autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 168 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SickTRed08FSI View Post
    Guy had an Abarth at a car show I attended last year and it sounded amazing. He had fabricated a higher flow exhaust and a better intake. They are awesome cars. Congrats!
    I'm actually surprised that exhaust systems are made for this car, they sound really, really good stock, can't say that about too many cars, NONE in this price range for sure! I mean the new F-type comes to mind when you talk about OEM exhausts, the new C7 too but that's optional though. That said, I guess there are some restrictions, I did see a high-flow cat for it where it works with the stock exhaust, so that's good! The last car around this price to sound good was the Neon SRT4, another car that came from the factory w/o a muffler either.

I'm checking out intakes right now and believe I've found one I really like, makes 12 hp over stock and IIRC about 8 ft/lbs of torque, on the dyno which is a Dyno Jet, so I like that! A tune will come next year but for that it looks like its going to be the 500 Madness version. With those 2 mods the car puts down 195 whp and I believe over 200 ft/lbs of torque, all to the wheels, amazing and get this, the dealership warranties this when they do the install of the tune, the intake is very simple, so don't think they need to do that to be warrantied but I'll check for sure. Not too many dealerships/companies are "mod friendly", nice to see this.

Looking forward to this spring and summer for sure, windows down and revs up!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm slowing finding out once again that "power corrupts", LOL. Tune and intake and the car is almost making 200 hp, 2512 lbs and 5 spd= FUN!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    "power corrupts"= FUN!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joz132 View Post
    Ummm yeah, 195 "potential" hp corrupts you like stealing a stick of gum, SIX HUNDRED AND THIRTY EIGHT HP corrupts you and turns you into an alderman

I should atleast have my Euro Compulsion SRI (short ram intake) on by the time we have our meet and maybe, just maybe, the Madness 500 tune, giving me the 195 hp and over 200 ft/lbs of torque, enough to get me into alot of trouble given the weight of the car and fact that I haven't had a "fun" car in a while, once its in your veins there's NO cure, I've relapsed!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I passed an Abarth on snow covered 290 and the draft off my rig blew it out of it's travel lane...just saying.

OAN: I load on Busse Rd weekly.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Ummm yeah, 195 "potential" hp corrupts you like stealing a stick of gum, SIX HUNDRED AND THIRTY EIGHT HP corrupts you and turns you into an alderman

I should atleast have my Euro Compulsion SRI (short ram intake) on by the time we have our meet and maybe, just maybe, the Madness 500 tune, giving me the 195 hp and over 200 ft/lbs of torque, enough to get me into alot of trouble given the weight of the car and fact that I haven't had a "fun" car in a while, once its in your veins there's NO cure, I've relapsed!!!
    Soooooooo you'll be giving up your "Capt Slo" license plates ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    Soooooooo you'll be giving up your "Capt Slo" license plates ???
    Its funny you say this because I thought about BCKFIRE because of how the exhaust sounds. I picked CPT SLOW because of my demeanor, I.e. James May but I'm short like Richard Hammond and have a big mouth (and big thumbs here) like Jeremy Clarkson. I'm going to explore other ideas for the plate idea too, its going to pertain to the car and its tude for sure! I'll let you know if and when I do this so you can scoop it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Transplant View Post
    I passed an Abarth on snow covered 290 and the draft off my rig blew it out of it's travel lane...just saying.

OAN: I load on Busse Rd weekly.
    Not slamming you here but I've got a question or 2. First, why were you passing on a snow covered road? If your speed limit is 55 mph the only passing to be done should be done when its dry and clear. I don't drive a rig but I deliver Freightliner parts all day/night long and notice how aggressive truckers are here in Chicagoland, they pass when I'm going 45-50 mph while in the right lane on snowy days, just don't get that. Sure traction may not be a problem but stopping all that momentum is another thing.

That said, because my car doesn't have all-seasons or snows, I'm not driving it on snowy days, didn't drive it 2 days last week and it will probably stay parked at work Monday where the wife will have to pick me up, luckily we don't live but 20 mins from work. Come this fall I will be buying 16 snow tires and cheap alloys for it, then I'll be all set. I'm sure that car got blew out of its lane due to the road conditions as well as the gust from the truck.

I'm sure your safe out there but remember, your going to get to your location, be safe out there!

Post Thanks / Like

With software make sure you do some bolt ons. Exhaust and intake! Be up to 200whp on that shoe.. I mean car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andr3wilson View Post
    With software make sure you do some bolt ons. Exhaust and intake! Be up to 200whp on that shoe.. I mean car!
    They make exhaust systems for the car but in stock trim it has NO muffler, LOL! I plan on doing a short ram intake from Euro Compulsion pretty soon but the actual software tune will probably wait till next year, a little treat from some of our tax refund. Its kinda cool to do a mod and enjoy it for a while and then look forward to the next one, renews the car everytime you do it. I will admit that my budget also makes me do this but because of this I do appreciate mods more when I do them this way.

Page 8 of 168 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast