autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

New Charger Daytona

I was thinking yesterday, I wonder if anyone has tried to customize a new Hemi Charger as a Daytona model with the wedge front and big wing? The Challenger would also make a good base for that.
    Learning to detail for fun and to show my 96 Ford SVT Cobra, Black. My dad always said I was going to wax the paint right off my car. Would wax every weekend. GG 6" DAP

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Charger Daytona

Yep Richard Petty does here is the link.

Petty's Garage - Petty Performance Vehicle Offerings

Post Thanks / Like

HPP Richard Petty Superbird | Cars Review and Auto Pictures

This review is rough but in a way, spot on! I love the wheels for sure but something is "off" IMO, maybe the car is too low or the wheels need to be wider, I just can't put my finger on it. I've seen this company's handy work first hand as he brought a new Camaro up to a local Sat morning cruize in the metro Detroit area one morning but the thing was this, it wasn't a Camaro per say, it was converted to a 69' T/A and it looked goofy as hell, other than the 20" Rallye II wheels w/ redline tires, really liked that and with the above car, the retro wheels are awesome!

Honestly, how old would it get driving that car around, you'd have to move out to the desert!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Challenger bird but I always loved the Super Bird and Daytona Charger. Not crazy about the front wedge, it doesn't quite look right. But from the side he got it right. The reviewer really hated it. Oh well to each his own. Thanks for the links. Spiney-Dave
    Learning to detail for fun and to show my 96 Ford SVT Cobra, Black. My dad always said I was going to wax the paint right off my car. Would wax every weekend. GG 6" DAP

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the black one on the Petty page. Don't know why you would buy a Petty Mustang when for the same $$$ you can get a Shelby or Roush.

We went to the first cruise gathering of our Mustang club last night. Several Shelby's, Roush, Saleen, and a new Boss 302. I felt like the only one without a Blower under the hood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiney View Post
    I like the black one on the Petty page. Don't know why you would buy a Petty Mustang when for the same $$$ you can get a Shelby or Roush.

We went to the first cruise gathering of our Mustang club last night. Several Shelby's, Roush, Saleen, and a new Boss 302. I felt like the only one without a Blower under the hood.
    I think the black one does look better, probably because its black and the fact that the wheel offset is much better. The thing with the current Challenger being converted like this is the fact that its a much shorter, taller car than the original Charger was that it was based off of. The nose and wing should atleast be in more proportions but that's just me.

As far as your Cobra being N/A, well, there's no shame in that, I bet your car was cleaner than those there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiney View Post

Not all of those you mentioned have artificial aspiration. Maybe it's time to get a 03-04 Cobra as a stable mate to the one you have already. Love the hell out of mine!

As for the SuperBird Challenger... not digging it. The side profile is way to high, and the arch under the nose is awkward. Nice try though.

Post Thanks / Like

The Petty Stang is a mess, period!

Post Thanks / Like

HPPcars.com .::.

I love the wheel and engine upgrades for sure but look at the rest of that stuff, eeeeek