autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Message from Jack at TID

I would like to take this time to finally address all of the members of TID. While this is perhaps slower coming than some would have liked, I ask for understanding of the situation at hand. It has been a very long month. I have spent the past 4-5 weeks dis-mantling PAC. It has been a tough task to say the least. I have likened it to going to a funeral that last for thirty days.

I wanted to reflect on my experience here and all of the friends I have made. The final decision to end PAC as a business was one, while hard to make, was felt necessary for people that had much at stake. Some people agreed and others did not. Ultimately the decision was made and I felt a responsibility to see the task through.

The realities are that when I came to this company, on a business level, it had issues I nor anyone one else involved with the ownership were aware of. Over time and with a steep learning curve, we did make positive changes and we did have some successful additions, Blackfire, Meguiar's, TID, Todd, Angelo as well as some long needed advertising ventures. All of this was not enough to change the tide of the slow economy and the expense of running a business like this.

As to the closing of the business and the and the manufacturers we have all come to know and love, none are being left in the cold, (regardless of what some may say). We are working with all of them to have them paid in full by the end of this month, (a unique concept these days of companies going out of business).

One of the successes we enjoyed was of course Blackfire. Over the course of the past three years we worked very hard to make more people aware of this line of products. I believe, still one of the best available. I have arranged to have a hand in its future and hope to continue to make it a respected line of products in any way I am able. Through an agreement between myself and Palm Beach Motoring Group, I have insured its availability and a viable future. While some may see this as a “cop-out” on my part, it isn't. It was a decision made after much thought and consideration. Should some still choose to believe otherwise, I of course cannot change what people choose to believe. Look at all of the BS on forums today... someone, somewhere, thinks they have all the answers.
    With Todd overseeing the direction and quality of the line, I am confident that with his passion and the tools available to him, the line will only become stronger. Far stronger than I could do by myself.

That brings me to TID. Something I am quite proud of. We grew this community to over 4500 members in a relatively short time. We had very few drama issues, many open product and process discussions and I made one heck of a lot of friends. I probably loved this part of the business the most for the interaction with all of you. It is my understanding that TID will go on hiatus for some time until an ultimate decision can be made as to its future. If you have anything here you want to save, you should get it soon. I hopefully will see some of you down the road, God bless and take care.

The last item I would like to address is I would like to personally thank Max for his support in this incredibly stressful time. While again some may find this weird or self-serving, think what you want. It has been an interesting lesson for me. Max has been one of the most professional and supportive people of anyone I have had to deal with in the past month. I think it comes from the fact that until you own a business like this and truly understand how hard it is to run one, much less be successful at it, that you can fully appreciate and understand the true meaning when one fails. For this I am thankful and have no problem is saying I have new found respect for him.

Again, thank you all, see you down the road and God bless.

jk

Check out the AutoGeek Page on Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Message from Jack at TID

In my opinion the Blackfire line up rivals anything out there and it's good to see that line up will continue. Losing a business is a tough thing to have happen but in the end you have to do what you have to do.

Post Thanks / Like

*stands up slowly and claps*
    Thank you, for everything you've done. And a class act posting.
    Kyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugdug View Post
    Anyways, a customer with a hummer asked me if there was a surcharge for his hummer. I said yes, it's an SUV. He said quote "well it's an H3, so it's not really an suv".......

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic post. you guys were always a pleasure to deal with.

Thanks for everything you brought into the detailing world!

Best of luck to you and the rest of PAC in the future.