autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like
    The boot loader on the galaxy nexus is unlocked so rooting the phone is a snap.

Few things about this phone that bothers me.. why the to OMAP processor? I know diehard android fans will tell me because ice is optimized for it but I still find it too be a stupid move. The lag for a flagship is a bit annoying. The keyboard lags for me and the screen transitions. The speaker volume is awfully low.

After this I'll probably pick up a iPhone or a windows phone. The integration of windows mobile, windows desktop, and Xbox live is just fantastic. Not only that the money of MS will probably will push for more third parties to develop for it. As for the iPhone I would have bought the iPhone 4S but no 4G no thanks. 3G is damn slow on vzw so I passed on the iphone 4S.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Hello my name is Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Motorola RAZR and Samsung Nexus Prime (eat your heart out iFone)

Quote Originally Posted by Rei86 View Post
    The boot loader on the galaxy nexus is unlocked so rooting the phone is a snap.

Few things about this phone that bothers me.. why the to OMAP processor? I know diehard android fans will tell me because ice is optimized for it but I still find it too be a stupid move. The lag for a flagship is a bit annoying. The keyboard lags for me and the screen transitions. The speaker volume is awfully low.

After this I'll probably pick up a iPhone or a windows phone. The integration of windows mobile, windows desktop, and Xbox live is just fantastic. Not only that the money of MS will probably will push for more third parties to develop for it. As for the iPhone I would have bought the iPhone 4S but no 4G no thanks. 3G is damn slow on vzw so I passed on the iphone 4S.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    To be totally honest, if VZW had gotten a new Windows Phone......as in a new model of hardware....to go with the WP7.5 update similar to AT&T getting the Focus S or Titan, I would have jumped ship in an instant. I am a big Zune user and would love to consolidate devices (I also use the monthly Zunepass subscription service). It wouldn't have even needed 4G. I just didn't want to be locked into a 2 year contract with an HTC Trophy.

Also, it's potentially a possibility that if a WP7.5 phone DOES drop on Verizon within the next 30 days I will return the Nexus before the grace period to return is up. However there have been no indications of a new one coming anytime soon. It's not that I have anything against Android (otherwise I would have sat on my upgrade), it's just that I would love that integration. Maybe next time around if Microsoft doesn't tank WP in the next two years.

edit: Also the bootloader is NOT unlocked from the factory, but it's a quick procedure to unlock it. The only pain involved is that it does a complete wipe/reset of the phone. Setting up the environment to unlock it on you computer is very easy as there are tons of good tutorials out there especially with the release of the Galaxy Nexus.

Post Thanks / Like

You know what I meant when I said it was unlocked

Yes the mango update on WP7 is just amazingly simply. You thought the iPhone was easy to use? Go pick up a Windows Mobile Phone people and its just so simple and clean. And most of WP phones are very classic in design. Once again I have to use the words very simple and clean

Only issue with me is the lack of support ATM for the phone. That's the one reason why I kind of want the iPhone. Top notch developers for the phone making apps and games for it that won't see a release outside of the iPhone and is the major reason why I want one...HOWEVER the Spring/VZW version is slow. AT&T owners has the ability to tap into AT&T's HSDPA + network which allows for some 13ish mbps. So yeah I'm not switching carriers just for a damn phone.

So locked into a two year contract (I still have about 27 days to return it) I can't wait till the development unfold. Maybe the top notch developers will also bring more of their apps to the Android but I'm not holding my breath.
    Hello my name is Sean

Post Thanks / Like

The "lag" is being fixed in an upcoming OTA update...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah still waiting. Also found out the software update to address the weak signal strength has been pushed out but not official yet.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Hello my name is Sean

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567