autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Gold Coast Corvette Club - First Annual Car Show

Gold Coast Corvette Club - First Annual Car Show

This last Sunday, September 4th, 2011 I visited Ron Pabisz, the Vice President of the Gold Coast Corvette Club and checked out some of the exceptional Corvettes at their first car show as a new club sponsored by the PGA National Resort & Spa. Also present at the car show were Corvettes from the Sting Rays Corvette Club as well as street rods from the South East Rod & Customs car club.

First up was Jim Campbell with his 1972 custom Corvette and special guests from the U.S. Marines.

Everyone, young and old loved Jim's Corvette...

50's style display...

Every inch of this 1955 Chevrolet First Series owned by Dave Walker is painted, polished and shined till it blinds you to look at!

This is Ron Pabisz's 2008 Corvette Coupe Edelbrock Eforce Super Charger running about 630 horsepower! The driver's name is Jeffery!

Over 200,000 thousand miles on this 1988 Corvette...

More to come...

Mike Phillips

Re: Gold Coast Corvette Club - First Annual Car Show

Continued...

I'm pretty good about getting pictures... but can't take pictures, talk to people and memorize make, year model, engines size, customizations, owners, etc.

So enjoy the pictures...

This had some pretty wild Can-Am body modification done to it, I'm going to try to contact the owner and have him bring his car down to the Autogeek's Show Car Garage to for a little swirl removal and show car quality paint polishing...

More to come...

Mike Phillips

Just to note while I'm in-between cropping, resizing, uploading and inserting photos into this thread, most people are really good at taking pictures... it's getting them onto the "Internet" in a way that people can see them easily without having to horizontal scroll.

Here's my solution to the issue....

If you're going to be a "Forum Person" on ANY forum, help yourself by learning how to work with picture on the Internet

In the above article you'll find the links to these articles that you can use to teach yourself how to get the pictures out of your camera and onto the Internet so everyone can enjoy them...

How to resize your photos before uploading to a photo gallery - Using Easy Thumbnails

How to upload a photo into your Autogeek Photo Gallery

How to insert an image from your photo gallery into your message

And here's a few more on the topic of photography...

How-To capture swirls, scratches, etchings and other surface defects with your camera

How-to work with pictures on discussion forums

How to crop out the fluff and resize your pictures! - Using FREE online software!

Photobucket and Missing Pictures

Handiest little picture viewer tool I've been using for years now...

We no return you to your regularly scheduled car show thread....

Post Thanks / Like

Great post Mike. Excellent photography as usual. Looks a good time had by all. I saw a few things I need...mirrors to park over and a giraffe wearing a scarf. Must have!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing Mike it's shows like that I miss my Corvette
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

Alot of very nice cars.
    Wny Personal Profressional Detailer

http://v3autodetailing.com/v3autodet...m/Welcome.html

Mike Phillips

Continued...

Big Blocks everyhwere...

My good friend Phil the owner of Snake Road Auto Salvage owns this beautiful 1932 Ford... I met Phil when I asked him if I could buff on "just" some hood on some cars in his salvage yard for the first e-book I wrote for a section on doing Test Spots. And not only did he say yes, he used a frontend loader to pick them up and place them all in one place to make it faster and a heck of a lot easier. (Thanks Phil)

Here's Phil...

Here's Snake Road Auto Salvage - Very clean, well organized and well run.

This shot was taken 180 Degrees from where the above shot was taken, that is I'm behind the building now pretty much parallel to where I was standing in front of the building when I took this shot and you can see the cars that Phil lined up for me. I went out in the yard and picked anything that had pretty good paint on the hood and then placed a large X on the hood using 3M Green Painter's Tape and he brought it to the pavement.

For the "Test Spot" section in the e-book I demonstrate doing test spots with most of the products on the parts cart using DA Polishers that you see carefully resting on the hoods of the demo cars.

I think Phil thought I was crazy at first but then he came out and watched me and we talked and while we were talking I explained the purpose of doing a "Test Spot" and some tips and techniques for polishing paint and I'm happy to say the the finish on his 32 Ford was swirl free even in the bright, Florida sunlight at noon...

Good job Phil

More to come...

Mike Phillips

Continued...

More to come...

Mike Phillips

Continued...

Slotted Mags are my favorite type of wheel... they sure work well on the Vette...

Just the other day ago here on the forum we were talking about magnesium wheel. I asked the guys standing in front of this Mercury if they knew the owner or where he was so I could ask him if these were the real deal or reproductions but couldn't find him.

Here's a vintage ad for Halibrand Magnesium Wheels...

Here's the thread we were talking about magnesium wheels....

How to determine what a wheel is made of ?

Talked to the owner of these sweet 1970 1/2 Split Front Bumper Camaro... we might see it here at our studio in the future...

More to come...

Post Thanks / Like

Really nice pics. Thanks for sharing, Mike. Looks like you had a great day!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast