autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 168 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll just say its a lot, don't wanna put too much of my personal life out there, I'm sure you understand. I wish I could sell my car outright but noone is going to buy a 2011 Honda CR-Z EX w/46k on the clock for $19k.

I'm still waiting to hear from the dealership but don't expect it to work out, oh well, it is what it is.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

Your car is not bad, bro. Stylish exterior and a really nice interior and it has good gas mileage. Much better in those respects than many cars in it's price range.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoususer View Post
    Your car is not bad, bro. Stylish exterior and a really nice interior and it has good gas mileage. Much better in those respects than many cars in it's price range.
    Thank you but my buddy Hectour said it best to me "You have to love a car, not just really like it" and there lies the issue, passion, gotta have passion for a car.

I really do like my CR-Z its all the things you said and I've tried to inject more attitude into it by removing the muffler w/ straight pipe (doesn't sound like a fart can), added a K&N typhoon SRI and wheels that minic the Mugen wheels on the Civic Si Mugen edition from a couple years ago, along with some unique exterior touches that are tastefully done.

Everything happens for a reason I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'm 2.5 yrs into 6 yrs of payments on the CR-Z, so IF I were to get the Abarth I'd be basically adding that 2.5 yrs of payments, plus and extra $30.00 a month extra due to the neg equity. Practical or very happy walking out to the car everyday and firing it up, things to think about.

This is where "quality of life" comes in.

Smart money says CR-Z. Unique & reliable. What's not to like. I hardly see it on the road (SF Bay Area is full of unique cars), and when I do, it manages to pull a smile from me each time. I have a soft spot for the old CRX Si (especially ones in yellow), so that might have something to do with it.

OTOH, how much is happiness worth? If it's doable within reason, I don't see why not.

This is what I would do with all of my purchases: Break it down into daily dollars. How much would happiness set you back per day? If you're comfortable with the amount - go for it. If it brings you nothing but joy, then it's worth it in my book. We "settled" all the time. Once in a while I'd say f-it if the situation allows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    The GTI isn't as radical as some out there, but as a 40-year old father of two, a subdued car that's quick and fun to drive is exactly what I need. I have to drive the car to work every day on crappy roads and in the snow. The vehicle also has to be up to the challenge of doing moderate road trips in the region as well as haul the family around town. For me, a bonkers car just wouldn't work. If I could park "bonkers" in the garage and only bring it out once in a while for a quick back-road blast on good roads I'd be all for it.
    I feel ya man! I'm a 42 year father of 3 who drives 62 miles a day round trip to work in Detroit!! Michigan is the captial of crappy roads! Snow, we have it this year, like no other year before it!

I know a secret about Roger and the Abarth 500!! Something happened today!
    2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by derek0609 View Post
    I feel ya man! I'm a 42 year father of 3 who drives 62 miles a day round trip to work in Detroit!! Michigan is the captial of crappy roads! Snow, we have it this year, like no other year before it!

I know a secret about Roger and the Abarth 500!! Something happened today!
    I'll bite. What is this secret?

Broadcasting from an undisclosed location.

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

Post Thanks / Like
    I drove an abarth today. It's an awesome car! Id buy one in a heart beat! If I had the room..

Post Thanks / Like
    Derek...LOL! Why don't you share with the class this one, "how many coats do you have on the car already?", LOL!

This is the only pic I have of the car, picked this little sweetie up on Valentine's Day too, easy to remember. I've been w/o a car I love for 4 yrs and I couldn't be happier! I've already had a guy in VW CC slammed get next to me and floor it, its going to be a looooong spring and summer....MUST...RESIST....URGE....TO....RACE!

The car has mild swilrs so it needs some work to make it right but that will come as soon as its about 50 outside as the underground garage should be atleast 60 then. I'm looking at trying GG machine polish #3 first, well after a Speedy Prep towel wipe that is. With the GG MP #3 I'll be using an orange GG foam pad, speed setting about 4.5 to start. I asked Derek his opinion about what LSP to finish with between Collinite #915 or DPPC. Now I love DPPC for sure but but because #915 is so awesome on black I had to think about it. I'll probably finsih it with DPPC and wait a couple weeks and top w/ #915.

Oh and BTW the first mod, WeatherTech's, nice having them in your backyard. Had the wife stop at the factory showroom and pick them up for me this morning while she was on her way to her side job.

Now I need to hurry up and wait to do a paint correction, too bad I have to use my GG6", thought it was pretty awesome to say that in 2.5 yrs and 46k on the CR-Z that I never had to use it on that car.

Oh and BTW, when I get home from work today I'm doing a rinseless wash, CG's Sticky Citrus on the wheels and Pinnacle Black Onyx on the tires. Also doing a good wipe down of the interior w/ Alien Kleen. The dealership did a horrible job washing the car, how hard can that be......guessing REALLY!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?-uploadfromtaptalk1392488640932-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Derek...LOL! Why don't you share with the class this one, "how many coats do you have on the car already?", LOL!

This is the only pic I have of the car, picked this little sweetie up on Valentine's Day too, easy to remember. I've been w/o a car I love for 4 yrs and I couldn't be happier! I've already had a guy in VW CC slammed get next to me and floor it, its going to be a looooong spring and summer....MUST...RESIST....URGE....TO....RACE!

The car has mild swilrs so it needs some work to make it right but that will come as soon as its about 50 outside as the underground garage should be atleast 60 then. I'm looking at trying GG machine polish #3 first, well after a Speedy Prep towel wipe that is. With the GG MP #3 I'll be using an orange GG foam pad, speed setting about 4.5 to start. I asked Derek his opinion about what LSP to finish with between Collinite #915 or DPPC. Now I love DPPC for sure but but because #915 is so awesome on black I had to think about it. I'll probably finsih it with DPPC and wait a couple weeks and top w/ #915.

Oh and BTW the first mod, WeatherTech's, nice having them in your backyard. Had the wife stop at the factory showroom and pick them up for me this morning while she was on her way to her side job.

Now I need to hurry up and wait to do a paint correction, too bad I have to use my GG6", thought it was pretty awesome to say that in 2.5 yrs and 46k on the CR-Z that I never had to use it on that car.

Oh and BTW, when I get home from work today I'm doing a rinseless wash, CG's Sticky Citrus on the wheels and Pinnacle Black Onyx on the tires. Also doing a good wipe down of the interior w/ Alien Kleen. The dealership did a horrible job washing the car, how hard can that be......guessing REALLY!

Congratulations! !
    Can't wait to see it in person!

Broadcasting from an undisclosed location.

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Wow congratulations! At least you love the car. Problem with me is i love money more than cars.

BTW it's time to change the signature!

Page 6 of 168 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast