autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

good weekend coming... NSRA show

every spring, a nice show is done in Oklahoma City by the National Street Rod Association along with a cruise, and several other events.

I plan to have a backpack with me and the Brinkmann light fully charged.

Not looking for customers, but hope to help a few people out and direct a few to the site, along with info on a few of my favorite products.

hope it doesnt rain!

Photos will be posted after each day!
    chris<pixelmonkey>

*not taking my toy to the show, as the front suspension is waiting for parts. poly bushings all around! *

Post Thanks / Like

Re: good weekend coming... NSRA show

Quote Originally Posted by pixelmonkey View Post
    every spring, a nice show is done in Oklahoma City by the National Street Rod Association along with a cruise, and several other events.

I plan to have a backpack with me and the Brinkmann light fully charged.

Not looking for customers, but hope to help a few people out and direct a few to the site, along with info on a few of my favorite products.

hope it doesnt rain!

Photos will be posted after each day!
    chris<pixelmonkey>

*not taking my toy to the show, as the front suspension is waiting for parts. poly bushings all around! *
    I, too, enjoy attending "Rodder Shows", but I no longer have such a vehicle that qualifies as such; or, for entrance to and "judging" thereof . Therefore, I'm most satisfied with my membership in:

Also:
    It's been said that a person's vehicle is an 'extension of their personality'. Ergo, I personally have never appreciated, or welcomed, anyone "messing around" my vehicles at Car Shows...Especially with "tools"!!!
    {Note: I will, (in my "most polite" Mid-Western-heritage-language-usage), express my distaste for such behavior.}

BTW:
    1.) If you have one...Why not really share your "knowledge of paint" and employ an EPTG upon the vehicles at this Car Show??
    2.) If it's sunny on the days of this Car Show, would a Brinkman really be necessary?

Here's hoping to hear, and anxiously awaiting, your 'reports' from this Car Show...

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    I, too, enjoy attending "Rodder Shows", but I no longer have such a vehicle that qualifies as such; or, for entrance to and "judging" thereof . Therefore, I'm most satisfied with my membership in:

Also:
    It's been said that a person's vehicle is an 'extension of their personality'. Ergo, I personally have never appreciated, or welcomed, anyone "messing around" my vehicles at Car Shows...Especially with "tools"!!!
    {Note: I will, (in my "most polite" Mid-Western-heritage-language-usage), express my distaste for such behavior.}

BTW:
    1.) If you have one...Why not really share your "knowledge of paint" and employ an EPTG upon the vehicles at this Car Show??
    2.) If it's sunny on the days of this Car Show, would a Brinkman really be necessary?

Here's hoping to hear, and anxiously awaiting, your 'reports' from this Car Show...

Bob
    GREAT post Bob!

I agree with you! I'm not going to mess around with anyone's car. When it comes to seeing a vehicle I know can be helped, I like to talk to the owner and get an idea of how they use their car, how happy they are with its current condition, and get a feel for their experience in car care.

Most of such conversation is spent getting to know the person before asking to help them to improve what they have.

Manners and ethics. I know some people dont have them, or lack the common sense to use them!

Wild ride for this years show!

The weather hasn't been the greatest. Last evening the storms began and it was looking BAD for the rest of the weekend.

Pea sized hail storms pushed through while a bunch of motorist flocked to the car washes for coverage.

After midnight I awoke to the wind howling and rain hitting the window. Didn't hear the sirens, so went back to sleep. A tornado touched down 1 mile north of the house last night, and a few others were reported in the area.

Attendance is down this year and I covered the show walking in just over 1 hour. This weekend just isnt worth the risk of loosing out to mother nature!

Cruise for tonight is looking sketchy, as more storms are expected to "pop" up.

Here is a link to the photos snapped at the event.

Wind advisory is in effect and i'm not sure i'm going to head north to the cruise. I will post photos if I make it.
    chris<pixelmonkey>

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixelmonkey View Post
    Wild ride for this years show!

The weather hasn't been the greatest. Last evening the storms began and it was looking BAD for the rest of the weekend.

Pea sized hail storms pushed through while a bunch of motorist flocked to the car washes for coverage.

After midnight I awoke to the wind howling and rain hitting the window. Didn't hear the sirens, so went back to sleep. A tornado touched down 1 mile north of the house last night, and a few others were reported in the area.

Attendance is down this year and I covered the show walking in just over 1 hour. This weekend just isnt worth the risk of loosing out to mother nature!

Cruise for tonight is looking sketchy, as more storms are expected to "pop" up.

Here is a link to the photos snapped at the event.

Wind advisory is in effect and i'm not sure i'm going to head north to the cruise. I will post photos if I make it.
    chris<pixelmonkey>

Hope everyones is alright...Been watching these storms on TV hammer your area all day. And now it looks like they'll keep pounding other areas all through the night.

Godspeed to you, your family, and friends out there in the western sector of the Mid-west.

BTW: Cool pics of some great looking vehicles!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Skipped out of the cruise last night. Called a few people and they were skipping out as well. Wind gust were up to 60mph in the area last night.

The rain has stopped for the most part, skies are starting to clear, so i'll have a chance to wash some mud off my truck! *found a bit of that saturday while looking for a parking spot at the fairgrounds.

Sorry, but no additional photos. Have to wait for another car show/meet in the next few weeks.

chris<pixelmonkey>