autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Not all detail related but car related. Got a Noco genius 10 trickle charger for the chevelle.

Liked it better than the Ctek as it will charge more types of battery. Things a tank, built well.

Diode dynamics black out side marker kit for the Camaro.

A wand for my MTM stubby. Don’t know if i need it but why not.

Scangrip diffuser. Based off of [mention]The Guz [/mention] review of the Gyeon light i figured it would help fix the high spot issues.

Before I go spending $150 for a light i’ll use 4-5 times every two years, figured I try a cheap hack first.

Diffuser was $19 dollars and i’m gonna tape it to my Arclusa CRI 1000 cob led work light. Test it out last night think it’s gonna work well and i can put the money towards a mini polisher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    I also have the "older" style GG Glass Towels and thought they were the best I ever used for cleaning glass - though I do wish they were a little larger. I used the new "Crinkle" Glass towels yesterday. Sprayed some Sonax Glass Cleaner (which happens to be excellent, btw) and these seem to more easily grab up and encapsulate the dirt/dust on the glass more effectively than the older versions. Use the other side to give a remove any steaking and shine up the glass.
    Time saver over the older version? Maybe just slightly, but unless you are in a glass cleaning contest, it doesn't matter. But it is a noticeably better product. I just may order another set.

The mitts? Meh, not so impressed. I think they are smaller than they appear or at least what I remembered I saw in the pics. They are certainly thinner than what I was expecting. Sooooooo, I dipped them into my wheel bucket with some GG Brilliant Rinseless Wash and set out to clean the wheels. Since they are relatively thin, the cleaning ability relies on a heavier hand and repeated swipes. They may be beneficial if you want to get on the backside of the spokes, but depending upon spacing, you just may not be able to get your fingertips in there anyhow. And for that reason, these are not effective on the wheel hubs. You certainly can't use these for the lugs. So, after one wheel these sat at the bottom of the bucket and I used a boar's head brush and wheel woolies to make quick and better work of it. I'll figure out some use for theses mitts; it just won't be to clean my wheels.
    Yeah I got maybe 8 of those older glass towels when they were on sale. I don’t need more but will probably order some anyways. Thanks for the heads up on the mitts.

4. Thanks bob m thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    What’s that triangle thing and where did you order all the work stuff brushes?
    triangle thing is ANALAN Mini Pet Hair Remover. Got this and the brushes from Amazon.

6. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beastliness for this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

So decided to give some BlackFire products a try. Used the iron remover today and would say it performed, well at least purpled as well as IronX

Use the paint prep tomorrow.

Got the S&A protectant for shows Post Your Unpacking Pictures

9. Likes ttopak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I took a trip to my local candy store, aka Detailer's Domain, here in NJ and picked up a few trinkets. Getting ready for some detail work in the upcomings weeks - just in time for pollen season....

Post Your Unpacking Pictures-thumbnail_img_7048-jpg

11. Likes PaulMys, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had the opportunity to visit when I lived in NJ. I used to go to PAL Automotive in Piscataway. Got my Cyclo there.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I wish I had the opportunity to visit when I lived in NJ. I used to go to PAL Automotive in Piscataway. Got my Cyclo there.
    Yeah, it's great shop. Phil is super busy, but makes time to answer a bunch of dumb questions by yours truly..but then again, I am spending coin; win-win for both of us.

My car was the poor man's ride there. In shop I saw a Lamborghini, Audi R8, a Porsche and forgetting what else. Then again, at this stage in my life, my 2021 CX-5 is my Rolls.

14. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I may have to check it out at some point but that's much further north in NJ than I usually go.

Since I have to get some of my car repainted, I thought it was time to invest in this now.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe check out PAL if you're in Central Jersey
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Page 804 of 934 FirstFirst ... 304704754794795796797798799800801802803804805806807808809810811812813814854904 ... LastLast