autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Open mouth insert foot!

A client that has been very loyal for months has also brought me her Jeep, her husband's truck and her son's CTS as clients and then she sent her neighbor with a Corvette! How lucky could I be. And I thank Facebook for this client!

She mentioned she had one more vehicle that needed detailing and as gracious as I am for all her support I let her know that I would knock off half the price to do it. I figure it wouldnt be bad. She brings me a dirty H2, LOL.

Sorry for the bad quality!

And after soaking it twice and claying, this is the condition of the entire beast!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Open mouth insert foot!

Just did one yesterday. Paint was hard as a rock. It was a lighter beige and I was able to get away with M101 on a microfiber for the bad spots and FG400 on the rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Think positive lol
    2010 Honda Civic LX-S Crystal Black Pearl

Post Thanks / Like

My plan of attack is to use some M100 or 95 and tie it up nicely with some Menzerna FF3000. Got it clayed and stopped for the night.

How well does M101 work? I feel M105 works better than 100 and 95 but I just hate how it dries up super fast.

Post Thanks / Like

I used m101 on a camaro earlier this week and it finished almost lsp ready. A quick follow up with 205 and it cleared right up. 101 on a mf pad cuts crazy quick, even quicker than FG400. Just doesnt finish off quite as well. Working time was alright, I got 4 passes out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep hearing about the new FG400 and I think its time to put some of this on order. Thanks for the input Mastercraft241

Post Thanks / Like

Just as food for thought to dwell on a little bit... I don't ever offer sales above maybe 15% for loyal repeat customers who I like and are normal and fair to me.

You know your business best and have to do what makes sense... but in the realm of professional detailing - dollars and cents sincerely are at the BACK of a customer's mind who is a discerning individual that is in search of QUALITY. Everyone else who is solely shopping on "price point" is a headache to deal with, and will expect and demand MORE than the client paying 100% of your service prices.

I've seen it again and again, and over the years, its unfortunate to have learned through error and mistakes with customers, but now it's awesome to be able to pick up on who will be a nightmare and who will be a thankful and gracious client who RESPECTS your time and talent.

Far too many people think we're 17 year olds with dad's sponge and dish-soap trying to raise $5 for an extra few milks are school for lunch. So, diluting what we all do, the INTENSE labor, expensive chemicals, tools, and SKILL acquired over years of dedicated research and application... is a terrible trait and image to portray.

Just my insight after more than a decade of detailing. I'm also a business owner, so in my relationships with clients, I've also learned to be firm and fair, and it has greatly assisted in my business practices with detailing.
    "Don't Drive Dull!"
    Carsmetic Rehabilitation Detailologist: Aesthetic Actualization

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic_Detailing View Post
    Just as food for thought to dwell on a little bit... I don't ever offer sales above maybe 15% for loyal repeat customers who I like and are normal and fair to me.

You know your business best and have to do what makes sense... but in the realm of professional detailing - dollars and cents sincerely are at the BACK of a customer's mind who is a discerning individual that is in search of QUALITY. Everyone else who is solely shopping on "price point" is a headache to deal with, and will expect and demand MORE than the client paying 100% of your service prices.

I've seen it again and again, and over the years, its unfortunate to have learned through error and mistakes with customers, but now it's awesome to be able to pick up on who will be a nightmare and who will be a thankful and gracious client who RESPECTS your time and talent.

Far too many people think we're 17 year olds with dad's sponge and dish-soap trying to raise $5 for an extra few milks are school for lunch. So, diluting what we all do, the INTENSE labor, expensive chemicals, tools, and SKILL acquired over years of dedicated research and application... is a terrible trait and image to portray.

Just my insight after more than a decade of detailing. I'm also a business owner, so in my relationships with clients, I've also learned to be firm and fair, and it has greatly assisted in my business practices with detailing.
    Great post. You've been on fire lately .