autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

payroll screw up

oh brother. took 40 hours of vacation last week. got my pay stub yesterday. i have DD. looked at it this morning to add the amount to my checking. 32 hours. pertty big mistake in my eyes. in this economy i need every dollar. i will bring it to their attention when i go in this afternoon. sad part is they will just add it to next weeks check, when i could of used it now.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: payroll screw up

Tell them to pull it out of petty cash and tell them to worry about figuring out the taxes and paper trail of it. It's there screw up, they need to make it right especially when food is potentially being taken from someones mouth....

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain!! I can't tell you how many times that same thing has happened to me.
    Tom
    2018 Lincoln - MKC
    Midnight Sapphire Blue Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

just the principal of screwing up something that was easy. wonder where they came up with 32 hours?? lol.... i should call them up and ask for the day off and call it even! really nice here today in PA.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

how dumb are you? opened my check thursday to find the 8 hours of owed vacation time not included! went right to the manager again. she came back from payroll and assured me it will be in the next check. to make matters worse, another co worker was outed 8 hours personal time last week too! the payroll is outsourced. but of course this starts at ground zero. never had problems before. i just find this really sad for a major company. really sad!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Its a conspricacy. They've been banking your cheddar to draw interest or invest
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Its a conspricacy. They've been banking your cheddar to draw interest or invest

good one. i would love to see you tell a cc company, on your monthly payment, whoops, sorry, could you wait 3 weeks AFTER the due date? really....i will have your money then.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Be glad you are not in the Army. It takes forever sometimes to get a mistake fixed. I have been lucky at times and very unlucky. They screwed up my BAH (Basic Allowance for Housing) They gave me $220 on one check instead of $485. I had it a week later. However, I was owed travel pay of $1600. $500 of that came out of my own pocket, $1100 was on my government travel card. 3 months later I had to pay the government travel card or risk credit issues and they would dock it from my pay. I paid it out of my own pocket. 3 months after that I finally got my $1500. Yes, $1500 not the $1600 they owed me. I just dropped it at that point and was happy to have something.
    The "artist" formerly known as M.P. Cobra Fan.

Bonita Detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GMC View Post
    good one. i would love to see you tell a cc company, on your monthly payment, whoops, sorry, could you wait 3 weeks AFTER the due date? really....i will have your money then.
    It never turns out pretty for the lil man. Whens the last time something like this has happened, and the results were you coming out on the positive end. IMO Jesse Ventura should be contacted to investigate these shenanigans
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

I think they have to pay you interest per day from the day it was due til the day it is paid...... I know for sure this is true when a raise is not applied on the correct time or company has made a mistake. Each state labor law is different so look it up first..... if it applies to you just mentioning it and that will stop that from happening in the future.
    Rosie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast