autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Trying out 2 new products tomorrow...

I'm excited, lol. I'll be using Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner on my gf's wheels tomorrow and I'll also be getting my gallon of Meg's D156 (recommended to me from here). Some of you may know about my ordeal with CG V7 possibly conflicting with the MPL I have on my paint. The D156 is basically Ultimate Quick Wax from Meguiar's consumer line. I've never used it, but I used Ultimate Quick Detailer after a few washes on my previous vehicle and the slickness of the paint was great and the water beading was freakin' ridiculous, so I can only imagine the D156 (UQW) will be just as good, if not better. I'll be using it as a drying aid and to top the MPL. I'm most excited about the Adam's DWC, though. Although, I'm not thrilled about their new lug brush that came with the DWC. The glue that's holding the boar's hair is starting to separate and I've used it a total of 2 or 3 times. The brush was kept in soapy water during the times it was used only. I have an AMMONYC lug brush with a wooden handle, slightly smaller, but so far is holding up like a champ. Hell, at $24, it better hold up, lol. So the Adam's brush is $20, but doesn't appear to be holding up well at all. If the DWC fails me for some reason, I'll definitely be returning that combo deal.

I'll update this thread tomorrow. I've GOT to get pics of the DWC in action. I have 2 cameras I can use, one is old and just won't cooperate, the other is much newer and won't cooperate, lol. I'll try my best to get some pics of the DWC in action.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trying out 2 new products tomorrow...

156 is great. I alternate between that and UWW while drying. 156/uqw is easily the product I use and buy the most. Great on trim as well. Report back!

Post Thanks / Like

I just got my gallon of d156 in yesterday and I can not wait to try it out. I have used the OTC version, aka UQW, so I am expecting D156 to be nearly the same.

The only thing I miss is the smell. I opened the d156 and it didn't have the same fruity smell as UQW. Oh well, can't win them all =D

Post Thanks / Like

D156 is off the charts. Maybe they will come out with a concentrated form of it at some point in order to be able to make a few gallons of it.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    DWC is nice. The price went back up to 30 a bottle and around 80 a gallon. I tried to do a comparison between Adams and Brake Dust Professional sold at dipyourcar. I'd say both are comparable. It's a shame BDP isn't sold in gallons yet because it takes the win for price. Adams wins for ease of use since its colored when you spray it on and you can see where it's applied. I was thinking of adding some dye to BDP just for the heck of it. Good luck with your products!!

Post Thanks / Like

You'll like the DWC. If the brush is falling apart, they'll replace it, but some loose fibers will be in every new brush.

Post Thanks / Like

The high regard that the forum has for D156 xpress spry wax led me to get the gallon and a Meg's sprayer as well. I saw it on sale on another site 2 weeks go, the site was having a 20% off all wax sale so I jumped. I use it on my sliver 4 runner and it is a great product.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

The DWC worked pretty well on my gf's wheels, but her front wheels were so damn nasty, I had to really scrub the wheels and I even applied a second round of DWC to knock the rest of the crud off.

I'm thinking about emailing Adam's Polishes about the lug brush because the glue itself is coming apart from inside the brush. It appears to be a strong brush, but it's not holding up to soaking in water for very long at all.

The D156 is on its way to my place now and I hope to use it later. It's really hot in Florida today. I just really hope it doesn't interact with the MPL that's on my paint. If I'm remembering correctly, my last car had MPL on the paint and I used UQD after the wash and the paint would bead water even more insanely, lol.

I'll report sooner or later on the D156.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used D156 on Collinite and DG LSPs with absolutely zero issues. I do like Meg's products because they seem to "play nice" with other lines. I am confident 156 will fit the bill.

Post Thanks / Like

Used d156 for the first time yesterday and it was pretty, actually very easy to apply and remove.

My only question for those who have experience with this product are:

1. What spray bottle is recommended
    2. Method of application? Spray directly on paint or MF towel or both?

I notice the product or at least my sprayer (generic target brand) put the product on the car very "watery". That is, not a fine mist that sticks to the paint like OCW, but more like spraying ONR clay lube or something like that.

I would rather not waste product so I would like to know what is the best way to go about applying this awesome wax.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast