autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Motorola RAZR and Samsung Nexus Prime (eat your heart out iFone)

Quote Originally Posted by clintb View Post
    In the end does it all really matter? Nah, not as long as the device does what YOU want it to and does so in a reliable manner. I like the iPhone and iOS, but happen to like Android more since I worked at Google and had the opportunity to see it before it was ever released to the public. I also use Google exclusively for email, so I love the tight integration.

I also love Apple products having owned two MacBook Pro's, a Mac Mini, multiple hard drive based iPod's, multiple iPod nano's, and chose a Mac Pro as my desktop when I was at Google.

I pick what suits MY usage the best, be it Apple, Microsoft (not usually), or Android/Google.
    I for sure love me some Google, but just because it works for me doesn't mean it works better/best for someone else. Whenever a friend asks me what phone they should buy, I tell them what I like and why. However I also ALWAYS tell them that they need to go to the stores and play with the phones to see what works for THEM. Unless MS shuts down the software side of Zune which I have heard nothing of the sort, my next phone the next time around will very likely actually be a Windows Phone based one. I wanted to do WP 7.5 this time around but I don't want to leave Verizon and they have no WP 7.5 phones with 4G LTE on the radar so it looks like I'm sticking with Google and going Nexus + ICS

Oh, found this on an android forum I visit, had to laugh.........
    Android is like that one girl in high school who was really geeky and no one wanted to be around. Who then grew up to become a super hot super model that everyone wanted in bed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Purchased two galaxy nexus, bought two extended battery's, ordered up some screen protectors and cases. I must say coming from the of Motorola Droid phone this thing running on vzw's kick ass 4G LTE network is pretty damn amazing. , android experience isn't all that bad either. Also I got Google wallet up and running without rooting the phone.

IMO if someone wants an android phone, the Galaxy Nexus is the right place too start.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Hello my name is Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rei86 View Post
    Purchased two galaxy nexus, bought two extended battery's, ordered up some screen protectors and cases. I must say coming from the of Motorola Droid phone this thing running on vzw's kick ass 4G LTE network is pretty damn amazing. , android experience isn't all that bad either. Also I got Google wallet up and running without rooting the phone.

IMO if someone wants an android phone, the Galaxy Nexus is the right place too start.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Agree, I upgraded from my rooted & ROMed Droid on release day and love it. I have an extended battery on order, but I'm easily getting 12+ hours before it gets anywhere needing a charge. I'm not using it for movies or anything but just phone calls, some facebook, and a hefty dose of stuff like Angry Birds throughout the day plus just playing with it. I did unlock the bootloader and root it but it's still running the stock ROM. I just wanted to be able to restore my Angry Birds progress from my Droid lol. The new Ice Cream sandwich OS is awesome. I even like the stock launcher except for it not rotating to landscape and I was a die hard aftermarket launcher user previously.

Post Thanks / Like

Whats the benefit of google wallet? I see a lot of people wanting to use it but Im not sure what the benefit is. I get 1% cash back on my credit card, and on gas and food I get 2%. Does google wallet do something like that for me as well?

Post Thanks / Like

It allows you to load money on the account and then use your phone to pay for things. I believe it works similar to if you have one of those credit cards with the chip that you can just wave it in front of the card reader.

Post Thanks / Like

Heres a nice blog I put together about this subject...

iPhone vs. Droid - Forums at Modded Mustangs

Until they allow for the bootloader to be unlocked I wont be going to another phone...

Chevy is a great rommer...I currently am with Revnumbers Cyanogen7 on my X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matt@autogeek.net View Post
    There may be better features on some Android phones, but the simplicity/popularity of IOS and the widely available apps/features seal the deal for me. Plus Apple stuff just works! I'm not an Apple fanboy by any means and I'd never owned an Apple product until I got my iPhone 3G...
    I agree. iOS devices are so much more than the raw specs. To me iOS provides a superior user experience. I've had them all, WM, Palm, BB, Android and iOS. I don't think you can play with an iPhone for 10 minutes or maybe even a few days and get it. But if you have had both for any amount of time, you will understand.

I'm a software engineer and at work, phones are a fashion show. Its funny how many people leave the iPhone and end up coming back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJ View Post
    Until they allow for the bootloader to be unlocked I wont be going to another phone...

Chevy is a great rommer...I currently am with Revnumbers Cyanogen7 on my X
    First, +1 to Chevy

2nd, the Nexus has an unlockable bootloader. If I hadn't slowed down to carefully read directions the first time, I could have had the bootloader unlocked and the phone rooted within 5 minutes. Most of that would have been reboot time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flyinion View Post
    Nope, running ChevyNo1's Simply Stunning version 5.5. Based off Gingerbread 2.3.5 source code and Cyanogen Mod. Pete does good stuff for sure, but I've always liked Chevy's stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinion View Post
    First, +1 to Chevy

2nd, the Nexus has an unlockable bootloader. If I hadn't slowed down to carefully read directions the first time, I could have had the bootloader unlocked and the phone rooted within 5 minutes. Most of that would have been reboot time.
    So its unencrypted and allows the loading of roms? I used to dabble with writing and modding roms back when I had the D1...But I jumped ship to try and get an early rom going for the X and fell flat on my face with the bootloader...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJ View Post
    So its unencrypted and allows the loading of roms? I used to dabble with writing and modding roms back when I had the D1...But I jumped ship to try and get an early rom going for the X and fell flat on my face with the bootloader...
    Yep it's a Nexus phone. Google requires that they be unlockable (if locked at all) and rootable. It's the same series as the Nexus One, etc. that have come out. Manufacturers are also not supposed to skin them with Blur or Sense or Touchwiz or any of that crap. The Nexus series is all about stock Google experience like the D1 and being able to do whatever you want with it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast