autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

AutoGeek OWNS autopia, imo

Hey guys,

I was just browsing around on Autopia and to me, it just seems that AutoGeek is way more organized, friendly, and professional.

For one, the product lines and the amount of products that AutoGeek provides is far superior to Autopia's few products here and there.

Likewise, here at AutoGeek, we have constant interaction with the people at the warehouse. Likewise, I feel that there are more people that are loyal to AutoGeek, contributing to trusted advice from the top detailers.

Finally, after searching through a few of their threads at Autopia, the members of AutoGeek are just plain nicer and more friendly. The few threads that I did read over there were characteristic of flaming and acting "above" the other members simply for asking a question.

Maybe it's just me, but I LOVE AUTOGEEK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for noticing!

There are a ton of guys and gals here ready to help anyone out. This seems to be alot better than just telling them to use the "Search" tool.

And no, it's just not you. There's a reason that there are so many joining up over here!
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Well thank you for the compliments. But I think one thing we need to keep in mind is this forum is for members who use Autogeek products, and we are more geared to a family environment. Autopia is a forum that covers all aspects of detailing and a lot more topics then we do. Max and David are good personal friends who both have well running forums. We are very happy to be where we are today with this forum, it hasn't even been a year yet and this forum is filled full of great information.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great comment Meghan!! The new guy I can understand some....kinda surprised at Justins though.
    Ric
    HOGtailing is my business

Detailing at the Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. I hate to be the one who drinks the Cool-Aid, but I prefer AG over Autopia any day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, guys, don't get me wrong. They offer a lot of information and I am in no way bashing or bad mouthing, but I just thought I'd share that the AG community is much more family-oriented. Being in just my third month as a member, I feel VERY welcomed. I don't have this sense on Autopia, that's all.

Post Thanks / Like
    I almost made a thread about this the other day, but didn't want to bring them into this forum. I LOVE this forum because no one "bashes" anyone for making a mistake, trying something new and different, asking dumb questions, etc. etc. That's what I think autopia really struggles with. There is wayyyyyy too much negative criticism over there. I know they have many more members, but this fourm has PURE positive feedbacks, and only and all good information.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am alittle surprised at Justin's comments as well considering what just happened to him over there.

I actually love both AG and Autopia forums. I find them to have great people with wealths of information and I visit both as much as I do the other. One thing that you have to keep in mind is that Autopia is huge and brings with them all types of folks with different opinions. Trust me...there is no "bashing" on Autopia. Sure people can be vocal about what products that they love. However, I can honestly say that as being a moderator over there that bashing of other forum members is one thing that WILL NOT be tolerated.

Bambo2888 I am sorry that you didn't feel welcome over on Autopia. Its actually one of the first times that I have heard of someone expressing that opinion of it.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx

Bambo2888 I am sorry that you didn't feel welcome over on Autopia. Its actually one of the first times that I have heard of someone expressing that opinion of it.
    Granted, the "welcome" wasn't like AG's, but it's not even that. It's me reading through previous threads of people simply saying "use the seach feature", "the search is your friend", "why can't people just use the search instead of asking dumb questions". It's remarks like these that make me happier here. I would be afraid to ask questions there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx
    I am alittle surprised at Justin's comments as well considering what just happened to him over there.

I actually love both AG and Autopia forums. I find them to have great people with wealths of information and I visit both as much as I do the other. One thing that you have to keep in mind is that Autopia is huge and brings with them all types of folks with different opinions. Trust me...there is no "bashing" on Autopia. Sure people can be vocal about what products that they love. However, I can honestly say that as being a moderator over there that bashing of other forum members is one thing that WILL NOT be tolerated.

Ric
    HOGtailing is my business

Detailing at the Dog

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast