autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Bryan Fuller featured tonight on Cafe Racer TV on Discovery's HD Theater

Bryan Fuller featured tonight on Cafe Racer TV on Discovery's HD Theater

Bran sent me an e-mail letting me know he has 4 episodes coming up on Cafe Racer where he'll share how they did an extreme makeover on an all original 1969 Honda CB 750 to create a Cafe Racer.

The first two episodes air tonight at 9:00pm Eastern Time...

Promo Video here...

CafeRacerTV.com

Episodes 3 and 4 will air on Wednesday, August 17th

Details
    Bryan Fuller – Fuller Hotrods

Bryan Fuller is no stranger to cutting things up and making them gleam. Having worked with Chip Foose on a series of one-week custom builds for the TV series “Overhaulin” is no easy feat for any man! In addition to cutting and grinding with the best of them Bryan has also been a co-host for SPEED’s “Two Guys Garage” which is the oldest how-to automotive TV show currently on the air. Combine those elements with the mind to bend metal and chase speed and his talented crew and you’ve got a formula for one heck of a Cafe Racer!

Bike Specifications: Honda CB750
    Frame: Modified stock, Fuller Rear Section
    Subrame: N/A
    Engine: 1969 CB750 w/ 836 Kit
    Carburetion or FI System: CR
    Rear Swing Arm: Custom Fuller, Retains Engine Oil
    Rear Wheel (Size): 5.50-18”
    Front Wheel (Size): 3.50-18”
    Steering Stabilizer: N/A
    Rear Shock(s): Fox
    Clip-Ons or Bars: Custom, Fuller w/ Beringer Controls
    Seat: Custom Aluminum Fuller
    Tank: 1969 CB750 Modified stock, Fuller Custom
    Rear Sets: Custom Fuller
    Radiator: N/A
    Fairings: N/A
    Tires (Sizes): 110/80-19 Front, 180/55-18 Rear
    Exhaust: Custom Fuller w/ Cone Engineering Mufflers
    Paint: JDK w/ Stripping by Papa Studios, Plating & Polishing by Pro Plating Atlanta

I've worked with Bryan for going on 2 years now on Two Guys Garage and he's just as fun in real life as he appears on TV and at the same time 100% professional all the way...

Check him out tonight and in two weeks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bryan Fuller featured tonight on Cafe Racer TV on Discovery's HD Theater

Thanks for the heads-up, Mike!
    I'm not really into the cafe racer thing, but I appreciate superb workmanship in any motorsports endeavor and Brian Fuller definitely belongs in the same sentence with superb workmanship. I've been a fan of "Two Guys" since the original "Shadetree Mechanic" almost 20 years ago. I do miss Sam Memmolo, but the current team of Brian and Kevin is pretty damn good. I'll definitely be doing some DVR programming once I get home tonight.

Bill

P.S. It was your promo spots on "Two Guys" that directed me here two years ago. Keep it up!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike, I have my grandfathers CB400 Hondamatic sitting in the garage. She used to run just fine and then my cousin went down on her and she needs some major work. If I ever get some time and extra cash Ill fix her up but its not in the cards right now.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Jon Leidgen

Post Thanks / Like

DVR already set.

Also set for the regular car shows on Speed and Spike this weekend.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post

I've been a fan of "Two Guys" since the original "Shadetree Mechanic" almost 20 years ago. I do miss Sam Memmolo, but the current team of Brian and Kevin is pretty damn good. I'll definitely be doing some DVR programming once I get home tonight.

Bill

P.S. It was your promo spots on "Two Guys" that directed me here two years ago. Keep it up!

Cool to hear Bill...

I know you probably already know this but in case you don't or for any lurkers reading this forum, Sam and Dave have a new show called Motorhead Garage which is also on Fox Sports Network and it's become incredibly popular. Max just told me today that their show has been picked up for a new 48 week run!

And like Bryan Fuller, I've had the good fortune to work with both Sam and Dave and like you I grew up watching them on TV never even thinking that someday in the future I would have the opportunity to work with them. Here's the link to their TV show site where you can watch past episodes.

Motorhead Garage with Sam Memmolo and Dave Bowman

The below photo was taken on the set after doing a how-to feature for removing swirls with Pinnacle polishes.

Dave Bowman, Mike Phillips and Sam Memmolo

IF you look on the hood just before the windshield on the driver's side you can see where we worked in the classic 1965 Ford Truck...

Motorhead Garage - Machine Polishing with Pinnacle - Episode 7

I remember one night the three of us went out to dinner and man the stories these two can tell are funny, interesting and even eye-opening!

Post Thanks / Like

Of course I watch Motorhead! Heck,it's in the same time slot as "What's in the Garage?", so what could be a more important use for my time at 11:30 AM on Sunday?
    Someday, I hope to meet Sam. My dad was in the car business all his life, starting young as a mechanic, then eventually as a dealer Service Manager until he died. In his declining days, I'd visit him on Sunday mornings and we'd watch "Shadetree" together. Once in a while, he'd point to Sam and say "Now, that guy's a MECHANIC". Coming from my father, I can assure you it was the ultimate compliment, one I only heard two or three other times in my life.
    If I ever cross paths with Sam, I've got to tell him the story. I have a feeling he'll understand.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't believe they cut up that mint condition CB750. They could have cut up an old beater CB750 instead. What a shame.