autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought too much!

In the five years or so since I got back into detailing I have acquired enough supplies to last me two lifetimes. I'm really a fish when it comes to sales and BOGO. I'm at my worst during the winter months up here in Michigan when all I can do is dream about spring detailing and of course I'll need the latest and greatest when the weather breaks. In the back of my head I know that I have whittled down my list of things that I actually use but I still order more.

So what to do with the unused and never to be used pads, polishes, etc. I thought I found a solution last year when a member posted that he was going to start a class at a local high school on detailing and was looking for donations of detailing supplies, but that never got off the ground. I even offered up some of my stuff to a local, mildly famous, detailer but he wasn't interested.

I'm not looking to sell or trade, just hoping to find a home for some of this stuff where it is needed and will be used. I'm not looking for a "send it all to me" response, would rather donate to needy cause or causes. Any ideas?

Oh, the fact that I am moving in the next few months plays heavily into my problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I bought too much!

I have this same problem...I was doing really good until the free shipping yesterday with no code...anyway, the good news for me is on Sunday I whipped out an old bottle of polish to help out a friend who got some road rash...and it was almost too dried up to use! I fell back on some newer stuff and the thought ran through my head "I should just throw this stuff from 2004 out..." At least that's a start, lol...sorry it doesn't help you any.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok it with AG first, but have you ever thought about running a series of contests and giving them out as prizes? I'm new to detailing for the 21st century. When I was a teenager I had some mentally scaring episodes with turtle wax and armor all mixed with my gravel driveway. This caused me to switch to the swirl-o-matic which as an adult promoted the clear coat failure of my old black civic. Now I'm back and finding much enjoyment in detailing, but the cost keeps me from trying all the different products that I'd like. Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking for 5.5 LC foam pads,also looking for iron X and some good sealant. I'm just starting out and slowly building up my arsenal for when it gets warm.Please message me price and shipping, I would be more than happy to pay shipping charges. You guys and this forum are amazing btw. So generous.

Post Thanks / Like

Offer closed. I've found the recipiant.

Thanks for your replies.

If you sent a PM, thanks.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Same as Bigds I'm building an arsenal make a list and see what I can use I will be glad to help take some products off your hands.
    Ross

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_RN View Post
    Ok it with AG first, but have you ever thought about running a series of contests and giving them out as prizes? I'm new to detailing for the 21st century. When I was a teenager I had some mentally scaring episodes with turtle wax and armor all mixed with my gravel driveway. This caused me to switch to the swirl-o-matic which as an adult promoted the clear coat failure of my old black civic. Now I'm back and finding much enjoyment in detailing, but the cost keeps me from trying all the different products that I'd like. Just a thought.
    I thought of that, but the more I thought about it it seemed like a lot of work which is not what I was looking for. I wanted an easy way to do this and I found it.