autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My baby is back!!! :D

I just got home from the body shop where I picked up my car. They replaced the bumper and one of the panels that were all messed up but they didn't fix the dent on the inside of the hatch door. They said that the insurance wouldn't authorize it. But it is a small dent and it is on the inside and the outside looks like new. I'm just so happy to have her back. When they drove her around and I saw her again I felt so happy. Man!! I have a genuine affection for my car. I love my car the same as I love my kids! Is this normal??? But now I am going to grab a quick bite to eat and spend some quality time with my baby. She is filthy now poor thing! But at least she's home!

Post Thanks / Like
    Somehow I bet she will be detailed before the kids get to eat dinner!

Post Thanks / Like
    ehehehheh Ah I wish!! I only have a couple of hours and she needs a thorough cleaning. I will only have time to clean the interior (it's all gunky from the body shop guys) and give her a quick wash before the kiddies come home. But at least I get to spend a little time with her today. I have tons of appointments the rest of this week but as soon as I can square away about 4 hours I will give her a thorough exterior detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    lol I spent 9hrs detailing my car this past weekend after getting it back from the shop after having the front/back bumpers and rear panel replaced from an accident. I know how you feel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! I got my car back this past week after having the back bumper touched up. My wife and a fella decided to back into each other in the church parking lot. Looks like you guys are playing with nicer toys than mine, but I get where you're coming from. I hardly miss a week of getting it out and cleaning it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I Guess were really AUTO GEEKS???

Post Thanks / Like

trust me challenge the insurance company in writing, and cc the BBB. Because you already have a claim they will repair anything not expressly known as prior damage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayne
    Wow! I got my car back this past week after having the back bumper touched up. My wife and a fella decided to back into each other in the church parking lot. Looks like you guys are playing with nicer toys than mine, but I get where you're coming from. I hardly miss a week of getting it out and cleaning it up.
    You know Shayne, It's not even that my "toy" is so nice. It's a SUV not a flashy sport's car or a classic car, but it's MINE and I love it. The paint really is a beautiful color. When I picked it up today the lady that drove it around stopped and looked at it and said, "Wow. It really is a beautiful vehicle." And of course I agree, but the thing is after spending so much time caring for it day in and day out week after week I guess I bonded with it has become more than just a vehicle. I can't believe how depressed I was all the time it was gone, nor how happy I was to see it when I saw it in the parking lot. It really is like an emotion I would feel towards a family member. And now, I just have to get me some time to perty her all up again. But I find it shocking how many of us have just been involved in some sort of accident. Hmmmmm. Unfortunately for me my accident occurred in the parking lot where I live and it happened during the night while I was sleeping so I have no idea who hit me, but that's past and at least she's home again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh P.S. Meghan, I love your new avatar. Nice sail boat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your baby has a real loving daddy.........

im the same way.........so in love with my ride...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast