autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 168 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Well I'm 44 years old and would never have my CR-Z looking like that, the color, yes but the stance, HELL NO! You can't drive something like that around here and I drive my car day in, day out, a true DD. Same with those "rubber band" tires stretched out, its all for looks, does me NO good at all. I just wonder how long this phase is going to last but to each their own. I will say though that I love the color, reminds me of the Polestar Volvo's, really like that....alot!

Hey Derek, just lookin' and the 12' is out of the picture due to it being 2 years old,well to the bank anyways.
    I dream about the V60 Polestar wagon at least once a day. I'd love to get that car when it comes out here.

Sorry the Abarth isn't going to work out. Who knows? This probably means you'll get something even more awesome later!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wait another year and get one of these!

https://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps...=119012&Ref=PH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Derek, just lookin' and the 12' is out of the picture due to it being 2 years old,well to the bank anyways.

Everything happens for a reason Roger. Be happy with what you have, get it paid off and then worry about having a hot hatch or a car with more power! You'll never get ahead rolling car after car into each other!

I must be the only guy that finds the GTI to be boring. Is it a nice car, yep, but if I am going to get a hot hatch, I want it to be more bonkers than sophisticated. I can think of many other cars I'd rather have in the GTI's price range and 200HP is not enough for me! Too each is own though.
    2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by derek0609 View Post
    Everything happens for a reason Roger. Be happy with what you have, get it paid off and then worry about having a hot hatch or a car with more power! You'll never get ahead rolling car after car into each other!
    Agree. I missed the upside down part when I read it earlier. Rolling from one to the other is never a good idea. Pay the car off, save up a little from not having payments, and then go shopping!

I must be the only guy that finds the GTI to be boring. Is it a nice car, yep, but if I am going to get a hot hatch, I want it to be more bonkers than sophisticated. I can think of many other cars I'd rather have in the GTI's price range and 200HP is not enough for me! Too each is own though.
    The GTI isn't as radical as some out there, but as a 40-year old father of two, a subdued car that's quick and fun to drive is exactly what I need. I have to drive the car to work every day on crappy roads and in the snow. The vehicle also has to be up to the challenge of doing moderate road trips in the region as well as haul the family around town. For me, a bonkers car just wouldn't work. If I could park "bonkers" in the garage and only bring it out once in a while for a quick back-road blast on good roads I'd be all for it.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like
    It appears I have more angels on my shoulder than I do devils now, LOL!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm 2.5 yrs into 6 yrs of payments on the CR-Z, so IF I were to get the Abarth I'd be basically adding that 2.5 yrs of payments, plus and extra $30.00 a month extra due to the neg equity. Practical or very happy walking out to the car everyday and firing it up, things to think about.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 2.5 yrs into 6 yrs of payments on the CR-Z, so IF I were to get the Abarth I'd be basically adding that 2.5 yrs of payments, plus and extra $30.00 a month extra due to the neg equity. Practical or very happy walking out to the car everyday and firing it up, things to think about.

Ehh i personally wouldn't do it, but as i said before..whatever makes you happy! If you actually keep the Fiat for 8 years and if you think it can be reliable until you pay it off then go for it. The Honda will for sure keep you maintenance free all those years.

On another note....Have you gotten the bosses approval on this???
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be financing the Fiat, if I decide to get it, for 6 years and I too hope its going to be reliable as well. I mean it comes with a good warranty but its always better to NOT have to use it.

As far as the wife goes, she's good with it.

This car is a demo, has 1800 miles on it and has weird options, NAV, power sunroof, automatic climate control, 17 wheels and wait for it....CLOTH SEATS! If I had my druthers I'd skip the NAV and power sunroof for sure and have leather seats, red but that's the thing when getting a car off of the lot I guess. It is black w/ red mirror caps and the Abarth racing stripe on the rocker panels though, plus those nice turbine wheels, that I like, just wish it had leather like the 12' they have, oh well.

Just don't know yet but like I said before, thanks for the input.

Post Thanks / Like

I would not buy a Fiat with your money. Keep the Honda or buy anything else.

Remember what Fiat stands for " Fix it again Tony"

Post Thanks / Like

How much negative equity are you estimated to have?

Page 5 of 168 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast