autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

How to properly clean a Masarati's flat black matte dash?

Just curious i've notice this on ferrari's and masarattis that the dash would have have some sticky residue on the dash. I usually use opc and then dress it. I know some of you guys have enountered this before... My question is there a specific way to clean this flat black matte look because my customer asked me where does this sticky residue come from and i thought maybe he was using a interior dressing not fit for that look? ummm

I will appreciate if you guys have any input on this! Sorry no pics just hoping someone knows what i'm talking about from there personal detailing experience... I usually use adams vrt dressings on this look, not to shinny but clean look! Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to properly clean a Masarati's flat black matte dash?

havent gotten my hands on a Ferrari yet i do have a vip client that has a masaratti that i do every two weeks. have found that dressing regardless of the brand or if there water-based or not always seem to get tacky or sticky on the dash. i now just give it a good wipe down with a damp mf an no dressing. but the whole dash isnt a matte finish just bits an pieces. And i just dress the rest. hope this helps, but i would like to know if anyone is using dressing on matte dashes an which one.

Post Thanks / Like

I've run into this on more occasions than I can count and have used the same method with success for 2 years now.

Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel applied with a light spray followed by agitation with a soft tampico brush. I then wipe it down with a microfiber to dry the material. Dress with Ultima Interior Guard Plus using a yellow wax application pad. Works wonders and stays dry to the touch and not tacky at all. The look is natural and clean for a long time.
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonMiles View Post
    I've run into this on more occasions than I can count and have used the same method with success for 2 years now.

Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel applied with a light spray followed by agitation with a soft tampico brush. I then wipe it down with a microfiber to dry the material. Dress with Ultima Interior Guard Plus using a yellow wax application pad. Works wonders and stays dry to the touch and not tacky at all. The look is natural and clean for a long time.
    well looks like next order will be full of ultima products. i have uttg and love the product but havent tryed anything else. ive been on an optimum kick here the past few months an really like there products but will def try more ultima now. not my thread but thanks for the input

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I have seen that...dash, vents, steering wheel etc...what's this caused by?

Post Thanks / Like

Ultima interior shampoo gel
    Ultima interior guard plus
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you guys for the input and i will try to get a set of the ultima products to give it a try... happy detailing