 1.5gpm and my previous one was a 1.7gpm, I believe...

I have not got the chance to foam with this setup yet so I will update this thread when I do! I am curious about it as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaJae View Post
    Although the Vac n Blo is marketed as both a vacuum and a blower, I find that the output of its air leaves much to be desired compared to a dedicated blower. I compare its output to that of a warm hair dryer.

The master blaster is the way to go if you have the money to dedicate to it, otherwise a Blaster Sidekick is also very handy and will also be much more powerful than the Vac N Blo.
    Oh OK. Is the Vac N Blo worth the money or should I just stick to my shop vac? I always wanted one but don't know if I could justify it. Also if you could only have one which would you keep? The Vac N Blo or master blaster?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dsg03gt View Post
    Also if you could only have one which would you keep? The Vac N Blo or master blaster?
    That's like asking me which testicle I would keep!

In all seriousness, if you are referring to just the drying ability between the two units, definitely I would keep the Master Blaster, that's a no-brainer.

However, since the Vac n Blo is first and foremost a vacuum and not really a very good blower imo, a vacuum is definitely required as part of a car care regimen, whereas the Master Blaster's functionality can be accomplished using drying towels, although without as much fun.

So yeah, if I had to choose only one, I would choose the Vac N Blo due to its ability to vacuum, and occasionally blow air.

In fairness, if I had used a smaller nozzle on the end of the Vac N Blo while testing the air output, it would most likely be more than capable of getting all the water out of mirrors, crevices and emblems. The Master Blaster, on the other hand, is capable of blowing water from one side of the car clear off the other side, and quite simply attempts to remove the emblems when applied.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    You're looking at this backwards. The breaker rating is matched to the wire size, not the outlet. He's got 10 ga wire which is cool for 30 amps. (The main purpose of the breaker is to protect the wiring)
    No, it's the whole system that's being protected (ask a Building Inspector if you doubt this). You can burn things down from a outlet failure, just look at the aluminum wiring problem from the 70's (I think that's when they installed it ???).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234