autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Incredibly Cheap Finds

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    if anyone is in pinch (until their next AG/ACC order) and needs an iron & wheel decon cleaner (color changing), dd's discounts has the E1 black & plasti-coat wheel cleaner for $2.49, the all wheel & tire cleaner aerosol for $2.99, and a few other things as well...
    I never knew DD's had car care products, I thought it was only clothing and knick knacks for the house. My GF always shops there, I'm going to have her grab me some stuff on her next trip.

Thanks for the heads up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    I never knew DD's had car care products, I thought it was only clothing and knick knacks for the house. My GF always shops there, I'm going to have her grab me some stuff on her next trip.

Thanks for the heads up
    yeah, i never knew that too until one day i wondered in there to see if they had underwear and socks lol. they have a little tool section and the car care stuff is right in that aisle or the next over. i found some storage wraps at Ross that could be used for both polishers and extension cords that were different sizes and quantities, and they also have a small aisle of the aformentioned albeit small...

3. Likes DUBL0WS6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So, this may depend on your definition of incredibly cheap, but picked up a (built in) battery powered cordless spray bottle on the river site for $24.

It's listed under the brand "airchr", though there are a bunch of other brands with identical sprayers. It's marketed as a plant mister. When i ordered it, I was afraid it was going to be a crummy auto sprayer like came on a bulk bottle of "Bug Barricade" (the Raid stuff to keep critters from wanting to crawl into your house) - that sprayer works, but sounded broken. This one is actually surprisingly nice - quiet and provides a really nice mist pattern. Planning on using it for pre-soak for rinseless washes. I'll update this when I get a chance to use in on a car - so far all I've had a chance to do was a quick detail of my toolbox at work.

Probably also going to pick up another one to use for spraying ONR at home, I use it for cleaning all our hard floors. You can adjust the spray from a very fine mist to a straight stream. Just tried the straight stream, holding it straight out it sprayed nearly 20 feet (!).

Like I say, $24 isn't exactly the deal of the century, but you can spend $40 on a pump up hand sprayer that you have to pump up like crazy as you're working around a car.

Now if only I could figure out how to make it foam...

Post Thanks / Like

Found these at Advance Auto for $2.79. Looks like most of their Griots Garage line is on clearance.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

EDIT: Double Post
    Last edited by oneheadlite; 02-23-2021 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Double post

Post Thanks / Like

Incredibly cheap find:

When looking for carts or cart accessories for detailing, remember detailers aren't the only industry using carts! Look at hospitality/restaurant supply places as well. I've got a couple 3 shelf 32x20 (shelf size, not including handles) carts that I got for $70 each. Recently, I found you can get bins that hang off the side for them as well. A silverware bin would work perfect to lay a stack of pads in, and they're like $7. You can get 11 gal garbage bins for $14.

You can get an elevated tray style cart like Mike Phillips uses in a lot of his demos for half the price just by searching around (If memory serves, I think his was a Snap On one).

Me just being incredibly cheap:

I clean out and reuse 1L mouthwash bottles to have extra rinseless washes mixed and ready for Pre-spray bottles. They're a nice size/shape so they don't take up a ton of space in the bin I keep all that stuff in. You can also pre-mark the bottle with a sharpie if you don't want to go 100% scientific for your dilution ratios. (I still end up measuring just because).

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Found this at Wally world while doing my regular bar code scavenger hunt. Didnt save a ton considering they are cheap to begin with but for 50˘ each I took 4. They were marked down to $2.50.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

11. Likes MrOneEyedBoh liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Grit Guard?

Post Thanks / Like

Tool holder that attaches to the side of a bucket and has drain holes.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip

Page 283 of 290 FirstFirst ... 183233273274275276277278279280281282283284285286287288289290 LastLast