autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 952 of 952 FirstFirst ... 452852902942943944945946947948949950951952
Results 9,511 to 9,520 of 9520
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Having ran the updated wide-mouth MTM foam cannon for a few months now, there is only one problem I have encountered, something I actually discovered very quickly.

I use a foam cannon with either soap or Brake Buster for wheel cleaning. I'm also seated when cleaning wheels, the stool and bucket on wheels so I can shuffle from wheel to wheel without getting up. This will sound like a first world problem, but with a bucket full of water and tools, there was nowhere to put the foam cannon when not in use. That was until Maxshine and MTM started offering a bracket to hang the foam cannon from the bucket. This of course was the perfect solution.

Having searched for something like that for ages, I even considered having one made for me, you can imagine my disappointment when I discovered the updated MTM bottle and cap arrangement is not compatible with either the Maxshine or MTM bracket. :doh

I can't see how an updated version would work considering the lack of clearance between the foam cannon body and the black adaptor cap. So, I've been back to fumbling from wheel to wheel managing the stool, the pressure washer gun/hose, bucket and foam cannon.

My latest idea involves a foam cannon wall bracket that I spotted online.

Amazon.com

These work different to regular quick connect fittings in that they a simple push to engage-release rather than pulling down the outer sleeve. I can't link a video, but the Amazon listing has a video showing it in action. These are actually very slick, way more precise than the budget price would indicate.

The plan is to mount the bracket to my detailing stool, which will have the foam cannon resting between my legs for quick and easy retravel. I think this should work, but like anything, it will be a case of trial and error.

Post Thanks / Like

Some nice things….

Preludio Twins

Panel prep

Been hearing good stuff about this.

Leather protection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes Big Dave, chilly, DFB, MisterSnoop, ttopak and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A few goodies for a customer and a new toy for me. Time to go cordless.

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought myself a set of Knipex pincers to help remove nails from the pallets I've been breaking down. The set at work have gone missing, and while I made do with a claw hammer, I was snapping some of the nail heads using it. Hopefully this will help out.

Just a moment...

6. Likes Big Dave, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Latest haul............................

8. Likes Big Dave, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post

Have you used the OG Drying Aid before?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msharpe785 View Post
    Have you used the OG Drying Aid before?
    I've been using since it was released in mid 2021.

OG Drying Aid is manufactured by B&B Blending, the product itself is a catalog item offered by B&B and is called "Slipstream". OG then bottle it themselves in 32-oz and gallon formats. Ethos, Adam's and Xtreame Solutions each sell a variation on this formula, I have no doubt there are many others out there. At its core, this is a polymer spray sealant and is compatible with waxes, sealants and ceramic coatings, while being safe to use on paint, glass, plastic and rubber trims.

So why would you buy the OG version when its essentially the same basic product as Ethos Pro Shine or Adam's Slick & Slide? Product stability.

Something OG found when trialing this product was the colorant was staining bottles and leaving color residue. They decided to remove the color and scent from the formula to improve the stability of the product. Using the Ethos and Adam's versions, you can see where this concern was coming from by the residue left inside the bottle.

In the near three years using the OG version, I have not noticed the above happening, so clearly they were onto something. That said, the lack of scent does take away some of the sensory pleasure of using a product like this, in that regard, the tropical scents of Pro Shine and Slick & Slide certainly have appeal.

Forgetting the brand names and differentiating aspects, "Slipstream" in any form is supremely easy to apply with little to no streaking potential. While they don't quite match Bead Maker for gloss and slickness, they are not far behind. They also don't seem to attract and hold dust either. Rather than the stark and glass-like gloss created by ceramic spray sealants, these products have a warmer wax-like tone to them, likewise the slick feeling.

I know OG is not everyone's cup of tea, hence highlighting the alternative avenues to get this product.

12. Thanks Karl_in_Chicago thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, Karl_in_Chicago liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

New stuff that arrived this week

Post Your Unpacking Pictures-labo2-jpg

Post Your Unpacking Pictures-carzilla2-jpg

Post Your Unpacking Pictures-rag-cpmpany2-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Unpacking Pictures-labo2-jpg  

14. Likes Big Dave, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what happens when you say “I want one of everything”!

With the exception of the coatings (no current need), iron remover (they’re basically all the same) and the tyre cleaner (it was sold out), this is one of everything Armour Detail Supply makes.

16. Likes Big Dave, Gridlink liked this post
Page 952 of 952 FirstFirst ... 452852902942943944945946947948949950951952