autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Autopia

Post Thanks / Like

Question Autopia

Question are autopia and autogeek kind of the same.They seem to carry the same products. I have always bought from autogeek very happy great service. But autopia has some stuff autogeek doesnt

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autopia

PBMG owns both.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Autogeek.net and Autopia-CarCare.com are under the same corporate umbrella, Palm Beach Motoring Group (PBMG).

Think Buick and Chevrolet, two separate divisions both owned by General Motors.

Autopia-CarCare.com has their own forum, AutopiaForums.com, that is ran by Todd Helme who is also the main man for the Blackfire line of car care products.

Over at Autopia-CarCare.com you will find exclusive product lines not available at Autogeek.net, such as Chemical Guys and a couple others.

Post Thanks / Like

The whole autopia thing has me confused. If PBMG owns Autopia-Carecare than why is the old autopia forum still active (although it's pretty dried up these days)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RFulmer View Post
    The whole autopia thing has me confused. If PBMG owns Autopia-Carecare than why is the old autopia forum still active (although it's pretty dried up these days)?
    As I understand it, the original owners (the Davids) ended up splitting into two separate entities: the web site (.org) and then autopia-car care retailing operation that sold the sonus, ultima lines, etc.

The web site ended up with one owner and eventually PBMG purchased the Autopia car care store (name and all) so you ended up with two companies having rights to the autopia name. PBMG decided to rename Detail City to Autopiaforums when it started to actively manage it.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Autopia

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Autogeek.net and Autopia-CarCare.com are under the same corporate umbrella, Palm Beach Motoring Group (PBMG).

Think Buick and Chevrolet, two separate divisions both owned by General Motors.

Autopia-CarCare.com has their own forum, AutopiaForums.com, that is ran by Todd Helme who is also the main man for the Blackfire line of car care products.

Over at Autopia-CarCare.com you will find exclusive product lines not available at Autogeek.net, such as Chemical Guys and a couple others.

Thanks for the reply.Now that i know its a part of PBMG I think i might order some stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mike matchlat View Post
    Thanks for the reply.Now that i know its a part of PBMG I think i might order some stuff
    order away , they carry some unique lines and offer the same great service. Todd Helmes is over there as needed, and we have Mike Phillips here.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I got some Chemical Guys Wash that I could not get at Autogeek. But knowing they were the same company I knew I would be getting good service.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you noticed Todd's review of the new Blackfire Wet Diamond Waterless Wash? Watch out Ultima...
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Now I understand how it works...thanks for the clarification.