autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 934 of 934 FirstFirst ... 434834884924925926927928929930931932933934
Results 9,331 to 9,336 of 9336
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I just ordered Esential Washer 4.0 40 degree tip with nozzle guard for $9.99
    Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Curious how this will perform on your ryobi pw. You do get to a point where your pump is maxed out and opening up the orifice no longer increases flow but pressure still takes a hit. From what I've seen the general consensus is around the 3.0-3.5 mark on the ryobi unit you have. But if you're just using it for rinsing off soap then I don't see an issue.
    Are you guys using a calculator like this to see what size orifice you need?

Nozzle Size Calculator | PowerWash.com

Is the orifice size it calculates supposed to duplicate the OEM nozzle?

Are you supposed to enter the values for PSI and GPM that the manufacturer claims or are you supposed to buy a gauge for PSI and do a bucket test for GPM

Just curious about all this as I never ventured any further than the tips that came with the various PWs I have owned over the years

2. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post

Are you supposed to enter the values for PSI and GPM that the manufacturer claims or are you supposed to buy a gauge for PSI and do a bucket test for GPM

Just curious about all this as I never ventured any further than the tips that came with the various PWs I have owned over the years
    I’ve been going off this one.

But the one you just posted is even better.

As far as the orifice size, yes it’s ideal to go by what it says for optimal performance that matches the stats on your pressure washer but in our case there’s times where we want more water flow at the sacrifice of pressure.

On the other hand, you don’t want to use a nozzle with too small of an orifice on a pressure washer that’s higher powered because it won’t provide enough flow for the pressure it pumps out and will stress the pump.

4. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Curious how this will perform on your ryobi pw. You do get to a point where your pump is maxed out and opening up the orifice no longer increases flow but pressure still takes a hit. From what I've seen the general consensus is around the 3.0-3.5 mark on the ryobi unit you have. But if you're just using it for rinsing off soap then I don't see an issue.
    We’ll see. Worst case scenario it sprays like a garden hose? Lol. I still wouldn’t complain since I could still use the normal 2.0 White nozzle for pre rinse, but I’d like more water flow for post wash rinse.

6. Likes chilly, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a buddy that runs a pw business and he told me about manipulating flow through orifice size. Those calculators are helpful but they do not take into consideration the limits of pumps. They're mostly for commercial units that flow very well.

What kind of pw do you have chilly? IIRC you said it was a greenworks that came with a uberflex hose?

Is this the one?

Amazon.com

8. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a buddy that runs a pw business and he told me about manipulating flow through orifice size. Those calculators are helpful but they do not take into consideration the limits of pumps. They're mostly for commercial units that flow very well.

What kind of pw do you have chilly? IIRC you said it was a greenworks that came with a uberflex hose?

Is this the one?

Amazon.com
    No, that is the model I had 2-3 years ago that I hated because there was a lag of a second or two from when you pulled the trigger and when it spooled up and made pressure

Your foam cannon sat there slobbering like a mad cow and it wasted lots of soap

That was one of the reasons I upgraded to this model

2700-PSI 2.3 GPM Electric Pressure Washer | Greenworks Tools

The motor is always on and flow and power are instantaneous

It is brushless and claims it compensates for whatever nozzle you use and adjusts flow and pressure

I have no idea if that is true but it doesn't lack power or flow as long as my house water pressure is adequate, and that hasn't been a problem

At this point I was just wondering about a reduced pressure and increased flow 40 degree nozzle so I am a bit more dialed down for the car with PPF

10. Likes SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No, that is the model I had 2-3 years ago that I hated because there was a lag of a second or two from when you pulled the trigger and when it spooled up and made pressure

Your foam cannon sat there slobbering like a mad cow and it wasted lots of soap

That was one of the reasons I upgraded to this model

2700-PSI 2.3 GPM Electric Pressure Washer | Greenworks Tools

The motor is always on and flow and power are instantaneous

It is brushless and claims it compensates for whatever nozzle you use and adjusts flow and pressure

I have no idea if that is true but it doesn't lack power or flow as long as my house water pressure is adequate, and that hasn't been a problem

At this point I was just wondering about a reduced pressure and increased flow 40 degree nozzle so I am a bit more dialed down for the car with PPF
    You should be fine with a 4.0 nozzle. 4.5 if you want to play it super safe.

12. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
Page 934 of 934 FirstFirst ... 434834884924925926927928929930931932933934