autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Please help!!!

American Cancer Society - Relay for life fundraiser

Hello everyone,
    I will be participating in the American Cancer Society's "Relay for Life" fundraiser this year (2nd year) on April 13th and 14th, and need some help from my friends. My family and I need to raise money for each of us to be a participant in this event and would like to ask you all for any donation you can make. I don't have a huge list of people in my email address book who I can ask for donations and consider you all some of my better friends, so who better to ask for help? The Relay for Life is a fundraiser that takes place all over the US and makes up a HUGE portion of the funds raised by the American Cancer Society uses for research on finding a cure for cancer. We participated last year for my Uncle who was fighting lung cancer at this time last year but unfortunately lost his battle in November. We are participating this year and dedicating it to his memory. What the fundraiser is: There are about 50 teams(I think) organized by local businesses, schools, organizations, etc. that walk (or run) on the local high school track from 6pm to 10am the next morning. Yes, that's 16 hrs. straight....ALL NIGHT long after most of us work until 5 the evening it starts! We all participate by coming up with a theme that is common for all the teams. This years theme is "TV Land". All teams must choose a tv show that airs on the channel "TV Land" and organize a "mini" fundraiser with a booth set up centered around the TV show they picked. Some groups make gift baskets that you can purchase raffle tickets for, others sell coffee and snacks, others have games you can play, etc. Our team (Lassiter Ware Insurance) has chosen "Bonanza" and will be appropriately themed around this show. We will be making and serving BBQ (pulled pork) dinners for $5 to anyone who wants them from 6-12 midnight. Someone from our team (13 of us) will be walking or running the track doing laps AT ALL TIMES, ALL NIGHT! All throughout the night they have games for the teams to participate in and I must say that it keeps you awake and is a LOT of fun! Last year the theme was US States, so we chose Louisiana and were themed "Mardi Gras". We had a blast and raised a lot of money. Sorry this is so long, but here is a letter for everyone with a link at the bottom of the page to make a donation on behalf of me, Dennis, for this event. Thank you for reading and taking the time to donate to a wonderful cause! I was so moved by this event last year that I don't know how I could ever not do it every year! I will certainly post some pictures that I take throughout the event. Thanks again for taking the time to read and donate. If you have trouble with the link, just click on team "Lassiter ware" on the first page, then click on my name "Dennis Goodwin" or just email me at dengood1@tampabay.rr.com and I will send you the direct link.

Dear Friends,
    The fight against cancer goes on. There is no one I know who can say they DO NOT have a friend or relative that has battled this terrible disease. I have found a way to fight against cancer- through the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. I will be dedicating my walk to my Uncle Johnny, whom I lost 3 months ago to lung cancer.
    Relay for Life is a team event that celebrates cancer survivors, and raises funds for the American Cancer Society research, education, prevention, advocacy and patient services. It is a fun, outdoor and overnight fundraising event where teams take turns walking or running around a track. Our team, which will have 10 people on it, will be joined by hundreds of others April 13, 2007 at the Citrus High School. Millions of people take part in Relay for Life events around the country and it raises over 40% of the funding for the American Cancer Society. I will be involved in walking &/or team events from 6:00pm to 10:00am the next morning with other members of our group. We have been asked to raise at least $100.00 each and are asking for your help to sponsor us.
    More than 1.3 million new cancer cases are expected to be diagnosed in the United States this year. This is a staggering statistic, but there is hope. Hope is the reason I’ve decided to take action against cancer by supporting the American Cancer Society Relay For Life® event right here in Inverness, Fl., at Citrus High School.

Relay For Life is an overnight event that brings our community together to help support the American Cancer Society and its lifesaving mission to eliminate cancer as a major health problem. The Society works hard every day to prevent cancer and save lives by supporting groundbreaking research, affecting public policies that protect us from cancer, and educating people on how to prevent or detect cancer early. The Society helps people with cancer right here in our own community. And our efforts at Relay For Life can help the American Cancer Society to keep working toward a cancer-free future.

I want to invite you to show your support in the ongoing fight against cancer by joining us for this year’s event. Please click on the link below for more information, including details on the inspirational Survivors’ Lap and the moving Luminaria Ceremony. We hope to see you there! If you can’t join us, will you please visit the site and make a donation to support our efforts? Either way, you will make a real difference in the lives of people facing cancer – and in the lives of the people who love them. Thank you! Here is a link to my page where you can make a donation:

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Relay For Life of Inverness

************************************************** ****************************
    Some email systems do not support the use of links and therefore this link may not appear to work. If so, copy and paste the following into your browser:
    2007 RFL of Relay For Life of Inverness 2007 - General Donation

Sincerely,

Dennis

For state fundraising notices and the American Cancer Society’s Privacy Policy, please paste this link into your browser: ACS :: Legal & Privacy Information
    Last edited by dengood1; 03-26-2007 at 07:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see you walking. Thank you.

My Wife and I walk as well. We walk in honor of our Son. We usually make team.. "Team Kobe"
    In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB
    Glad to see you walking. Thank you.

My Wife and I walk as well. We walk in honor of our Son. We usually make team.. "Team Kobe"
    I remember little Kobe.....I will walk in honor of your son as well I hope he's doing better. Good luck Chris!

Post Thanks / Like
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dengood1
    I remember little Kobe.....I will walk in honor of your son as well I hope he's doing better. Good luck Chris!
    Doing good. We had a scare a month or so back and he had to go back in for testing. They thought the cancer was coming back. The tests showed nothing, but they wanted to wait and test again to see if the spots they were concerned about, were going to grow bigger....

The tests will be from the 5th to the 8th of April..... We will see how that goes.

And thank you, it means more than you know!
    In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like

No donations? Wow, I'm surprised! C'mon guys, just a dollar??

nobody???? Jeez...

Post Thanks / Like
    C'mon people! If you don't donate for my cause, then donate for TexasTB(Chris)and his son Koby for for crying out loud. Let's help out people that are in situations like his. I really thought I would be able to raise a couple of bucks with the good people here. Just click on the link below and make a donation. It doesn't matter how small, just donate!! Thanks!

2007 RFL of Relay For Life of Inverness 2007 - General Donation

Post Thanks / Like
    no, i will dennis!!!! give us a chance. we got your back. i lost my mother to cancer when she was only 56.
    trust me, i understand!
    i will get it to it and donate on your behalf!!!!
    you go, dennis!
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    2 more days! $1, $5, $10? Come on people...

Last chance to help. The event is Friday night. Thanks to all that considered or who have donated locally.

TexasTB, I guess it's up to me and you my man!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, there were 35 teams signed up this year for this event (full house) and I am proud to say that our team raised over $1800 Friday night selling BBQ pulled pork dinners and raffle tickets for gift baskets and the total our team raised was $3030. In all, the 35 teams raised over $118,000 for the American Cancer Society. I am also proud to say that our team won best site (themed from Bonanza) and best team participation. Out of 18 games and events we participated in throught the night (6pm friday to 10am saturday), we took home 14 first place ribbons, 3 second place ribbons and 1 third place ribbon. There were at least 8-10 teams participating in every event. Yes, we owned all that participated! We had tons of fun and if you ever get the chance to participate in something like this please do because it's not only a blast, it's for an excellent cause. All in all, we were VERY pleased with what our team did and the amazing feeling it gave us for doing something good. Thanks to all that read this post and PLEASE donate in the future!

On a sad note, I did not receive 1 donation from anyone on this forum, not even a penny, which very much suprised me. We will spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on detailing supplies and send samples of product to one another without flinching, but when it comes to saving lives we hold back? Please understand, I am not trying to make anyone feel bad, I just want everyone to understand it's so easy to make a difference.

Thanks again for at least reading.
    Last edited by dengood1; 04-15-2007 at 12:42 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast