autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: { Pet Peeve's } Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by buddhadog View Post
    Customers who dont take the crap out of their car! Sure I expect a few things but when the whole vehicle is packed with stuff it really annoys me .

Customers who tell you their car is really clean and it turns out to be a filthy nighmare!

Tar splattered cars and cars that have run over a gallon of paint.

Kid crap and goo!

Filthy dog hair vehicles that smell really bad!

Im right there with you. My number one is when I do mobile detailing and the person says "Ok there is the hose on the side of the house you should be good to go". Then I find out that the car is locked and the sunroof is open etc... When I go to knock/ring door bell for the keys they are nowhere to be found, for a long time. Or when I need the keys to roll the windows up and down to get the edges, they are nowhere to be seen.

Also have a lot of customers saying "The car is only a few years old, should be easy". Or "It's been detailed before so it shouldn't be bad". One of them had fallout so bad it took me 3 hours to clay.(wish I had Ironx at the time) The other had calcium from well water and it was a black vehicle turned white.

I also get a lot of sticky candy in the cupholders and map pockets gross!

Post Thanks / Like

LOL these are some good Pet Peeves.

I too have pretty much the same Pet Peeves.

Everyone I know, knows not to touch, lean or put anything on my car. If they are a newbie and don't know and "attempt" to do any of the following I will tackle them to the ground prior to doing so.

When I'm detailing however, there is plenty of things I hate.

I hate when the hose gets caught on my tires or gets a kink.

Over spray, whether its from doing my tires and hitting the fender or spray wax on a panel hitting my windows, its annoying.

I used to hate when I would take my car out for a drive for a little bit and get brake dust on my wheels Butttt thanks to DP wheel glaze it helps reduce it a lot.

Dropping clay or a microfiber sucks horribly. Makes me want to myself lol.

The thing that ticks me off the most is ! I hate Birds with a passion.

Post Thanks / Like

Detailing a poorly built car. (badge lettering coming off, water in headlights/taillights, cheap interior plastics falling apart)

Stupid questions and looks from passersby. (My neighbors finally appreciate my madness. Well, most do.)

Finding imperfections such as door dings that you wouldn't have found if the car was dirty.

The weird feeling on my hands from all the various products if I forget to wear gloves.
    1999 Toyota Avalon XLS - Diamond White Pearl

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Oh! I have another one!

This one drives me insanse. Partialy my fault though SOMETIMES.

I wash my car top to bottom on panel or group at a time. I always do the roof first.

After I wash the roof I rinse and dry it. Perfect. I then either do the doors or hood. And some how inevitably water will hit the door or hood harder than I intended and will splash droplets onto the roof. Ahhhhhhh it drives me nuts when that happens.
    Jacob

Post Thanks / Like

Sticky stuff on the interior.
    Now that I only do my own those little round yellow spots on the paint that never come off first try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I don't know if it's the time of year or what but the past month or so I have been finding a ton of glitter in my customers cars an once you think u have it all you move an the light hits it right and there's more. Then if it's on some interior plastic it's like trying to remove cement. APC, compressed air, vacuum, nothing seems to remove the stuff. Lol my biggest hassle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timaishu View Post

Another thing that aggrivates me are people to touch my cars paint or attempt to set something on the roof or trunk. Or some one who is like, "Whats that on your roof?" and then proceeds to wipe their hand on it to get rid of the dust. OMG! Everytime it scratches.

Speaking of which my wife used to park near the dumpster at work. Yesterday she found out where these mystery scratches came from. They cover almost the entire roof.

One of the workers was putting boxes on her car so they could open the dumpster lid. The ignorance/rudeness of some people never ceases to amaze me. Needless to say she doesn't park there anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Educated, well to do ppl that still wipe boogers on their seat
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

I hate dropping my microfiber when wiping polish off. Then you have to go get a whole new one.

Post Thanks / Like

Customers who miss app'ts that can't be billed due to them being the largest income producer, huge tipper, and major referrer for non-detailing income.

Texting and phone calls ignored. I was on the property until 11 pm, just need to do final inspection, clean up, and gather my tools.

I can't even rant about it except for here.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast