autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike is an inspiration to all! Thanks Mike!!

Hey lets keep it family friendly...

It's okay that Mindflux asked the question... I need to polish it as I've been spraying wheel cleaners around it lately and not it has some dull spots, after I'm done if you want I'll post a picture of it because it's actually pretty cool.

I wear shorts year around so I meet just about anyone and everyone that either has or is related to someone that has an artificial leg. I meet a lot of ex-military personnel that usually know someone that lost a limb in war.

I get asked a lot of questions and always do my best to answer them and always give the person my cell phone number in case they or their friend has any questions about this type of transition.

I also like to do my best to inspire people that don't think they could detail a car, because if I can do it... you can do it too... it's just a matter of steps, that is tackling a detailing project step-by-step.

At Meguiar's the dress code is business attire and that's the professional approach, so I always wore pants in my classes. Here at Autogeek we're a lot more casual so I can wear shorts at the classes, which is a lot more comfortable so I'm very thankful for that.

Because I know discussion forums are like the ocean, that is the tide comes in and the tide goes out, or new members/lurkers visit and then leave, and as such some might not know how I lost my leg so here's how it happened... and don't be surprised as I am a "Car Guy" and a "Boat Guy" too, I just took it to extremes... I was ran over by my own boat... the prop got me...

Next month Max and I are going to San Antonio, Texas to do some work with Operation Comfort which is the charity that Autogeek and I'm proud to say Autogeek's customers and forum members also support.

One thing for sure... don't take what you have for granted and be thankful for what you have...

I have always wondered about the way this happened? Thought it might have been military but the boat racing accident makes me admire you even more. I had a Best Friend pass in a Car Racing accident in East Los Angeles when we were kids(16yr ago).

I was in the car and decided to get out for unnamed reasons and someone else got in my seat and the story goes,..i could have been him in that car. God had other plans for me. Now, he has me detailing cars.

So I give u praise Mike for being a man and telling your story. I think your like the TERMINATOR of cars!

Thanks for the Truth and honor.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mike is an inspiration to all! Thanks Mike!!

Mike is a great guy and a huge asset to the detailing world for sure. He is always very help full and a true inspiration to use all. I hope someday I'll have the chance to meet him in person .

Thanks
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    Mike is a great guy and a huge asset to the detailing world for sure. He is always very help full and a true inspiration to use all. I hope someday I'll have the chance to meet him in person .

Thanks
    Mike
    I second that emotion!!

I've taken a minute to PM Mike and share with him how he has inspired me in many ways. I too hope to someday make the trip down to Sunny Stewart Florida to buff a car and or just chat a little with a guy who didn't even know how much he helped change my life until I told him about it years later.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Mike will be in Vegas and I can meet him at SEMA!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I luckily have all my limbs, but have gone through my brain surgeries, I even have metal on my wrist. Have surgery on my throat, stomach and back.

I ordered my order on AG, then after talking to them through the phone, they suggested to join AGO. I had no idea this place existed. I am very glad I found this place.

I then saw AG videos, then saw Mike with his leg sometime later. That inspired me to think to myself, (if he can do it, then so can I)

I just recently got to meet other members in person, I wasn't able to work as fast as others (had to sit a lot )

But had a great time, I now want to go the Meguiars Classes and 3D classes. To further keep learning.

(I had no idea after polishing paint, you could do a WW to wipe off all the residue and apply glazes and waxes) that's what they did and was exciting to see, my body is still sore from this Sat.

I would go to AG, but I am in CA, but maybe sometime in the future.