autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Motorola RAZR and Samsung Nexus Prime (eat your heart out iFone)

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyGT View Post
    DLB-

I believe it is not the topic but rather the person you are talking with. If you go into a conversation with an open mind, the ability to question your own views, honestly/fairly discuss the topic, and be willing to come away with a different view point than you went in with, anything can be discussed.

Unfortunately it has become commonplace that your aforementioned topics of politics, religion (and other hot button issues) no one has any of the required qualities to make it a discussion. What we end up with is people preaching to each other without listening.
    werd Bill.

I am not about to say the iPhone didn't change the way cellular communication devices were developed and marketed, but I don't think they are superior in the arena. One of the biggest pitfalls of Apple is that it is Apple vs. Everyone. Like when Richard said "every smart phone released is always compared to the iPhone." That is true, but it is true (in my opinion) only because you have Apple on one hand, then everyone else on the other.

Once you enter into the Android vs. Android debate, or Tablet vs. Tablet etc., then you have lots of room to see differences. But there are always those few standouts that are standing toe to toe with the Apple device.

Honestly, I think Apple makes some good stuff - but I own none of it, and don't ever PLAN to. Things change though.

DLB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DLB View Post
    werd Bill.

I am not about to say the iPhone didn't change the way cellular communication devices were developed and marketed, but I don't think they are superior in the arena. One of the biggest pitfalls of Apple is that it is Apple vs. Everyone. Like when Richard said "every smart phone released is always compared to the iPhone." That is true, but it is true (in my opinion) only because you have Apple on one hand, then everyone else on the other.

Once you enter into the Android vs. Android debate, or Tablet vs. Tablet etc., then you have lots of room to see differences. But there are always those few standouts that are standing toe to toe with the Apple device.

Honestly, I think Apple makes some good stuff - but I own none of it, and don't ever PLAN to. Things change though.

DLB

This .

Pretty much sums up what I'm trying to get across in my posts. I'm not in any way denying that Apple makes good stuff. I just get a little tweaked I guess when people hit the blinded fanboy mentality that if Apple does it it's groundbreaking and new and the best even if someone else has been doing it for months or years.

Post Thanks / Like

The iPhone 4S is unmatched in the market right now...iOS 5 makes all the difference, combined with mind blowing speed, and long battery life. Also, keep in mid that the 4G Android phones all have one really annoying problem that continues...they chew up battery power like crazy, especially in 4G mode. I've had all sorts of Android phones....and the iPhone 4 is in a class by itself...again, Battery lasts much longer comparatively speaking, and the OS 5 is off the charts. I can't even imagine what the iPhone 5 will be like (next summer)
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I too am waiting for the iPhone 5 but for now I'll take a Nexus Prime.

Also I won't deny the issues with the Android platform. Mine has had issues like IE wouldn't let me answer calls, wouldn't actually ring, the screen getting locked up, and some functions not working. Nothing about it actually made me want to destroy it like I have with my console controllers but at times it can be annoying.

However I must say the system is very simple when you need it too be. I don't have mine weighted down with loads and loads of useless apps. Also IMO you don't have to be a nerd to use it either. This comes down the issue also of Windows/Linux users vs Apple computer users. Windows runs just fine if you're not stupid.

Spec for spec the iPhone 4s is what I wanted but it really left me disappointed when they left out a 4G antenna. And when you're living in a area with 4G LTE service and you're going to be paying the same amount for 3G/4G service anyways why not go for the faster one?

Also the vanilla Google experience has been enjoyed by many and probably ranked as the highest satisfaction in the Android community..and if you get bored just flash a mod you like
    Hello my name is Sean

Post Thanks / Like

This has been one of the best discussion we've had in a long time where everyone voices their opinion and people didn't start acting stupid. Props to everyone involved for being civilized about it all. I for one have learned quite a few things during this discussion about Android based phones and truly appreciate the information. There are great points being made on all platforms discussed. I'm not saying one phone is superior to the next, I have made my personal choice based on my own experience. I'm not really an Apply fanboy either, I just like the phone.

And Bill, how you read it was exactly how I meant it. I'm not looking to run out and buy a new phone everytime one is released just to have the latest and greatest. I'm not going to lie though, that RAZR sure looks tempting!

Dalton, I know products are tested against similar products, it's just that when products are tested against Apple you hear more about it. It's always "Is this an iPhone or iPad killer?" and similar stuff. I just love the fact that we live in a society where we have competition to keep things from getting boring and that we also have the freedom to choose what we want.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    The iPhone 4S is unmatched in the market right now...iOS 5 makes all the difference, combined with mind blowing speed, and long battery life. Also, keep in mid that the 4G Android phones all have one really annoying problem that continues...they chew up battery power like crazy, especially in 4G mode. I've had all sorts of Android phones....and the iPhone 4 is in a class by itself...again, Battery lasts much longer comparatively speaking, and the OS 5 is off the charts. I can't even imagine what the iPhone 5 will be like (next summer)
    Want to rethink that battery statement?
    Poll: How’s your iPhone 4S battery life? | TiPb
    and
    Reviews: Apple iPhone 4S (16GB/32GB/64GB) | iLounge

And if we're going to compare an iPhone to an Android, it should be an apples to apples comparison (3G to 3G), not 3G to 4G. Even then, I can easily get through a day with my Thunderbolt on 4G...and it's blazing fast.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clintb View Post
    and

And if we're going to compare an iPhone to an Android, it should be an apples to apples comparison (3G to 3G), not 3G to 4G. Even then, I can easily get through a day with my Thunderbolt on 4G...and it's blazing fast.
    I was having battery issues with the 4S (but then again I was playing with it all day and showing everyone in the office Siri), however, after letting the battery completely die, then recharging, things are looking better.
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clintb View Post
    Want to rethink that battery statement?
    and

When people get a new phone they are going to use it a LOT more then they would a phone they've had for 6 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

DLB-

I believe it is not the topic but rather the person you are talking with. If you go into a conversation with an open mind, the ability to question your own views, honestly/fairly discuss the topic, and be willing to come away with a different view point than you went in with, anything can be discussed.

Unfortunately it has become commonplace that your aforementioned topics of politics, religion (and other hot button issues) no one has any of the required qualities to make it a discussion. What we end up with is people preaching to each other without listening.

Well said Bill. Now if only I wasn't ignoring what you wrote to blab on about my response, I'd have more to say, hehehhehehe.

Post Thanks / Like

I was having battery issues with the 4S (but then again I was playing with it all day and showing everyone in the office Siri), however, after letting the battery completely die, then recharging, things are looking better.
    And that kind of initial "wow factor" is to be expected, but can you really call that "battery issues", or more appropriately heavy use? Good that you did a calibration of the battery monitoring circuitry.

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    When people get a new phone they are going to use it a LOT more then they would a phone they've had for 6 months.
    True, and I totally agree, but the iLounge review backs up that the iPhone 4S is not getting universally better life than it's predecessor.

In the end does it all really matter? Nah, not as long as the device does what YOU want it to and does so in a reliable manner. I like the iPhone and iOS, but happen to like Android more since I worked at Google and had the opportunity to see it before it was ever released to the public. I also use Google exclusively for email, so I love the tight integration.

I also love Apple products having owned two MacBook Pro's, a Mac Mini, multiple hard drive based iPod's, multiple iPod nano's, and chose a Mac Pro as my desktop when I was at Google.

I pick what suits MY usage the best, be it Apple, Microsoft (not usually), or Android/Google.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast