autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need advise

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Need advise

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and need some advise. I've just purchased a Cadillac 2006 SRX. Car came with ResistAll Sealant coating applied by dealership with 5 year warranty against fading, bird droppings, tree sap etc. Dealership tells me to put a good coat of Carnuba wax every 2 months. I'm looking for advise on what to use because I see all these great cars on this forum and I want my car to look just as great. But at the same time I don't want to mess with or use something that will compromise the dealer sealant.
    Any help or advise I could get would really be appreciated.
    Thanks Gary26

Post Thanks / Like
    1st off what color is the vehicle?
    For sealants you have WG DGPS, DP Surface Shield, Menzerna Sealant, Etc
    For Carnuba's I highly recommend Pinnicle Souveran, also PB's Natty's, XMT, etc.
    Different products will enhance different colors.

Post Thanks / Like

need advise

Thanks for replying Mike T

Car has White Diamond paint job

Gary26

Post Thanks / Like
    Pinnacle Souveran would look awesome on white diamond paint I believe. The stuff isn't cheap, but it's high quality. I have been trying to figure out exactly what the factory seal is, and from what I have read it's not all thats it's cracked up to be by the dealer. I believe you will want to seal the car again yourself. On a paint that color you would probably do some Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and then top that after it sits for like 12 hours with some Pinnacle Souveran. That would look reall nice. Also, is the paint perfect? Does it have any swirls or anything? You might want to do a polish on it, then it will be ultra nice!@

Post Thanks / Like
    and there's so many different kinds of seals. I really am not positive what's the best for you, but I have heard Wolfgang looks good on white cars. But I am sure there's others with different opinions and who are more knowledgable about this stuff than me. I am not a pro, so don't take what I say as the bible. I am just some nobody on the internet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Thanks Gnarboots11
    I really appreciate the feed back. Looks like there's many great products advertised here on Auto Geek. I can't wait to start experimenting.
    Thanks Again Gary26

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats what it's all about, Experimenting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pinnacle Liquid Souveran looks great on white. Poorboy's Nattys Blue also looks very nice. I would not worry too much about the dealer's sealant. It's not going to last 5 years no matter what their guarantee is or how much you paid for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Gary Sword,
    Your probably right about the sealant not lasting 5 years. I bought the car new at a steal because other purchaser's deal fell thru. The poor guy paid $1,000.00 for this sealant. The point is they gave me this really nice kit to refresh the ResistAll Sealant and it's just a bottle of liquid wax. Car does shine I must admitt but it's nothing special like the cars on this site.
    Thanks again everyone for the great replies.
    Gary26

Post Thanks / Like

As offered before the paint sealant they offered is dung. To get some serious reflection and some metallic flake out of that color (it also comes with a pearled clearcoat) I highly suggest some polishing w/ Menzerna Nano-polish and then coating with paint sealant. This was Duragloss, but had similar results with Four Star and Wolfgang.

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast