autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanolex Paint Sealant

Has anyone here tried this paint sealant product from Nanolex?

Not sure if this link will work but I'll try:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2xM_cQKpNo]YouTube - ‪nanolex‬‏[/video]

Quoted from their website:
    "Nanolex nanotechnology sealants are hightech - long-term surface sealants for all painted (lacquered) surfaces - cars, motorcycles, boats, aeroplanes, motor homes, etc.
    With this protection dust and light dirt will simply come off in rain. Insect remains are much easier to remove.
    Various tests have shown that the sealant has very high durability lasting to 18 months if the car is washed by hand only (using pH-neutral shampoo).
    Our nanotechnology sealants are not cleaning fluids or polishes, but a transparent microfilm, that attaches itself to the surface being sealed, making it smoother and so decreases the angle for materials that come into contact with it. The so-called Lotus-effect is thus achieved.
    Surfaces sealed with Nanolex repel water, oil and dirt, have antistatic characteristics and protect against chemical and biological damage. Water, oil and dirt can be removed easily, but if the car is very dirty it can be cleaned with a high pressure hose and a microfiber cloth.
    The coating is exceptionally long lasting - when applied in accordance with our guidelines the car is protected for 2+ years"

The product is definitely interesting.
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanolex Paint Sealant

Here's another product they offer (Fabric Sealant):

Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

The fabric sealant has a similar effect as 303 High Tech Fabric Guard. I'd be curious to know if one is easier to use.
    Philippe

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Opticoat and Cquartz seem to be similar "coating" systems.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

These products sound nice. But are just not worth the sales price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slimnib View Post
    These products sound nice. But are just not worth the sales price.
    Actually considering that you don't need to wax for another 2 years it's worth it...30ml bottle of Cquartz can do 2 cars (painwork and trim)...
    But then agin, it's all relevant...I showed this website to my cousin who wanted some detailing products for his new Lexus, and he thought, Wow, this is expensive. But he spends $300+ a night on hotels, which IMO are NOT worth it...heck, I think even $100 a night is expensive...
    Then I got another relative that spent $150k on vacations in the past 5 years, yet is driving $200 Toyota Tercel...I've never taken vacations in my life (heck, I didn't even go on my honeymoon and I'm proud of it) and got a $75k X5...
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by supercharged View Post
    Actually considering that you don't need to wax for another 2 years it's worth it...30ml bottle of Cquartz can do 2 cars (painwork and trim)...
    But then agin, it's all relevant...I showed this website to my cousin who wanted some detailing products for his new Lexus, and he thought, Wow, this is expensive. But he spends $300+ a night on hotels, which IMO are NOT worth it...heck, I think even $100 a night is expensive...

Then I got another relative that spent $150k on vacations in the past 5 years, yet is driving $200 Toyota Tercel...I've never taken vacations in my life (heck, I didn't even go on my honeymoon and I'm proud of it) and got a $75k X5...
    From what I read on this forum, most of the people here are not going to wait two years to wax their car( most of them will not wait three months), no matter what they pay for the top coat.

I was always told that the shine comes from the polish, not the wax, so the look of the car does not come from this ultra expensive wax. All it does is ( maybe) his protect the car better.
    I do not even believe that, after reading the story about the water stain.

If it turns you on buy expensive stuff then, you should go for the
    1,500 paste wax ( the name escapes me)

It is really none of my business, but it hurts me to see people throw money about.
    You really compare a BMW or a great hotel room to this stuff.

However, use it well.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=slimnib;470481]From what You really compare a BMW or a great hotel room to this stuff.
    QUOTE]

To each his own.

Post Thanks / Like

In EVERYONE'S case..its simple...it not how much it cost in the end..its what is it worth to YOU. We all binge now and then and can not justify the cost to anyone but ourselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slimnib View Post
    From what I read on this forum, most of the people here are not going to wait two years to wax their car( most of them will not wait three months), no matter what they pay for the top coat.

I was always told that the shine comes from the polish, not the wax, so the look of the car does not come from this ultra expensive wax. All it does is ( maybe) his protect the car better.
    I do not even believe that, after reading the story about the water stain.

If it turns you on buy expensive stuff then, you should go for the
    1,500 paste wax ( the name escapes me)

It is really none of my business, but it hurts me to see people throw money about.
    You really compare a BMW or a great hotel room to this stuff.

However, use it well.
    Most of the looks (90%+) will come from properly prepped paintwork. That means lots of polishing depending on paint and condition it is in...Just applying a coat of expensive wax won't change much...now after all that hard work is completed you do want to apply a coat of somthing that will last so your hard work will be appreciated longer...and even thought a lot of people (myself included) like to wax their cars once every 3 months or so, I want a coat of ultra durable sealant underneath that wax...this is will make sure the shine and protection will last the longest...
    speaking of expensive waxes, I have a pot of SV Insignis ($375), Zymol Destiny ($647), samples of Zymol Vintage (nearly $2200 a pot), and Zymol Royale (over $8k a pot) and even after trying these ultra luxury waxes I was VERY IMPRESSED with Cquartz.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast