autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

I bought some round "microfiber" applicators at an auto parts place a few years ago

I think they were Viking brand

I don't know if it was the fabric or the edge stitching but SOMETHING scratched the paint on my Audi TT

I have also bought the Megs brand ones and a few machine washes and they are rags

I don't skimp on microfiber applicators anymore

No, I wont pay $9 for one but I wouldn't buy a generic one at the dollar store either, at least if it's going on my paint

I trust the AF and MT brands

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I bought some round "microfiber" applicators at an auto parts place a few years ago

I think they were Viking brand

I don't know if it was the fabric or the edge stitching but SOMETHING scratched the paint on my Audi TT

I have also bought the Megs brand ones and a few machine washes and they are rags

I don't skimp on microfiber applicators anymore

No, I wont pay $9 for one but I wouldn't buy a generic one at the dollar store either, at least if it's going on my paint

I trust the AF and MT brands
    Those Blue large applicators I only use to apply leather conditioner on seats. They’re not made good enough to use on paint unless you were trying to remove a scratch by hand.

But the white ones are. Keep in mind they’re always brand new when I apply lsp with them.

3. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Those Blue large applicators I only use to apply leather conditioner on seats. They’re not made good enough to use on paint unless you were trying to remove a scratch by hand.

But the white ones are. Keep in mind they’re always brand new when I apply lsp with them.
    I wasn't aiming at you

Sorry I came off that way

Peace

5. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I wasn't aiming at you

Sorry I came off that way

Peace
    It’s all good because I totally agree, use the wrong applicators and your work is trashed.

It actually took me a very long time until I reached the point where I came to trust those white applicators. I was down to lsp on a vehicle and had nothing else to use but 1 of those that was brand new so I had no better choice. It ended up exceeding expectations and I’ve been using them on paint ever since.

Prior to that I would only like to use the Meguiars foam applicators, but they’re difficult to keep clean and when you’re out of fresh ones you can’t exactly buy them locally, at least not here.

7. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    It’s all good because I totally agree, use the wrong applicators and your work is trashed.

It actually took me a very long time until I reached the point where I came to trust those white applicators. I was down to lsp on a vehicle and had nothing else to use but 1 of those that was brand new so I had no better choice. It ended up exceeding expectations and I’ve been using them on paint ever since.

Prior to that I would only like to use the Meguiars foam applicators, but they’re difficult to keep clean and when you’re out of fresh ones you can’t exactly buy them locally, at least not here.
    I like the real Megs foam ones too but as you say you better plan ahead

I’m waiting until I need to order and I’m switching over to the new style microfiber with the barrier

Very smart design

I almost feel like I need to wring out applicators over the product bottle cause there is more in the applicator than on the paint

I tried just putting the whole damp applicator in a freezer bag so I could just keep going with a tiny bit of product the next time around but I was worried about the sealant losing it’s mojo so I stopped doing that

I will leave my 303 applicator in a bag and that seems fine

I like the el cheapo ones for interior dressing and such as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Bought these at 2 different places, it's good working again, having disposable income. I bought the cordless polisher because it's a drag running the extension cable and keeping it away from the paint when I want to correct just a small area, I know, first world problem. The digital inflator was because connecting my old compressor to the car battery is just plain annoying as well. The applicators and cleaning mop refills were just extras I wanted.Post Your Unpacking Pictures-psx_20211204_134515-jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

10. Likes dgage, Eldorado2k, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Bought these at 2 different places, it's good working again, having disposable income. I bought the cordless polisher because it's a drag running the extension cable and keeping it away from the paint when I want to correct just a small area, I know, first world problem. The digital inflator was because connecting my old compressor to the car battery is just plain annoying as well. The applicators and cleaning mop refills were just extras I wanted.Post Your Unpacking Pictures-psx_20211204_134515-jpg

Right on DavePost Your Unpacking Pictures

12. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the air inflator, very touchy trigger, it's sort of a downfall for me.
    Also what size battery do you have for the polisher?

The reason I ask, is I'm a big Ryobi fan and have around 20 of their tools.

Some tools eat through batteries like mad!!
    I have a feeling the polisher is going to be one of them, my angle grinder goes through batteries every 5 minutes and that is with the 4.0 AH battery

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    I have the air inflator, very touchy trigger, it's sort of a downfall for me.
    Also what size battery do you have for the polisher?

The reason I ask, is I'm a big Ryobi fan and have around 20 of their tools.

Some tools eat through batteries like mad!!
    I have a feeling the polisher is going to be one of them, my angle grinder goes through batteries every 5 minutes and that is with the 4.0 AH battery
    I have 2 X 5.0AH batteries, after I test with them, I may need to get a 6.0 depending on how they last. Amongst my Ryobi tools I have the big Edge Trimmer and the Blower, I can do the edges for the front and back lawn, and blow the grass off the paths and still have about a third of the charge left. So I'm hoping the 5.0s may be enough.

15. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 X 5.0AH batteries, after I test with them, I may need to get a 6.0 depending on how they last. Amongst my Ryobi tools I have the big Edge Trimmer and the Blower, I can do the edges for the front and back lawn, and blow the grass off the paths and still have about a third of the charge left. So I'm hoping the 5.0s may be enough.

That should be enough to do a car I imagine.

When I bought the Ryobi Vac I started with a 1.5 AH and it ran 45 seconds and died.....LOL

17. Likes Big Dave liked this post
Page 820 of 932 FirstFirst ... 320720770810811812813814815816817818819820821822823824825826827828829830870920 ... LastLast