autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Beading Shots!!!

I read recently (not saying it's true) that a good underlying coating will enhance the topper a bit, even though the topper may offset some of the beading of the basecoat. So in other words, if the base is a good ceramic coating and you apply an average topper, the beading will drop a bit, but be better than it would be with just the topper alone.

I witnessed this with Hyper-Seal when it was on top of Gloss Coat.

2. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Your Beading Shots!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I read recently (not saying it's true) that a good underlying coating will enhance the topper a bit, even though the topper may offset some of the beading of the basecoat. So in other words, if the base is a good ceramic coating and you apply an average topper, the beading will drop a bit, but be better than it would be with just the topper alone.

I witnessed this with Hyper-Seal when it was on top of Gloss Coat.
    I’ve seen a few videos which would exhibit this. Here’s one testing a variety of ceramic QDs, on both bare paint and on top of CQuartz UK - you can see drastic differences in the hydrophobics when they’re on the coating:

Ceramic Quick Detailer Test | First Rinse + Slickness Carpro v Gyeon v Lithium v Mothers v Meguiars - YouTube

You also have Waxmode’s (Loach’s) review for Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Detailer, showing how using it on top of even a degraded coating shows better hydrophobics than the QD by itself:

Meguiar?s Hybrid Ceramic Detailer - Perfect Topper for Coatings! - YouTube

The question I guess is whether the above would also be true for something like Hyper Seal, which is quite a bit more substantial than your usual ceramic QD and thus might be more likely, I suppose, to mask the behavior of the underlying coating.
    Francis

4. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by umi000 View Post
    I’ve seen a few videos which would exhibit this. Here’s one testing a variety of ceramic QDs, on both bare paint and on top of CQuartz UK - you can see drastic differences in the hydrophobics when they’re on the coating:

Ceramic Quick Detailer Test | First Rinse + Slickness Carpro v Gyeon v Lithium v Mothers v Meguiars - YouTube

You also have Waxmode’s (Loach’s) review for Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Detailer, showing how using it on top of even a degraded coating shows better hydrophobics than the QD by itself:

Meguiar?s Hybrid Ceramic Detailer - Perfect Topper for Coatings! - YouTube

The question I guess is whether the above would also be true for something like Hyper Seal, which is quite a bit more substantial than your usual ceramic QD and thus might be more likely, I suppose, to mask the behavior of the underlying coating.
    Good find and good question. I'm not really sure how substantial Hyper-Seal really is to be honest. It does contain SiC and Sio2, so it's sort of a unique product. It also leaves a very nice look. I have yet to see it bead at a very high level though. That could either be due to user error (me) or it's just not that potent. It's expensive and I love how easy it is to apply and how it looks which is the only reason I keep playing with it.

The most disappointing QD in that video to me is the Gyeon. Overpriced for what you get IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Your Beading Shots!!!

Good find and good question. I'm not really sure how substantial Hyper-Seal really is to be honest. It does contain SiC and Sio2, so it's sort of a unique product. It also leaves a very nice look. I have yet to see it bead at a very high level though. That could either be to user error or it's just not that potent. It's expensive and I love how easy it is to apply and how it looks which is the only reason I keep playing with it.
    Optimum claims durability of up to a year, and with its chemical composition, you would expect it be something on the level of a coating lite such Cancoat, CQuartz Lite, or Infinity Wax Synergy Lite. Despite the less than stellar experiences you've had with it, I'm still so tempted to get a bottle myself - I guess I'll always have a weak spot for WOWA products like these.

The most disappointing QD in that video to me is the Gyeon. Overpriced for what you get IMO.
    Yes, the Gyeon is more expensive with worse hydrophobics and lesser durability. The channel owner has continued to keep them on the test panel for a durability test - going on six weeks as of his last update. Megs is really proving better than the other products in the test - IMO, they've really hit the ball out of the park with this product. I've read some comments on FB from Markus Kleis, the formal global product manager at Meguiar's, saying that they were really aiming to come up with a topper that would not detract from the hydrophobics of whatever coating it was applied on, and that they did benchmark against popular products (implied as Reload and C2V3, among others) in the segment during development - and it does show in the performance of the product.
    Francis

7. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Optimum claims durability of up to a year, and with its chemical composition, you would expect it be something on the level of a coating lite such Cancoat, CQuartz Lite, or Infinity Wax Synergy Lite. Despite the less than stellar experiences you've had with it, I'm still so tempted to get a bottle myself - I guess I'll always have a weak spot for WOWO products like these.

Yes, the Gyeon is more expensive with worse hydrophobics and lesser durability. The channel owner has continued to keep them on the test panel for a durability test - going on six weeks as of his last update. Megs is really proving better than the other products in the test - IMO, they've really hit the ball out of the park with this product. I've read some comments on FB from Markus Kleis, the formal global product manager at Meguiar's, saying that they were really aiming to come up with a topper that would not detract from the hydrophobics of whatever coating it was applied on, and that they did benchmark against popular products (implied as Reload and C2V3, among others) in the segment during development - and it does show in the performance of the product.
    I picked up some coating applicators (rectangular ones) and will apply Hyper-Seal like a coating next time just to try it. Infinity Wax Synergy is a really nice product. As I've said before, the ease of use and look of Hyper-Seal is really nice. And little does go a long way. I'd give it a shot.

I agree Megs did a nice job on HCD/Bead Booster. The beading of those two products is really nice.

9. Likes umi000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I picked up some coating applicators (rectangular ones) and will apply Hyper-Seal like a coating next time just to try it. Infinity Wax Synergy is a really nice product. As I've said before, the ease of use and look of Hyper-Seal is really nice. And little does go a long way. I'd give it a shot.

I agree Megs did a nice job on HCD/Bead Booster. The beading of those two products is really nice.
    And here I was planning for my second sojourn into detailing to be a lot simpler, but you guys just suck me back in! I thought I had it all figured out - go for a nice durable hydrophobic liquid sealant in M27, maintain with Meg HCD periodically, while using up the gallons of various rinseless/waterless washes I still have, and perhaps topping now and then with one of the over a dozen paste waxes I've collected over the years.

And then I saw the various reviews on Wolfgang's SiO2 paint sealant, and I thought I wanted to try that too - I guess it isn't too bad to have a choice of sealants, right?

Then I had to get some N-914 to try, despite resolving not to buy any more wash products before using up what I have.

I saw the beautiful beading from Gyeon Wax, and just had to get that in as well.

Then I saw that Dodo Juice had released what is essentially an updated, color-tinted version (Scarlet Fever) of the first boutique wax I ever bought (Supernatural Hybrid) that would be just perfect for our red hatchback... so I have that on the way too.

Oh, also saw a good deal for CarPro ECH2O, and given all of the great reviews I've seen, I decided, why not?

And now this Hyper Seal, which is just tugging on my WOWA-loving heart...

This is to say nothing of the dozens of bottles of older products I still have, even after throwing out those that had gone bad...

Still, all good fun though, and it is amazing to see how quickly things progress after just a few years of laying low.
    Francis

11. Likes CleanIT, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And here I was planning for my second sojourn into detailing to be a lot simpler, but you guys just suck me back in! I thought I had it all figured out - go for a nice durable hydrophobic liquid sealant in M27, maintain with Meg HCD periodically, while using up the gallons of various rinseless/waterless washes I still have, and perhaps topping now and then with one of the over a dozen paste waxes I've collected over the years.

And then I saw the various reviews on Wolfgang's SiO2 paint sealant, and I thought I wanted to try that too - I guess it isn't too bad to have a choice of sealants, right?

Then I had to get some N-914 to try, despite resolving not to buy any more wash products before using up what I have.

I saw the beautiful beading from Gyeon Wax, and just had to get that in as well.

Then I saw that Dodo Juice had released what is essentially an updated, color-tinted version (Scarlet Fever) of the first boutique wax I ever bought (Supernatural Hybrid) that would be just perfect for our red hatchback... so I have that on the way too.

Oh, also saw a good deal for CarPro ECH2O, and given all of the great reviews I've seen, I decided, why not?

This is to say nothing of the dozens of bottles of older products I still have, even after throwing out those that had gone bad...

Still, all good fun though, and it is amazing to see how quickly things progress after just a few years of laying low.
    Welcome back and Ech20 is awesomePost Your Beading Shots!!!Post Your Beading Shots!!!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

13. Likes CleanIT, umi000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear you....I've said I'm settling on something several times in the last few months LMAO.

15. Likes umi000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Couple months old (i think?) Cosmic doin it’s thang.

Month old Griot’s ceramic glass cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Likes Big Dave, CleanIT, dgage liked this post
Page 134 of 176 FirstFirst ... 3484124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 ... LastLast