autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

A Message to My Friends

I just wanted to take a few minutes today to reach out to the forum members on Autogeekonline.net and Autopiaforums.com who I consider my friends. Some of you have questioned my sudden departure and I wanted you to hear it straight from me about where I am now and where I will be going forward.

First, I cannot thank Bob "Max" McKee enough for every opportunity that he has given to me over the years. Although I started at Palm Beach Motoring in January 2007, our friendship dates back further than that as he was a supporter of my efforts with Detail City (now known as Autopia Forums which I strongly support). Max and everyone at PBMG have been a blessing to me and I hope to keep in touch as we are very much past the friends stage, we are family.

Family is very important to me. Eariler this year my dad was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's Disease. While still in the early stages, this is a progressive disease with no cure. I needed to move closer to my parents to see them more often and help them out. I believe it was the right thing for me to do at this time.

Some of you are wondering where I work now. Fortunately the skills I have acquired during my tenure at Palm Beach Motoring has given me the experience and confidence needed to succeed no matter where I go or what I do. My new career is unrelated to car care but I still am in ecommerce.

I would like to congratulate PBMG on the acquisitions of Blackfire USA and also Todd Helme as their Director of Development for Autopia Car Care. Todd and I what you might consider unlikely friends. While hanging out in Las Vegas during the SEMA show we both had a good laugh. "What would the forum guys think? Guys from PAC and Autogeek are actually friends?" Yes, it's true and Todd is a great addition to the team.

So now you guys know why I have left but this certainly isn't goodbye. Once I get settled in my new career and spend some quality time with my family, perhaps I will have some time to participate on the forums yet again.

Until then... Thank you for everything!

Your friend,

Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Message to My Friends

Thank you for the fill in...

I will be praying for your dad's health to stay on a steady healthy (as can be) path... I admire you so much for taking your life and uprooting it to take care of your family!

Ohana (Hawaiian)

Mishpacha (Hebrew)

Both of these words mean FAMILY and that is what drives me and what seems to drive you!

I wish you luck in your ventures!
    Galatians 6:17
    Hello my name is Chris
    www.crownkote.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dwayne, I'm sad to see you leave but obviously it is for a very good reason. I'm so sorry to hear of your fathers diagnosis. I will be sure to remember both of you and the rest of your family in my prayers. Good luck in your current job and thank you so much for everything. Jim and I were just talking about you on the phone the other day. You will be sorely missed until we meet again.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

It is awesome to hear things are looking positive for you. You will be missed.
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto, Boat, RV, Motorcycle, Aircraft Detailing
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Dwayne...So sorry to hear of Father's illness. My prayers go out to you and your family. Thanks for the assistance you gave to me, and my concerns, whenever you were called upon.

Good luck, also, in your new career/job.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Dwayne,

I totally understand and admire the decision you needed to make. Family is most important and I am certain that things will be better for your father having you close by.

Really do look forward to seeing you on the forums down the road as I am sure that everyone would greatly enjoy your input and presence on both forums.

Best of luck to you and your family and hopfully there will be opportunities in the future for you to attend events like DetailFest, so that all of us can spend time with someone that has been so awesome to all of us.
    Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

Dwayne, I will also be praying for your Father and your entire family. While we have only spoken on the phone once, you really took great care of my needs. It was that transaction that made me come to AG for all of my needs. I now feel like family here at AGO.

It is a very noble thing for you to make such a great sacrifice for the love of your family and I am sure you will never regret your decision to do so.

Good luck and I wish you contentment in everything that you do.

Respectfully,

Tuscarora Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Dwayne,

We will cross paths with an infinite number of people throughout or lives and even though we haven't met face to face a friendship has developed. I tip my hat to you for all the help and understand you have offered me and can only wish you the very best.

In my book family is number one and your Dad needs you now. Spend as much time with him in the future and you both will continue to build fond memories and those memories my friend will stay with both of you forever..

Good luck and God be with you....

Respectively,

Bob Genovesi

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Dwayne -
    Many positive thoughts are with you for making what had to be a tough decision. Family is and should be our first priority and as a son your presence at this time in your father's life will make a difference. ALS is a horrific disease and no one can imagine what it is like unless they have seen its effect.

You will be sorely missed here on the AG forum and I hope you stop in once in awhile to say Hi. Thanks for all you contributed to this forum.

Best wishes to you and your family.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Dwayne, I have never worked with you directly, but you are very highly regarded by a lot of people I trust and respect on this forum. May you find success and happiness where ever life takes you.
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast