autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time machine?

Post Thanks / Like

Time machine?

Anyone ever wish they could go back in time? Discuss.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can! Just build one of this http://www.outatime.it/ritornoalfutu...re_schizzo.jpg Into one of this http://www.michaellegg.com/images/ca...s/delorean.jpg and viola!

j/k, Bro! I think we've all want to travel back in time to fix mistakes we have made. But, at the same time, I think it'll be risky business if possible. A Little you do, can change everything!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, basically I am just whining because I missed out on an opportunity. A time machine would be awesome though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Open to discuss the opportunity you missed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course. Well as an ambitious young guy... I am always looking to make money. Been looking at stocks lately, and 2 nights ago, I saw one that appealed to me. Symbol LEND
    It closed at 3.00 and fell 7 dollars that day due to a statement saying they wanted to increase capital and fire/lay off employees. Obviously not the best thing to say and their stock went down. I thought about buying some, but I know you are supposed to research, research, and research some more. But my gut was telling me otherwise. Ultimately, I didn't buy any. Yesterday, it went up 2 bucks! Today, it has been going up again, I have seen as high as a 3 dollar gain! I could have bought a LOT of detailing supplies if I followed my gut.

DISCLAIMER: This is just one example, many times without proper research, you could follow your gut and lose big in stocks.
    EDIT: You can still lose big with proper research.
    EDIT AGAIN: Up 4 bucks today!
    Last edited by abrcrombe; 03-15-2007 at 11:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Their will always be another stock. Like you said, even doing your research doesn't guarantee a gain. The market is tricky. My boss recently started playing in stocks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely. This has nothing to do with stocks, but I would go back and ask this girl out in high school. Never got the nerve because she was so hot. Only later in my sophmore year of college did I run into a buddy of mine who told me he ran into her and she was asking about me. They talked a bit and she ask my buddy why I never asked her out and if I would have she would have loved to go out. If I only knew then what I know now.

Sorry to hear about the stock. I too could have bought a stock at $5 a share that is now $9 a share and will still climb. At least you didn't loose money that was already yours.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I could go back, I would go way back and tell myself not to eat so much crap and exercise more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since we're talking about stocks, I wish I would have bought some Smith & Wesson stocks. They sure did great last year! And I had my finger on the trigger, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    the stock market is know as rich mans gambeling for a reason.

I know how much it sucks to loose money or to not get in at the right time but thats lie. It wouldnt be anyfun if it was steady.

As for stock, one investmet strategy that I have found to be more then good, even in times of bear markets.

Each month set an amount you will invest (it is important that its done everymonth without fail.. for this we will say you have 500 a month to buy stock with

When this money is ready to be used for stock (the same day everymonth) but the market.. on the tsx is xiu... not sure on other markets.

Put all the money into the market regardless of price. If it goes down still buy, if it goes up still buy.

what happens is the price goes down so you can purhcase more units. When the stock goes up you have more of the lesser priced ones. meaning the money lost on the hiigher priced units are counterbalanced.

the market corrects itself to an upturn almost every year.

With this mehtod you could come out even after the market down turn in 2000.

This wont make you rich overnight but it will make you rich slowey

********* HUGE DISCLAIMER**********************

I am not an invetment banker or investement advisoir, I have seen this method work oly when it is done every month regardless. However the market is still volitie and has potental to loose money. For this reason I am not resposible for any finical downturns or bear markets... sorry I have to put this but i need to cover my buttox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast