autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 932 of 932 FirstFirst ... 432832882922923924925926927928929930931932
Results 9,311 to 9,315 of 9315
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Don’t reveal the secrets dude…Post Your Unpacking Pictures
    OOPS!!!

My sorry....

2. Likes Eldorado2k, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno about those nozzle guards, they seem kinda gimmicky… I’m sure the guy who came up with them is counting his money right now but cmon. Lol.
    on top if flying off, all it takes is one time that you accidently smack the paint (or wheels when you are up close to rinse the barrels) with those small typical jagged nozzles and cause damage. IMO, nozzle guards are a must have if you use a pressure washer to wash the car. better safe than sorry...
    i am the jump starter.

4. Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    on top if flying off, all it takes is one time that you accidently smack the paint (or wheels when you are up close to rinse the barrels) with those small typical jagged nozzles and cause damage. IMO, nozzle guards are a must have if you use a pressure washer to wash the car. better safe than sorry...
    I look at it like you should never be getting too close to any part of a vehicle with a pressure washer, so the odds of not only coming close, but to actually hitting the vehicle with the tip of the gun as slim to none.

I think there’s a much better chance of hitting the paint with a garden hose nozzle and that’s never even come close to happening.

I’m more afraid of the center piece of 1 of the tips shooting out like a bullet as described in several of the 1 star reviews. Now that seems like a legit concern if you somehow wound up with a defective tip.

6. Likes chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually think any less pressure would defeat the whole purpose of using a pressure washer.

Not to mention when I 1st put my hand near the spray pattern when I 1st connected my stubby gun I was shocked at how gentle it felt. So shocked that I immediately connected the stock rifle and did some tests just to make sure the gun wasn’t causing a loss of pressure. Fortunately it wasn’t.

I also made the mistake of putting my hand up to it when I connected the turbo nozzle the 1st day I used it and you best believe I won’t be doing that ever again!Post Your Unpacking Pictureslol.

I dunno about those nozzle guards, they seem kinda gimmicky… I’m sure the guy who came up with them is counting his money right now but cmon. Lol.

1 thing I love about the pressure washer gun is not having to deal with that stiff dial on my garden hose nozzle everytime I want to shut the water off. Now all I have to do is let go of the trigger. I’m also glad I didn’t settle for a cheaper gun because I heard the cheaper ones require more tension to hold the trigger down, which can get your hand tired while using it.
    Those turbo nozzles are no joke. Can you believe some people attempt to use that on their paint? My brother was using the 0* nozzle (red) to clean the wheels and tires on his truck and it literally started removing the black pigment of the tire. I asked him if he was trying to get some white walls, then he looked at me all confused. Then I pointed out the whitening on the tire and he was shocked

Dialing back the pressure through using a larger size orifice is merely a suggestion that a lot of people do to get a little more flow. If you're satisfied with the way it performs with what you have then by all means keep it that way. There is no point in fixing what isn't broken.

8. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Those turbo nozzles are no joke. Can you believe some people attempt to use that on their paint? My brother was using the 0* nozzle (red) to clean the wheels and tires on his truck and it literally started removing the black pigment of the tire. I asked him if he was trying to get some white walls, then he looked at me all confused. Then I pointed out the whitening on the tire and he was shocked

Dialing back the pressure through using a larger size orifice is merely a suggestion that a lot of people do to get a little more flow. If you're satisfied with the way it performs with what you have then by all means keep it that way. There is no point in fixing what isn't broken.
    You make a valid point. I totally see what you mean as today I noticed that my post wash rinse was going a bit slow. The good thing is tips are interchangeable, so you can choose a larger orifice white tip while not sacrificing a higher pressure orange tip which I currently like for cleaning wheels & tires. Thanks for the advice, I’ll look into a 3.0 white tip to use for general rinsing.

Speaking of the Turbo nozzle, I actually tested it for a second on a tire today just to see from a safe distance, it was already clean and I didn’t even spray tire cleaner on it, I just wanted to get a feel for how far one could safely rinse a wheel & tire with the turbo nozzle attached as I’ve seen some videos of people using it and I was curious. I didn’t come close enough for anything noteworthy to add + they were already clean.

10. Likes SNP209 liked this post
Page 932 of 932 FirstFirst ... 432832882922923924925926927928929930931932