autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Need to rant here.

Today it was by coworkers turn to drive. So, I leave my brand new SUV parked in what I think is a safe spot. Away from people and the grass looks short so nobody will be cutting it in the carpool lot.

Come back to my car and it's dark. I noticed some crap on my windshield and didn't think anything of it. Get home and notice that the back is absolutely covered in grass clippings.

I go straight to car wash (touch less) and get it washed. Check it out after and grass has stained my brand new pearl white paint....... Needless to say I'm PISSED! Do they not see a brand new car parked alone and an owner who cares about it????? Who knows what else got flung up. Rocks and such. Couldn't get a good look at it but I'm sure there are some scratches.

Why is it people are stupid and ignorant with other peoples stuff ? People let shopping carts go loose, open doors on others cars and generally have a " don't give a crap" attitude about other peoples vehicles. Expensive or not.

I am always prudent around others things. The other day a neighbours kid was aiming for my vehicles armed with two huge driveway chalks in hand ready to re-paint my ride. Luckily the mother caught him within 2 feet of my ride.

I just don't get it. I almost think it's futile to keep a nice clean ride. Unless it's parked in a garage.

Am I being overly anal here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need to rant here.

Heck my lawn guy does that every week to my dd in my drive way.
    Hope you like the new Santa Fe I've heard good things about it.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Nope youre eight on the money. My wifes brand new blue santa fe already has scratches from my neighbors leaning garbage cans on it. People just dont give a damn anymore. I have come to the same conclusion that only a car that is garaged is worth all the work we put in it.....

Post Thanks / Like
    u need one of these perimeter alarms . when it detects human interference it talks . "please back away , prepare to self detonate in 5 seconds , run now " lol

chad

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry about your indecent but most people these don't even care one bit and its ashamed and your not begin overly obsessive or anything most of us is just like you including me though once the daylight is here take a closer look at the grass stains see if you can 2 bucket wash them away if not you may be looking at polishing that green etching away....best of luck on keeping your ride clean

Post Thanks / Like

i know how you feel. in my driveway i noticed some tire marks in which one led to the grass and someone back in and/or out of it and left a tire track as well as some in the driveway too. some people these days have no common sense and have no respect for others property. it's kinda like the attitude of, "if it's not mine, what do i care"....

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the root of your problems is other people.
    I have noticed that people are ruder, angrier and have no manners

My parents grew up in the community generation
    I grew up in the family generation
    My kids are part of the me generation. It's all about me, what's in it for me?

It is a shocking realisation that as we advance we loose our social values.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks folks . It's just so frustrating. Last summer I ordered $200 worth of detailing products. I just placed another $200 order and spend Countless hours maintaining and detailing our vehicles.

We all know the work and attention to detail that goes into keeping our vehicles shiny and new looking. Only to have stupid people ruin your hard work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I got one for you,as we all r OCD about our cars,I asked my neighbor if he kids would not play ball in the front yard anymore. My 2older cars took a lot of ball hits,these kids can't catch to save there lives,he has since stop talking to me! 6 months and counting,if I knew the outcome was this , I would have asked years ago!!! He is an ASS any way!! We nicked name them "the perfects" years ago!!

Post Thanks / Like

A neighbor on one side of my home does the bare minimum to care for her weed farm. And when her son mows he does not pick up the clippings; some of which rest on my asphalt driveway.

Compared to you guys I guess I should count my blessings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast