autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

DONE with my gas trimmer.

Would not turn over yesterday or today no matter what I tried. OVER IT! Just ordered the WORX GT REVELOUTION trimmer. RECHARABLE. This should suit my needs.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DONE with my gas trimmer.

You'll love it. I picked up a nice straight shaft Milwaukee one a couple of years back driven by their H.O. M18 lineup of batteries and it drives not only a dual .90 diameter line successfully for hours taking out even small brush but a small blade and edger attachment too. Way more power than what I need for my suburban yard but it came to me as a prize I won so I'll ran with it.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't turn over or wouldn't fire? (start).

What brand trimmer is it?

My gas ECHO is 17 years old and starts just like the day it was new.

The #1 reason (by far) that small engines will not start/run rough nowadays is stale ethanol fuel.

If I lived close to you, I'd gladly get yours running tip-top again.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Likes Silly Rabbit, opie, luckydawg, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure Worx has the most powerful battery system, the Ego seems to be near the top for that. I replaced my gas trimmer and my Ego battery powered has almost too much torque as it pulls itself into the grass when edging. I had to modify how I hold it to handle the torque and make sure it doesn’t pull itself into the grass.

But hopefully the Worx has enough power for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I run ethanol free in my garden tractor, and vp race fuel 2 cycle mix in my echo weed eater and leaf blower. Never any issuesDONE with my gas trimmer. plus vp smells amazing

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think ethanol free is the key but that doesn’t stop small gas engines from being problematic sometimes. But ethanol free is all I run as well. VO race fuel…hmmm…that would be an interesting thing to try. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I think ethanol free is the key but that doesn’t stop small gas engines from being problematic sometimes. But ethanol free is all I run as well.
    Well there other things to be mindful of as well.

*Primer bulbs. They can get brittle/less pliable or crack.

*In-tank fuel filters. They can clog over time.

*Tank vents. These tiny "choker" (one-way) vents can fail and result in positive tank pressure. The results from this are usually seen in fuel being forced up through the carb.

*Clogged spark arrestors. If not cleaned regularly, these will plug up with carbon and severely affect the exhaust flow.

*Spark plugs. Goes without saying.

All of these can be checked and replaced by someone with even minimal mechanical ability.

10. Likes luckydawg, dgage, Icarus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ll deal with that on my zero turn but for small engines, battery powered is very powerful now. I don’t blame PA Detailer as I made the move this year. EGO 765 blower, string trimmer, chain saw, and sweeper brush. All works very well now.

12. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ll deal with that on my zero turn but for small engines, battery powered is very powerful now. I don’t blame PA Detailer as I made the move this year. EGO 765 blower, string trimmer, chain saw, and sweeper brush. All works very well now.
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not touting gas over battery power. Not at all.

I'm just pointing out the things that some people might not realize about the gas models.

14. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Well there other things to be mindful of as well.

*Primer bulbs. They can get brittle/less pliable or crack.

*In-tank fuel filters. They can clog over time.

*Tank vents. These tiny "choker" (one-way) vents can fail and result in positive tank pressure. The results from this are usually seen in fuel being forced up through the carb.

*Clogged spark arrestors. If not cleaned regularly, these will plug up with carbon and severely affect the exhaust flow.

*Spark plugs. Goes without saying.

All of these can be checked and replaced by someone with even minimal mechanical ability.
    I once had to carry a wire brush and appropriate socket to clean exhaust screens on the run, mainly on the Stihl BG 86 blowers.

A few years ago, I was given a bottle of Stihl HP Ultra Synthetic 2-stroke oil and have been using ever since. Using that oil, I have not had to clean exhaust screens as the oil burns off much cleaner, less carbon deposited in the exhaust and even the plastics around the muffler. It's pretty expensive, but the fact I'm not burning time cleaning exhaust screens is worth the premium...............time is money and all.

I have been using Stihl battery gear, namely the hedge trimmers, chainsaw and blower. However, yesterday I went and ordered an EGO 765 blower kit, which includes two 5.0 Ah batteries and a supercharger. Can't wait!

16. Likes dgage, PaulMys liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.