autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who plays ball?

Post Thanks / Like

Who plays ball?

Anyone else around here play softball? This is my favorite time of year, our league just started this week and I actually think we have a chance to do some damage this year. I just stocked up on some Viper Bats and am looking to go yard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, I play almost all year round here. Jan-June is 1 league, April-July is another, and Mar-Nov is our longest league. Got a Miken Freak (100), DeMarini 375 (for mush balls), and a Worth Mayhem (Jeff Hall edition) in my bag.

Post Thanks / Like
    tournament time for our league right now...

Post Thanks / Like
    I use dryer balls in the laundry, does that count ???

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Living in SO FL we can play year round

I have regular league play 2 nights and 1 day per week.

In addition in FL we have the FL half century travel league (for people 50-60 & 60+). We play once per month at sites around the state.

The fun thing about the 50+ league is that wie still use the Miken UltraII, (in the other leagues I have to use lesser bats)

Post Thanks / Like
    I play, but our team doesn't take it serious. We basically get drunk before, during and after the game and beat up on all the teams who take it serious. There are occasional fights, and alot of #### talking. We are a bunch of Ex-baseball players so everybody knows how to play pretty well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Only with my bro, but not in a league. I dont think they have a league for my age group.

Dont you have to OLD for a softball league? (Like you old-timers )
    Obsessed is a word that lazy people use for Dedicated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ021
    Only with my bro, but not in a league. I dont think they have a league for my age group.

Dont you have to OLD for a softball league? (Like you old-timers )
    I play in an all-ages league so we have some teams that have players from 16 up to some guys pushing 60-70. Of course being in the "A" braket we are all in about our 20-30's.

We are an ASA league though and don't get to use the Ultra II's. I bet you guys get some serious pop with that bat though. I've decided to go wood this year, I going for that whole old-school approach.

Post Thanks / Like
    Travis:

I wish they would all go back to the wood bats. It would bring a lot more defense etc into play. I think the skill level has diminished since the advent of these new bats from Demarini forward.

It won't happen because of egos involved. Everyone wants to pretend they have the skill level of major leagures. Esoecially after a few cold beverages

With the travel team (old guys), the Miken is ridiculous. In the normal open leagues we use the same bats like you. There must be a 10% difference in distance between the Miken and other "legal" bats. I can accidently hit homeruns with the Miken, with the regular bats its alot more difficult (lol).

BTW Gnarboots..how can anybody take it too seriously ...its sloooow pitch, its a reason for comraderie, a little (or lot) of drinking, male bonding and competition. You must play against to many Balco enhanced guys out there in CA.

Post Thanks / Like
    I played in a league a few years ago and am still recovering Seriously though, not doing much sports activity for years then going into a league----well, it HURT!!! I can remember being SOOOO sore after games, but I loved it. Thinking about getting into another league soon, just to stay active. When I got in the first league I bought a Demarini Doublewall on Ebay and let's just say WOW! The pop that bat had was incredible......everyone used it and loved it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast