autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Cyclo Polisher

Post Thanks / Like

Cyclo Polisher

I currently own a PC 7424 been working with it for about 1 year now i am thinking of an upgraded polisher for primary use and my old PC for secondary use. I just want to know if the cyclo is what is best for me. Is this machine have spped control, does it use the same method as the PC as clear cote safe, is it hard to use, isit worth the money. Please answer any questions u find important about this machine. i really want the whole scoop on this polisher. thank you so much. i cant wait to see if this is fr me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just purchased the Cyclo, I have a PC and a rotary. A friend of mine wants the PC so I'll sell it to him. Now the Cyclo is a wicked machine, I just received it and I haven't used it just yet. I got a car to do tomorrow so I'll use it tomorrow. The main reason why I wanted the Cyclo is because I didn't like the vibration of the PC, my rotary (Metabo) is just wicked. But I have a long way to go and lots to learn with the rotary. The way I see it once I master the rotary I will use the Cyclo on special vehicles, the Cyclo is one heavy-duty machine and works really good. I saw a friend of mine using one and it is faster then the PC and gives great result

My feeling towars the Cyclo is that you can't go wrong with purchasing the Cyclo. Since I havenen't used it I cant say for sure but one of the down fauls with it is the size. Just picture doig a bumper, you would have to make sure your not hitting/scratching anything like the lights or other parts of the vehicle. So you will have to concentrate on your soroundings...well gain that's just what I think.

Hope this helps, keep in mind this is only my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica
    I just purchased the Cyclo, I have a PC and a rotary. A friend of mine wants the PC so I'll sell it to him. Now the Cyclo is a wicked machine, I just received it and I haven't used it just yet. I got a car to do tomorrow so I'll use it tomorrow. The main reason why I wanted the Cyclo is because I didn't like the vibration of the PC, my rotary (Metabo) is just wicked. But I have a long way to go and lots to learn with the rotary. The way I see it once I master the rotary I will use the Cyclo on special vehicles, the Cyclo is one heavy-duty machine and works really good. I saw a friend of mine using one and it is faster then the PC and gives great result

My feeling towars the Cyclo is that you can't go wrong with purchasing the Cyclo. Since I havenen't used it I cant say for sure but one of the down fauls with it is the size. Just picture doig a bumper, you would have to make sure your not hitting/scratching anything like the lights or other parts of the vehicle. So you will have to concentrate on your soroundings...well gain that's just what I think.

Hope this helps, keep in mind this is only my opinion.
    Nica, I thought you were detailing cars with your new Cyclo this weekend. What are you doing on the forum? You better get to work so you can give some real feedback on it. We don't want to hear about tomorrow!
    Last edited by Gary Sword; 04-21-2007 at 05:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I am going to hold off on Cyclo now that the Ultimate Detailing Machine is about to be released.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    aww com on the ultimate detailing machine over the cyclo it hasnt even came out and i could already tell you which ones better and i havnt used either one LOL j/k so does the cyclo have speed control. and is it similar to the pc wont burn paint or is this one that will if not used correctly.

Post Thanks / Like
    The cyclo only has one speed, I have only played with one, but it isn't as quite as people say. I'd say it sound like the PC on maybe speed 3 or 4 ish. Vibration wise I think there is less, I think the machine runs a little smoother than the PC. I have no idea how the cyclo can take of more defect than a PC but thats what a lot of people have been saying. IIRC the machine has less power and it only turns at 3000 OMP.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Cyclo has two speeds actually, on & off. Sorry, couldn't resist. It is a little bit heavier but almost no vibration at all. Centering the pads is easy, and certainly bulletproof with the edge system, which I do not have. It is considerably stronger than the PC and will take a LOT of pressure before it begins to bog even a little. As a rule heavy pressure is not needed except on a trouble spot here or there. For me it allows working larger areas and doing them faster. Operating on a horizontal surface using one hand is just as easy as with the PC. Vertical surfaces require both hands unlike the PC.

There will always be areas where the PC simply works better such as beneath mirrors, front & rear bumpers, and other areas where the Cyclo just won't fit. To me they are both noisey machines but neither is objectionable to my ears. The Cyclo sounds like a workhorse and the PC sounds like it's coming apart, two distinctly different sounds but both do the job. I'm glad I have both machines but would choose the Cyclo if I could only have one.

As far as the new machine about to make its debut..... I have great hopes.
    Last edited by RTexasF; 04-22-2007 at 08:57 AM.
    Rick....now in North Texas