autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So Chemical Guys Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by setec astronomy View Post
    what's the difference? <shrug>

lol!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShineTimeDetail View Post

I have their Grime Reaper that is basically still a full gallon- Its ok but not what I expected when I bought it- Just sits there
    Have no intentions of buying

I have over a half gallon of their butterwax- I was using it on everyone's car till I realized that it didn't last for more than a couple week.
    Agreed, looks nice & doesn't last - sounds like a glaze

I have their fabric guard and I have used it but only on a couple cars. The owners have kids and said their seats were stained again within a week of me cleaning them(Did I use too little product? Not sure but I used it sparingly like the label said. Also these were regular clients and they told me they couldn't tell the difference from the stain guard as opposed to previous times
    Nice to know, I'll stick to 303

I have their V4 all in one polish- I bought a sample bottle like a year or so ago and I used it on a black Mercedes. Took out lots of defects. I left the bottle in FL last year so I ordered another bottle, this time a gallon. I used maybe a 12 ounce bottle of it and I surely don't think its the same quality of what I had the first time. I used it on many different cars but never got results like I did on the Mercedes. Pretty sure Mercedes have pretty hard clears too.
    Have a bottle but haven't used it, no other comment yet

I got their paint correction 721- Used it on a Toyota with poor results. I couldn't cut anything with it.
    I'm only interested in Optical Polishes but the pricing is not attractive, basically no reviews of them either

I used the EZ creme- leaves a nice shine but doesn't fill like everyone says it does.
    Used it once and quickly got rid of it

I'm sure there is other stuff but thats all I can think of right now.

I will not sit here and just bash them because there are some products I do like.
    Not bashing, just sharing your experience as a customer who was let down

Some products that I do like from them are-

Wash & wax soap- Awesome a gallon last forever!
    Haven't used this one but I recommend Body Wash & Wax, wonder how they differ?

Their 3x carnuaba sealant
    Good, bad? Durability?

GlossWorkz Glaze- Awesome shine!
    Agreed. Fills like crazy, very slick, great depth.

The lightning carpet cleaner works pretty good too- I have almost a gallon of it and never use it but it does work lol

Mirror Glaze is nice too.
    Very let down with this one, need to use again before tossing

The Green ECO Wash is great stuff too!
    It's actually not a bad product after all. As of this post it's been on my car 2 weeks with 1 touchless wash, still beading.

The reason for this post is because I was going through all my supplies today since I am loading my van and trailer back up with supplies for spring. I saw all this stuff sitting there that I'll never use and it kinda made me mad lol
    My responses in red. I have a couple that I'm not thrilled with so far:

Sticky Gel Wheel Cleaner - even at full strength it's just an okay product, I couldn't imagine diluting it. Still need to test on nasty wheels.

Pure Leather Conditioner - see my review

G6 HyperCoat - worthless

Bare Bones - oily mess

Carnauba Creme Wax - have more tests to perform but so far the "detergent resistant polymers" claim has failed.

InstaWax (Express Carnauba?) - very, very dusty if left to haze per label. does set up slick and is easy to use.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like spaghetti marketing, throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.

I wonder if I just made up that term Spaghetti Marketing? You heard it here first, folks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Sounds like spaghetti marketing, throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.

I wonder if I just made up that term Spaghetti Marketing? You heard it here first, folks!
    Is that better or worse than Minestrone Marketing?

Post Thanks / Like

I have some of their products I have yet to try and some were named so I feel ill be dissapointed when I go to use them,

I will say I just recently got and used their Glossworkz shampoo and its great as a maintenance wash, it foams up a lil but doesn't last, but its like coating the car in a lubricating cleansing gel in a sense, and the gloss afterwards make me feel like there is no need for a QD wipe down after.

I am also very pleased with v7, I like the gloss it gives and it has very good slickness I use it as a topper now.

I just received the other day their Bug Bugger and Tar remover wash, I haven't tried it but was wondering if it strips lsp, it doesn't mention it on bottle but figure it might if its strong enough to tar off

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are missing out on some really nice CG products. Haven't seen anyone comment on their microfiber towels, which are FANTASTIC. Try the red fluffer miracle towels, 6 of them for $13. Also their microfiber wash detergent is awesome as well as their pad cleaner/pad primer. I primarily use their washes, mf's, etc. Some great products but definitely try before you buy.

Diablo wheel gel is also a real nice wheel cleaner. V7 and Blacklight are awesome too

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry I meant to comment on their towels. I have tried the red towels w green edges- thought they were ok.

The plush blue ones with the black silk edge are awesome...found a company online sells their towels much cheaper then CG!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShineTimeDetail View Post
    The plush blue ones with the black silk edge are awesome...found a company online sells their towels much cheaper then CG!
    Yeah, but I bet they aren't super fantastarific towels like the CG ones, with girls in bikinis using them, are they? Huh?

I never found the pricing on the CG towels to be particularly inspiring.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh don't take me wrong, they do have good products. I just thought this was about products that didn't really make the cut?

I personally like:

Synthetic QD
    Luber - prefer ONR but Luber is good
    Citrus Wash & Gloss
    Extreme Body Wash & Wax
    VRP 2 dressing
    Black On Black
    Leather Cleaner
    Glossworkz Glaze
    V7
    Maxi-Suds II
    Glassworkz Glass Cleaner
    50/50 wax
    EcoSmart Waterless Wash
    Nonsense

Have on my shelf waiting to be used:

Inner Clean
    Blitz
    Natural Shine Matte Dressing
    Trim Gel
    Micro Fiber Wash
    Lava
    Jet Seal 109
    Blacklight
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Lol my towels just don't have the models advertising them...guess those girls aren't cheap!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast