autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Auto Detail Suppliers (retail) in TX

My wife and I recently made a trip from Arlington, TX (our home) to Fredericksburg, TX for a much needed vacation. Whenever we passed a town or city (and believe me, there were a lot!), I had my eyes peeled for any auto detailing supply shop. Needless to say I found none, other than the usual Autozone, O'Reily's, Pep Boys, Advance Auto, etc.

I know that there are a ton of Texans here on these forums, so if anyone knows of any quality dealers in the N. TX area, can you name them? I did a google and yahoo search and nothing of note popped up.

-Ross
    It never fails. Whenever anything hits the windshield, it's always on the driver's side....and at eye level!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in Arlington also and I can't think of any other than ShowroomFX (formally Tropicare) and body shop supply places. Steve is a great guy to deal with but he is in north Dallas so it's not that close to us. He carries LC pads if your ever in a pinch. The only other places I can think of would be body shop supply places. I think there is one on Cooper just south of Arkansas. There's English Color in Duncanville and they have been helpful to me in the past when I needed paint mixed.

I mainly order stuff on line but I bet Scottwax would know of other places in our area.
    Last edited by Twister; 07-18-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Auto Detail Suppliers (retail) in TX

+1 for English Color.

They have several locations in the area.

Post Thanks / Like

I live 40 miles north of Tyler and as far as I know there is only one pro detailer shop between Shreveport, LA and Dallas and he is in Longview. I don't know about Arlington but out here in East Texas there is no reason to detail as 75% of all vehicles are 15 year old (or older) pick-up trucks. I'm an exception in that although I do own the madatory East Texas pick-up, I also own a two month old Mercedes ML350. If it were not for my detail "hobby" the Mercedes would go dirty too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Although its not close to any of you guys i did find one place in Houston that sells some very limited products (emphasis on limited). Other than that I cant find anything in south texas either

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you missed a few places in Dallas.

Wash Solutions in Dallas off 35/N.W HWY carries TONS of Meguiars and a few other brands. I usually deal with Barry up there and he is a great guy to deal with. They have another worker there that i've had a few words with and they weren't pleasant. I've spent Thousands of dollars with them in the past and the one time I was in a pinch and needed one small item, he acted like I was inconveniencing his day. But again, if you do go up there, Barry is your man!

Other than that, ShowRoomFX is another location as mentioned above but Steve is slowly phasing out the products he carries and is focusing more on detailing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DRT BRD View Post
    Steve is slowly phasing out the products he carries and is focusing more on detailing.
    I knew he was going to focus on detailing more but it's been a while since I've talked to him (at least a year).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    I knew he was going to focus on detailing more but it's been a while since I've talked to him (at least a year).
    Yeah he has been on the fence for a while but I think he is now seeing how much can be made when truly focusing on the task at hand. We usually speak pretty frequently and I recently turned him on to M101. It's like taking a bone away from a dog now. LOL
    Brian's Custom Detailing
    Where detail matters
    www.BriansCustomDetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    He's a good detailer. When I use to do AutoRama he always did at least one car there and they always looked great. He was pretty creative in some of the products he would use. I need to give him a call and stop by one day

Post Thanks / Like

North Texan here as well. Are there any good car shows in the area where any detail places set up booths? What about flea markets?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast