autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

1st Place and Platinum Certified Show Winner at Eckler’s Winternationals Chevrolet Car Show in Orlando

1st Place and Platinum Certified Show Winner at Eckler’s Winternationals Chevrolet Car Show in Orlando

Hello Mike,

Happy Birthday to you. I got your message just now and I am sorry I could not go. I just got in from a weekend at Eckler's Winternationals Chevorlet car show in Orlando . My wife took me as a B-day present to me as my birthday was a few days ago.

I can happily say that I took 1st place in my class. Not only that, I was judged and took 985 points of a 1,000 point judging, making my car Platinum Certified. The last time I competed at this show, I received 961 points and only achieved Gold Certified (Still a good score just the same). However, being able to make that leap in Platinum status was great. I feel that some of the credit for my achieving this is due to your efforts and convincing me to come to Autogeek and showing me the possibilities in making my car look great. The lessons you have shared with me as well as the terrific products offered by Autogeek made my Camaro a nationally recognized Platinum Certified show winner.

It should be said that this car show was NOT a local or small show. This show is a major annual event sponsored by Ecklers for over 20 years now and is national, bringing guys from all over the country to compete in it. Cars from as far away as California showed up along with cars driven and trailered from all over the country. Many of the cars at the show have been featured in major car magazines as well.

The Platinum Certification I received is recognized by the major players in the car world and I competed with some pretty amazing vehicles. To have been able to compete in it was incredible...to have taken first place is awesome. The Platinum Certification is beyond what I had hoped.

Up until I met you my exposure to car cleaning products was whatever was on the shelf at the auto parts store. I knew nothing beyond the basics about how to take care of my car. I have always considered myself quite proficient in many areas of car building, but my knowledge of caring for my car after all that hard work was done was not good. You can buy all kinds of magazines and watch TV shows showing you how to work on and build a great car, but there really isn't anything out there to help once all the bolts have been tightened and the paint dries.

Car magazines don't really address this area and there just aren't any TV shows showing you how to clean your car properly, what type of care is needed depending on what needs cleaning (paint, vinyl, fabric, rubber, tires, etc.). or what products to use, and what tools to use them with. I guess in the whole scheme of it, no one in the magazine and TV world considers car care "sexy" enough to go to the trouble in getting these crucial lessons out to those of us that need it most. I can easily get a magazine with an article on how to add 500 horsepower to my engine, turn hairpin turns at 80mph, and stop on a dime with 9 cents change back, but can't find a lick on how to remove swirl marks that have plagued my car like a swarm of locusts on a corn crop. All I knew was my car looked like crap and I didn't know why or how to fix it.

That is until I met you Mike. Since then, I have learned that there are so many products that are light years beyond what I have been using and there are some incredible products that can take care of my specific car needs as opposed to the "household spray cleaner and one wax for everything" approach I had been taking.

So, I want to thank you personally for taking me under your wing and allowing me to work with you on Thursday evenings for fun and learning. I also want to thank Autogeek for allowing you the opportunity to show guys like me (who were basically car cleaning Neanderthals) that car care is so much and more and can be very rewarding with the plethora of products out there that can take a basket case such as mine and make it a top notch, nationally recognized, 1st class show winner. We need more guys like you out there.

Here's some pictures...

Thanks again Mike and Happy Birthday.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1st Place and Platinum Certified Show Winner at Eckler’s Winternationals Chevrolet Car Show in Orlando

Wow awesome man! Congrats!! This forum and the AutoGeek staff truly are great people.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1st Place and Platinum Certified Show Winner at Eckler’s Winternationals Chevrolet Car Show in Orlando

Congrats on winning Platinum status man! Thats pretty awesome! I'm sure we were all there at one point, when we first found AG and AGO. I rememeber I wsa so amazed and overwhelmed, and still am sometimes, at all the different products for car care, as well as how to properly maintain your ride. But that first major detail job...the first time you look at your car in the sun...that feeling....man oh man thats an awesome feeling.

Congrats again man!
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Re: 1st Place and Platinum Certified Show Winner at Eckler’s Winternationals Chevrolet Car Show in Orlando

That Is Awsome.......This is a true example of the love of cars and the passion to make them look thier best!

You have A great looking car! And the fact that AG and Mike P and the rest of forum members were able to share in the experience makes that more sweeter!!!

Congrats!!!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations...What a great accomplishment!!

But, IMHO, another great accomplishment of yours, my good Sir, that surely came from the "bottom of your heart", is this posting of a fantastic: THANK YOU note to Mr. Phillips, and the rest of the gang at AutoGeek.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say this about teaching someone what you know...

...a post like that from a student makes it all worth while.

Whew! Gives me goose bumps. That is awesome.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Steve on the honors!

As for the car, you did an amazing job restoring it and bringing it to the level it is.
    What an honor......Platinum....WOW...you deserve it.
    I'd be proud to own a genuine piece of American automotive history, yours is truly legendary!

As for Mr Phillips, he is also a piece of automotive history and a legend in his own way. A good friend and someone always willing to give a helping hand. AG should be proud to have someone of his stature on their staff
    Robert DiTerlizzi, 772-260-6636
    Impressions Fine Automotive Detailing
    7656 SW Jack James Dr.Stuart, Fl.

Post Thanks / Like

The pictures of your car on this site were fantastic. The car looked perfect. I guess you have the score to back that up now too. That is awesome! Congrats!
    Have a great day!
    Don

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impressions View Post
    Congrats Steve on the honors!

As for the car, you did an amazing job restoring it and bringing it to the level it is.
    What an honor......Platinum....WOW...you deserve it.
    I'd be proud to own a genuine piece of American automotive history, yours is truly legendary!

As for Mr Phillips, he is also a piece of automotive history and a legend in his own way. A good friend and someone always willing to give a helping hand. AG should be proud to have someone of his stature on their staff
    Plus one on that one Robert I look forward to the next round of make overs maybe we can make another owner of a rare classic a # 1 show winner
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the win !!!! What an accomplishment.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast