autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

sry peeps i just need a vent

what i recently learned is that, i cant trust bodymen PERIOD and i need a bodyschool around here somewhere! with my 98 grand prix, the guy failed miserably with the painting and it chipped and cracked away like crazy and the color was way off. my current 01 gtp, the guy left dried paint runs and did a horrible job wet sanding/buffing. now the third guy (yesterday, same car 01 gtp) i wanted him to get rid of old flat touchup paint from the previous owner so i can retouch the correct way and make it level and he burned through the clear but he told me "there wasnt alot of clear on there at all due to excess compounding and wetsanding." meanwhile im screaming, "how the f could that be if this original paint and clear this was never redone" and he said that whoever had it before me used compound overexcessively. seriously i can never own a nice car, i mean granted i do live in the north east and it will get eventually bad cause of the way the weather is here, but i dunno if i should keep bitching about it or not. i mean i only had the car since april and already dropped a grand into the body work/detail just to fix the previous guy's error that was refused to be fixed....

(sry guys just need a vent)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: sry peeps i just need a vent

Sorry about how things turned out for you. I don't blame you for venting...I'd probably want to do more than that.

Hopefully you can find some one to fix this mess.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

well its not as bad as it was but its still there. my dad told me to not worry about it because indeed i am in connecticut and snow/sand/salt and ghettos here are all over so something is probably bound to happen. i was caught up by how nice it is for a 10 year old car with 60k on the clock with not a ding/dent anywhere in sight. and its black. ill post pix once my detail is completed. sux though cause half the summer is over already spent wasting time waiting for others. thx for listening, greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand your frustrations. Happened to my 08 Aura. Had a huge tree limb fall on it, and we took it to a bodyshop that had done excellent work before. We were told two weeks....it was more like two months, and nothing matched. It made us sick to look at. We ended up taking it to another body shop over the summer and had them correct some stuff.
    Kyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugdug View Post
    Anyways, a customer with a hummer asked me if there was a surcharge for his hummer. I said yes, it's an SUV. He said quote "well it's an H3, so it's not really an suv".......