autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 168 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

I absolutely hate Honda, but I say keep it.

The Fiat 500 Abarth is a lot of fun to drive, but honestly the exhaust is so loud in the cabin that I wouldn't want it everyday and it completely failed this:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Df9HsixvBs]2013 Fiat 500 small overlap IIHS crash test - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
    Funny you say that..I am also not a fan of Honda, maybe because of what F&F did to the teenagers everywhere. I still get Civic SI boys wanting to race my 350hp Genesis..pointless.
    What i meant to write is, this is coming from a Kia/Hyundai owner and i've heard the "i hate Honda" from many Kia/Hyundai owners..Wonder why.. lol

As for Roger...new wife, new car!
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like
    First off guys, thanks for the input, it was hard to put my personal life out there but I went upside down into the CR-Z as well, something I shouldn't get used to for sure. I haven't heard about rust issues with the Fiats, so I need to look into that. As far as ergonomics go, well, not everything can be a 3 series, LOL!

Btw Genesis the Fiat 500's are indeed FWD, although the Abarth has a LSD. Now the Fiesta ST was brought up but I can't swing that car right now, plus there's dealer markups on them. The one I sat in at the Chicago Auto Show had a pair of AWESOME Recaro seats, VERY VERY SNUG and my 2 buddy's didn't like that but one buddy is a bigger guy and the other guy is more on the practical side let's say, I loved them! The price was over $25k too. I also see some of you guys posting up GTI, great car with a great interior, love the plad inserted seats for sure and the "golf ball" shiftknob but I've also heard about maintence costs on them too.

I'm goinng to just check into it tomorrow, for some a midlife crisis is a Corvette convertable or Stang, for me its an obnoxious sounding Italian hothatch, the loud exhaust is a plus for me!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

If you like it ,buy it,make yourself happy! There are never u haul trucks in a funeral!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisCoupe View Post
    Funny you say that..I am also not a fan of Honda, maybe because of what F&F did to the teenagers everywhere. I still get Civic SI boys wanting to race my 350hp Genesis..pointless.
    What i meant to write is, this is coming from a Kia/Hyundai owner and i've heard the "i hate Honda" from many Kia/Hyundai owners..Wonder why.. lol

As for Roger...new wife, new car!
    I've just never liked them, but I will say they newer ones have improved quite a lot in terms of refinement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

I also see some of you guys posting up GTI, great car with a great interior, love the plad inserted seats for sure and the "golf ball" shiftknob but I've also heard about maintence costs on them too.

The GTI isn't bad. The most expensive maintenance thing is the 40K DSG service, but since you'd be getting a manual that wouldn't apply to you. I work at a VW dealer (not in sales) and rarely Golfs and GTIs come in with issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    First off guys, thanks for the input, it was hard to put my personal life out there but I went upside down into the CR-Z as well, something I shouldn't get used to for sure. I haven't heard about rust issues with the Fiats, so I need to look into that. As far as ergonomics go, well, not everything can be a 3 series, LOL!

Btw Genesis the Fiat 500's are indeed FWD, although the Abarth has a LSD. Now the Fiesta ST was brought up but I can't swing that car right now, plus there's dealer markups on them. The one I sat in at the Chicago Auto Show had a pair of AWESOME Recaro seats, VERY VERY SNUG and my 2 buddy's didn't like that but one buddy is a bigger guy and the other guy is more on the practical side let's say, I loved them! The price was over $25k too. I also see some of you guys posting up GTI, great car with a great interior, love the plad inserted seats for sure and the "golf ball" shiftknob but I've also heard about maintence costs on them too.

I'm goinng to just check into it tomorrow, for some a midlife crisis is a Corvette convertable or Stang, for me its an obnoxious sounding Italian hothatch, the loud exhaust is a plus for me!

Do what makes you happy bud!

I went from a 2011 Genesis 2.0T base model to a 2013 Grand Touring fully loaded. I did owe about 2k on my base however at the time of the trade in so i didn't take such a hit. I fell in love with the 2013 and got it within 2 days of looking at it.

Keep us updated!
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

Jeremy and The Stig drive a Fiat 500 Abarth (series 12, episode 2) - BBC Top Gear

I'm sure most of you here has seen Top Gear but here's the episode for the Abarth, actually its the Esse Esse model but its what we get here, the hottest version of the car, for a change.

The crash test vid is bad and its always best to have a safe car for sure, if I do get it I will be very careful for sure.

Now if this doesn't work out I'll be waiting another year and looking at the Fiesta ST on the used car market, heard the car is more "edgy" than the Focus ST is and speaking of those, been hearing some "engine issues" with them but I drove one of those and my God is that a nice ride, love the Recaros and it feels as quick as the MS3 for sure.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post

The Fiat 500 Abarth is a lot of fun to drive, but honestly the exhaust is so loud in the cabin that I wouldn't want it everyday and it completely failed this:
    2013 Fiat 500 small overlap IIHS crash test - YouTube
    I don't know which is worse, the Fiat or a Prius in the quarter crash test. I prefer not to have a car part for a suppository.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBDinFL View Post
    I don't know which is worse, the Fiat or a Prius in the quarter crash test. I prefer not to have a car part for a suppository.
    Actually, Prii built after November 2013 now get an Acceptable rating.

Page 2 of 168 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast