autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Suggestions on what to buy your significant other

Hello everyone

What are you guys buying your other half? Wife, Girlfriend, etc...

She told me, "you're all I want or need..." But I am thinking that might be a trick lol. You seasoned veterans might know what I am talking about

Well maybe you guys can help me out with some ideas or other members that might need some help.

Thanks,

Stay friendly, my friends

Art

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestions on what to buy your significant other

Funny you say that, when my wife and I were just dating I asked her what she wanted for christmas and she kept saying nothing...nothing....nothing no matter how many times I asked or proded. Welp, I finally got irritated by it and got her nothing!!!! Nearly 11 years later and 2 beautiful kids and she still reminds me of how bad I failed that year haha BUT she has never told me nothing again when she REALLY wanted something. ( Of course I went and got her something after the dust settled! )
    2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    "Every expert was once a beginner"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    She told me, "you're all I want or need..." But I am thinking that might be a trick lol.

6 months ago I would have tended to think like you, however my wife and I were given devastating news June 19th. She was diagnosed with stage 3b Colorectal Cancer. It has been an awful 6 months for her (and us). I'm not sure of what the outcome will be, and without getting into too much detail, i now cherish everyday with her. We have been together 20+ years, and i never imagined i had more love to give. I was wrong. So, to answer your question, and to provide advice to all others reading this, tell your significant other TONIGHT, and everyday, how special they are to you, and what they mean. Her cancer was found during a routine colonoscopy, so if you, or your other half are over 40, get one done...forget the 50yr mark, get it done now, lie to your Dr if you have to and mention blood in the stool...just get one. There was no family history, and it was her routine 50yr exam. This year, we are obviously taking it easy, and are planning a massive party in the spring when her treatments are concluded. Its day to day with us right now, so planning ahead is something we used to do...now, its one day at a time. As far as Christmas gifts...a towel warmer was one of the best things I ever got her, believe it or not. Soda Stream machine, is also something we use on a regular basis. Jewerly, eating out, weekend get-a-ways, flowers, chocolate, yada, yada, yada. That is what we used to do, now get gifts that you can both enjoy, or the family can enjoy. Then again, there is always the bowing ball, or vacuum! What ever you decide, just let her know you appreciate her, but, from the sound of it, you already do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    Hello everyone

What are you guys buying your other half? Wife, Girlfriend, etc...

She told me, "you're all I want or need..." But I am thinking that might be a trick lol. You seasoned veterans might know what I am talking about

Well maybe you guys can help me out with some ideas or other members that might need some help.

Thanks,

Stay friendly, my friends

Art

Yeah it's trick. LOL

Kinda like when a woman says everything is fine... (That's a lie)

If you really pay attention you can for the most part tell what things she likes or doesn't like.

The key is to buy her something she can use and that's for her personally.

Remember women never say what they really mean, men are supposed to be mind readers.... Remember that....

Post Thanks / Like
    Rupes Mini.

Post Thanks / Like

take her to the mall, her mind will soon change...

Post Thanks / Like
    Master Blaster. She can use it to dry her hair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Rupes Mini.
    Lol

Really, it's not a trick. It's just how women operate. I've been married 26 years. Like one of the others mentioned, just get her something personal that she can use. And by personal, I don't mean a crock pot or pots and pans. Something just for her.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

x2 with visitor! I got my wife a purse, shoes, jewelry the usual. she really doesnt like to buy anything for her, we usually buy everything for our 2 daughters but i tend to spoil her time to time. x2 with mind readers, and also something that comes from the heart, that is something they always love. that special moment.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife is getting new shutters on the house along with a cover for the AC unit. She gets whatever she wants throughout the year. I learned a long time ago it's best to let her pick out her own "stuff".

A few years ago all the grown ups in my family "called it even". I believe that was an excellent decision.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast