autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool SEMA - las vegas - "The Duce" transit bus

one of the inexpensive and exciting parts of vegas is riding "The Duce".

if you've ever sat at the mall to people watch while your significant other does some shopping, to have a chuckle, you'll have to ride this bus.

last trip included a the driver ranting over the PA "you all think you can come to vegas and do what you want! like there are no rules in vegas... well guess what! There are more rules here than anywhere! SO when i tell you to sit down, you DO IT!"

he continued this rant as a few passengers fed some fuel to the fire by shouting out "tell it brother!" best part was the driver was laughing about it.

looks like a single day pass is $7 per person. cheap easy way to view all the sights on the strip. not a bad price when you consider a taxi fare to the hotel from the airport is going to be around $20. Tickets can be purchased just West of the Convention Center.

another thing thats funny to do is to mess with the non-english speaking "card poppers"
    If you're ever walking the strip at night, you'll see and hear guys with what look like baseball cards "popping" them and attempting to pass them off to you as you pass. after collecting 3 or 4, mess with the next "popper" and act as if you will only trade your cards if he has one good enough to trade. always good for a laugh.

i'm looking forward to this trip!
    chris<pixelmonkey>

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SEMA - las vegas - "The Duce" transit bus

We have a bus tour here with a heckler tour guide

Memphis Tennessee Music Bus and Walking Tours - Memphis Sightseeing (TN) - Backbeat Tours

When we went to the Fair last month there was a clown @ the Dunk Tank that would insult ppl trying to get them to mess up and not hit the target....either of these jobs would be SUPER FUN IMO
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

The crazy thing about Vegas is how close everything looks, until you attempt to walk to the next hotel... the Deuce is the way to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yakky View Post
    The crazy thing about Vegas is how close everything looks, until you attempt to walk to the next hotel... the Deuce is the way to go.
    That's why I like Fremont Street. Everything is nice and close.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate riding the deuce. I'd rather walk. Its generally slammed packed and I could never get it to stop where I wanted to get off. Walking is much easier. Besides, I like the exercise.
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto, Boat, RV, Motorcycle, Aircraft Detailing
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: SEMA - las vegas - "The Duce" transit bus

Quote Originally Posted by pixelmonkey View Post
    another thing thats funny to do is to mess with the non-english speaking "card poppers"
    If you're ever walking the strip at night, you'll see and hear guys with what look like baseball cards "popping" them and attempting to pass them off to you as you pass. after collecting 3 or 4, mess with the next "popper" and act as if you will only trade your cards if he has one good enough to trade. always good for a laugh.

i'm looking forward to this trip!
    chris<pixelmonkey>
    We watched a younger guy collect all the cards then he stood at the end of the line and started 'popping' them and tried to hand them out. All the people would only take his cards as he was laughing and have fun with the crowd. The locals didn't find any humor in his antics. :lol:

We had a goal to try and talk one of them out of the "Girls direct to your room!" T- shirts that they wear. We thought it would be a nice Vegas souvenier. Then, we thought about how nasty the shirt might actually be.

If you don't have fun in Vegas, it's your own darn fault.

Randy