autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 168 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen that kit Random as I'm a member of the CR-Z forum but if I had the extra cash I'd put it down on my current car or put it down on the Abarth. As far as the Fiesta ST goes I like it too, a lot, especially with those Recaros but that car is too new to think about right now for sure.

I'm a firm neliever in the addage "everything happens for a living".

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

I just went through the whole hot hatch debate this fall and came out the other side with a GTI.

I looked briefly at the Abarth, and the Focus ST. I drove the ST and the GTI on the same day. I took a second look at the Abarth with my daughter at the local auto show and was shocked by the poor quality of the parts. While it looked good, poking and proding the interior revealed cheap feeling, hollow, hard plastic parts everywhere. I don't see anything on that car holding up for the long haul. I like the car and the idea behind it, I just couldn't go for the execution. My daughter is a semi-car gal, and she picked up on the same issues immediatly and walked away crushed as she had her heart set on that being the first car she would buy herself. Also consider that car a two-seater. The rear seats are decoration, and with them up the cargo space is almost nil.

On to the Focus ST and GTI. The ST is a power monster and puts it down well. It also handles very well. However, there were a host of little things that when added up, killed it for me. The ergonomics just were not quite right... the center console was a long reach and the shifter was too far over to the center. The interior as a whole, like other Focus' I've driven just felt a little cramped. To get the options I'd want, it required the package with the Recaro seats, yet I found them very uncomfortable. I have a long, broad torso (5'9" about 185), so the bolsters were too tight and the tilted head rest was never in the right place. I felt like I was constantly tilting my head forward and shrugging my shoulders while in the car. I also found the road and wind noise to be more than I wanted in a daily driver that makes road trips.

Climbing in the GTI everything felt perfect and everything was where it belonged. To me, everything I touched seemed a higher quality than the Ford, and light years ahead of the Fiat. I'll miss the 50hp the ST has over the GTI, but it has more than enough to put a smile on my face.

In all honesty, if I could have fit in the seats I could have forgiven many of Ford's shortfalls based on the price and there is a strong possibility, I'd be driving the Ford today.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like
    To save time and hassle I called the salesman I was told to see via a mutual friend and talked to him about the situation. I told him I was calling him to save us both time and he told me to then send him an email with detailed info on my car, I also included some pics. I'm pretty sure its not going to work out but I tried and this will be the last time I try and do something this, atleast I've got a reliable car that I've made more unique than others out there and one that has GREAT paint!

Just waiting for the call or the email to confirm it, thanks to everyone for their input, I appreciate it!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I took a second look at the Abarth with my daughter at the local auto show and was shocked by the poor quality of the parts. While it looked good, poking and proding the interior revealed cheap feeling, hollow, hard plastic parts everywhere. I don't see anything on that car holding up for the long haul. I like the car and the idea behind it, I just couldn't go for the execution.
    That's exactly what i thought when i test drove the Abarth. Absolutely horrible. It's worse than most american car interiors of 5-10 years ago. And if it's that bad, it's really bad!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoususer View Post
    That's exactly what i thought when i test drove the Abarth. Absolutely horrible. It's worse than most american car interiors of 5-10 years ago. And if it's that bad, it's really bad!
    Really? I had no issues with the Abarth's interior. It felt like a slightly upscale Chrysler which isn't necessarily a bad thing anymore. I loved the car, but I don't think I'd ever buy one.

The worst interior was probably a 2012 Corvette. When I started the car, it felt like the interior would rattle apart.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by randomevent View Post
    I tend to try and look at things financially... so I'm going to say that if you're already upside down on your CR-Z, then I would recommend NOT getting the Abarth. If it was me, it wouldn't be a choice between reliability and passion. It would be a choice of, what is financially feasible? I would never consider buying a new car if I was upside down on my current car.
    This! No more Lamborghini payments on a budget priced car!
    2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Abarth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Climbing in the GTI everything felt perfect and everything was where it belonged. To me, everything I touched seemed a higher quality than the Ford, and light years ahead of the Fiat. I'll miss the 50hp the ST has over the GTI, but it has more than enough to put a smile on my face.
    While I ended up with the Fiesta ST, the GTI will always be my favorite hatch. I agree with everything you're saying about it. The MkV and MkVI are what I consider to be the "mature" hot hatch. It's a very refined car at a very attractive price.

My wife also agrees; she has a MkVI GTI.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep the Honda CR-Z. Those are nice cars. With a little TLC you can look cleaner than any fiat ever could.

Had to post this picture of a CR-Z that stood out at a car show last year. Thing was literally perfect and my preference isn't Honda.

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5S Burgundy.

+1 Mobile Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kirkatizer View Post
    Keep the Honda CR-Z. Those are nice cars. With a little TLC you can look cleaner than any fiat ever could.

Had to post this picture of a CR-Z that stood out at a car show last year. Thing was literally perfect and my preference isn't Honda.

Well I'm 44 years old and would never have my CR-Z looking like that, the color, yes but the stance, HELL NO! You can't drive something like that around here and I drive my car day in, day out, a true DD. Same with those "rubber band" tires stretched out, its all for looks, does me NO good at all. I just wonder how long this phase is going to last but to each their own. I will say though that I love the color, reminds me of the Polestar Volvo's, really like that....alot!

Hey Derek, just lookin' and the 12' is out of the picture due to it being 2 years old,well to the bank anyways.

Page 4 of 168 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast