autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My rant for the day

Well earlier today sucked. I was all set up to do a bmw M3. I was contacted by the owners father to detail his son's car. I drove 18.49 miles one way to do this. I met him out in the parking lot. At least 80 feet from any other vehicle, in the parking lot. I started on the interior, vacummed the passenger side and passenger back seat. A maintenance guy drives up, gets out and say's. Are you detailing this car( I reframed from saying something smart) I said yes sir I am. He said you gave you permission, I said the owner of the car. He said, well you need permission from the management company to do this. Not the tenants, he asked if this was the only one I said yes. Then said some BS stuff( like way out there stuff)
    Got on his phone, called his boss(management) asked for my card. Said she wants her car done. He leaves, all is good I thought. 5 min late the owner of the car comes out and say's. They say you have to stop, I'm like thats BS big time. So we are trying to make it happen for saturday, I hope. Since his dad paid my like 3 weeks ago for it. Then I drove back 18.49 miles, a total of 36.98 miles wasted. Dropped of the trailer and went to my second bmw for the day.

Has anything like this happen to you before.
    Ed

Moderator/Consultant for Autogeek.net

To achieve excellence, excellence cannot be rushed. Technique is just as important as the product used.
    While my approach takes more time, the results are far superior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HighEndDetail
    Well earlier today sucked. I was all set up to do a bmw M3. I was contacted by the owners father to detail his son's car. I drove 18.49 miles one way to do this. I met him out in the parking lot. At least 80 feet from any other vehicle, in the parking lot. I started on the interior, vacummed the passenger side and passenger back seat. A maintenance guy drives up, gets out and say's. Are you detailing this car( I reframed from saying something smart) I said yes sir I am. He said you gave you permission, I said the owner of the car. He said, well you need permission from the management company to do this. Not the tenants, he asked if this was the only one I said yes. Then said some BS stuff( like way out there stuff)
    Got on his phone, called his boss(management) asked for my card. Said she wants her car done. He leaves, all is good I thought. 5 min late the owner of the car comes out and say's. They say you have to stop, I'm like thats BS big time. So we are trying to make it happen for saturday, I hope. Since his dad paid my like 3 weeks ago for it. Then I drove back 18.49 miles, a total of 36.98 miles wasted. Dropped of the trailer and went to my second bmw for the day.

Has anything like this happen to you before.

Sorry that your day sucked..... At first i thought maybe that guy who approached you wanted a few bucks to look the other way...but i see it was deeper than that..... Good luck for saturday.....

Post Thanks / Like
    So what exactly was the problem, something to do with the place you were detailing at? Or was it that there was no consent from the true owner?

Sounds like it wasn’t much fun driving back buddy, but look in the bright side you got another vehicle to detail plus you will eventually get to detail the M3....overall not to shabby if you ask me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica
    So what exactly was the problem, something to do with the place you were detailing at? Or was it that there was no consent from the true owner?

Sounds like it wasn’t much fun driving back buddy, but look in the bright side you got another vehicle to detail plus you will eventually get to detail the M3....overall not to shabby if you ask me.

HE MAY HAVE BEEN ON A BUSINESS PRIVATE PROPERTY

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea that's what I was thinking but still that is kinda odd...well perhaps not some people are quite up tight what happens around there property.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ed, like whend talked........I still feel your pain. That would totally suck. I have had one to forget I was coming and not be home......after a 30 minute drive there!

Maybe I should start my rant thread!

LOL!
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, sorry to hear that, that realy sucks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BILL
    HE MAY HAVE BEEN ON A BUSINESS PRIVATE PROPERTY
    I think that is what it was, and they wanted to be asked to feel important
    Ed

Moderator/Consultant for Autogeek.net

To achieve excellence, excellence cannot be rushed. Technique is just as important as the product used.
    While my approach takes more time, the results are far superior.

Post Thanks / Like
    some people just plain SUCK......the end!

Yeah, they might have gotten to know the smart ass side of me that SO easily comes out of me in those situations

Post Thanks / Like
    Ed,
    Oh that's so awful! Some people just .... are inconsiderate at best. I hope you have a better day tomorrow!
    Lauren
    ~Lulu~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast