autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I have heard conflicting stories about Meguiar's Hyper Dressing, some say it's been discontinued, others say its just in short supply at the moment. I love this stuff so much that I'm hedging my bets and stocking up on it.

This is the pre-diluted version of Hyper Dressing, gallon bottles sell for $140 - $170 each in Australia and are virtually unobtainable at the moment. These two bottles, along with the remainder of my 32oz bottle of concentrate should last me quite a while.

I also took an opportunity to stock up on Gyeon Glass and Gyeon Bathe while they were on sale. Both are excellent products.
    I've still got a half bottle of Bathe+ on the shelf, back from when I was playing with Wetcoat. It's probably about 3 years old, any idea of the shelf life? If I remember right with the +, you wash a panel or two at a time, then rinse straight away, to leave a Wetcoat like coating.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I've still got a half bottle of Bathe+ on the shelf, back from when I was playing with Wetcoat. It's probably about 3 years old, any idea of the shelf life? If I remember right with the +, you wash a panel or two at a time, then rinse straight away, to leave a Wetcoat like coating.

Not sure to be honest. The manufacture/expiration date may be printed on the bottom of the bottle like Carpro do.

If in doubt, then just use it for wheels.

I have actually been using up dud soaps to clean out my wheely bin after it's been emptied each week. Got rid of the better part of a 32oz bottle of the useless P&S Pearl. I'm now running out my stock of NV Snow+.

3. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So wanted some new felts for IK foam pro 12. The repair packs come with 20 felts. I thought you would need multiple in replacing but you only need one….. I now have 60. Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Where I ordered had a nice sale and if you spent $100 you get free shipping…….. we all know how we hate to pay shipping…..

So order a gasket repair kit as well to have on hand.

Want to replace my all grit gaurds with Dirtlocks so got a couple.

Got an Autofiber hand held clay disc. Also a couple of their tire applicators as I enjoy using there saver applicators to apply.

An IK sprayer to see if I want more Kwazars or move to these. Kwazar will probably win out due to size.

Lastly a gallon of Hole shot from shine supply. It’s for Off Road vehicles but talk to SS a while ago and said it would be a good TFR. Half the price of BH if it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes Big Dave, DFB, chilly, dgage, Bosko and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I get them before anyone else. Expect Sandro to receive them as well.
    Just watched your video on Darkside.

I have to say, I see a lot of similarities between Darkside and Gyeon Q2 Tire in terms of look and application. It looked like it remained greasy even after curing like Q2 Tire.

I also have to wonder why Carpro would bother sending a pump action applicator when it clearly didn't work with the Darkside product. They do the same thing with Perl, supplying it with a trigger sprayer that can't actually spray Perl undiluted. Why they don't simply supply a pop-top lid is beyond me.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure to be honest. The manufacture/expiration date may be printed on the bottom of the bottle like Carpro do.

If in doubt, then just use it for wheels.

I have actually been using up dud soaps to clean out my wheely bin after it's been emptied each week. Got rid of the better part of a 32oz bottle of the useless P&S Pearl. I'm now running out my stock of NV Snow+.
    No expiry date, but it has been sitting at the back of the shelf in the dark. I could give it a test on the lawn mower, I know you'll want pics when I'm done.

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard conflicting stories about Meguiar's Hyper Dressing, some say it's been discontinued, others say its just in short supply at the moment. I love this stuff so much that I'm hedging my bets and stocking up on it.
    Griot's talked about the silicone supply situation in a recent video. I'll try to find the clip.

9. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The clip from Griot's talking about silicone supply:Griot's Garage LIVE: New Product Launch - YouTube

11. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    No expiry date, but it has been sitting at the back of the shelf in the dark. I could give it a test on the lawn mower, I know you'll want pics when I'm done.

It would be rude of you not to show pics of a detailed lawn mower!

13. Likes Big Dave, dgage, opie, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    The clip from Griot's talking about silicone supply:Griot's Garage LIVE: New Product Launch - YouTube
    Thanks for that, I had previously heard silicone was in short supply.

Some have said that Hyper Dressing was done/discontinued, others said it was just on backorder due to the shortages.

I have come to love Hyper Dressing, it's one of those products that does its job so well without much fanfare, in Australia at least. I have also tried Koch Chemie Motorplast, it's good but not as good as Hyper Dressing. Another that comes close is P&S Shape Up.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that, I had previously heard silicone was in short supply.

Some have said that Hyper Dressing was done/discontinued, others said it was just on backorder due to the shortages.

I have come to love Hyper Dressing, it's one of those products that does its job so well without much fanfare, in Australia at least. I have also tried Koch Chemie Motorplast, it's good but not as good as Hyper Dressing. Another that comes close is P&S Shape Up.
    Amongst a bunch of catalogues we got yesterday, I spied this. I might go out and get some to try out, because, why not.

16. Likes Bosko, DFB, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 868 of 936 FirstFirst ... 368768818858859860861862863864865866867868869870871872873874875876877878918 ... LastLast